Honored Contributor

$10 Coupon from HSN. Why Nothing From QVC??

I received a coupon in the mail from HSN a few weeks ago, good from Dec. 20 through Jan. 31. It offers $10 off any purchase of $10 or more. I used it on a $50 sweater that l had already bought in a different color. I really wanted another one, but was hesitant to spend another $50. The coupon encouraged me to go ahead and make the purchase.

Mind you, l buy more items at QVC than l do at HSN, yet THEY send me coupons and YOU don’t! I’m wondering why this is. Bad customer relations, for sure! 

More coupons and incentives for your customers equals more purchases. That’s simple Marketing 101!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: $10 Coupon from HSN. Why Nothing From QVC??

Why comparing what HSN offers.  Two different companies.  If QVC is gonna offer $10 then they will.  If not, oh well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Financially they operate independently.  One has nothing to do with the other.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Why comparing what HSN offers.  Two different companies.  If QVC is gonna offer $10 then they will.  If not, oh well.

Does QVC want to lose business to HSN? I wouldn’t think so. They’re losing mine...

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't complain.  QVC has never offered coupons.  Now that they are under the same roof, I fear HSN will stop offering coupons.  

Respected Contributor

The two do things very differently and I too fear HSN will go the way of QVC and start charging an arm and a leg for returns, and things like that.  HSN has better policies that are more customer friendly IMO.  I shop both of course, but I know my HSN returns will not only be free but I'll get $5 KASH rewards to spend later.  Q would never do that!  They make so much money on returns.  I doubt we'll ever see a coupon from them. Even the statement credit they offer for opening a Q card is pathetic.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got one in the mail today for $10 off even though it's been well over a year since I ordered anything from HSN. The dates for using it are partly gone already (Dec 20 thru Jan 31, same as handygal) but that still gives me plenty of time. 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 They are two separate entities. They operate differently.

I don't care about a coupon as I don't buy from HSN, never have, never will.

I've watched it maybe a total of an hour in 10 years.

Honored Contributor

I realize that QVC and HSN are 2 separate companies, even though they are both owned by Qurate. But my point is that if HSN has a policy that is popular with their customers, QVC could certainly do the same thing!

Honored Contributor

@handygal2- I just placed an order last night with a 20% off coupon from HSN that expired yesterday.

When I saw this thread, I went back in and checked my account to find a $10 off $10 coupon and also a $5 off minimum $20; good through 02/15 and can be used mulitple times.

I won't cancel the order I placed last night, as it's only a matter of about $1.50 difference in savings, but I'll check to see if there's anything else I want.  I definitely take advantage of these offers and I don't get anything like it from QVC.

Thanks for the heads up!