Honored Contributor

Was there ever any doubt?  Not in Patriot's Nation.  The game is over, now it's on to the parade!  No one does a championship parade like Boston, even the weather is celebrating.  Hard to believe that just a few months ago the confetti was flying and the Duck Boats were revved up to celebrate the Red Sox World Series win.  It seems like the partying never stops for Boston.  We didn't host or go to a Super Bowl party this year, we both are working today but hubby took the day off so he could go to the parade so we're having some friends over for dinner tomorrow for a post Super Bowl party.

Contributor

Really Pook! Why can't people just be happy for the winning team without beating them down.......

Congratulations to our Patriots, and yes WE'RE STILL HERE!

Respected Contributor

Re: Yay Pats!!!

[ Edited ]

@TN wrote:

Really Pook! Why can't people just be happy for the winning team without beating them down.......

@TNIt is that old adage...they hate us cuz' they ain't us.  Why else would they make stuff up.  The Pats coaches, players and staff are the hardest working people in the league, period. That is why they win so much. They work and they prepare better then the other teams and it shows in their level of play.  They have been in what it is 9 of the last 18 super bowls. Love my Pats dynasty! Congrats to Bill and Tom and congrats to Julian for being chosen MVP. Well deserved all.  Bring on the Duck Boats!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Yay Pats!!!

[ Edited ]

@Rockycoast wrote:

@TN wrote:

@TNIt is that old adage...they hate us cuz' they ain't us.  Why else would they make stuff up.  The Pats coaches, players and staff are the hardest working people in the league, period. That is why they win so much. They work and they prepare better then the other teams and it shows in their level of play.  They have been in what it is 9 of the last 18 super bowls. Love my Pats dynasty! Congrats to Bill and Tom and congrats to Julian for being chosen MVP. Well deserved all.  Bring on the Duck Boats!

2002   Belichick had illegally obtained info of secret plays - got busted for it with a $500,000 fine but still had victories because of it.

2007   SPygate got penalized - lost 1st round pick and fined $250.000.

2015  used illegal plays in division playoff and won because of it.

2015   Used deflated balls and Brady got suspended for it as even if he wasn't personally responsible he definitely should have known the balls were deflated!  Won maybe because of it.

There also were several incidents with where Patriot fans setting off file alarms in the middle of the night at hotels where opposing teams were so they had to evacuate in the middle of the night before games with the Patriots so they would be tired and play poorly!  At least one of those incidents resulted in arrests and convictions.  But yet the Patriots didn't speak out publicly against the behavior and apologizing for their fans!

I'm sure there are more that I have never heard of.

Trusted Contributor

Sigh....sour grapes!

Go Pats!

Regular Contributor

You cannot beat the Patriots, you can only be envious of them.

Trusted Contributor

@Pook  I'm sure if you google it you'll find more dirt on the Pats.   While you're at it check out other teams too, just to be fair you know!!   In the meantime have fun while we're celebrating the Super Bowl win!!

Frequent Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Congrats to them.  Hopefully everything was on the up and up this time.  I just don't get how a really good team does so many illegal things (especially the coach) and many of the fans are often so rude to the opposing team going so far as to harass players of many opposing teams at their hotels!!  Go ahead and slam me but it's the truth!  The team is always good with some great plalyers so why is that necessary?

I'm not sure anything will convince you as you seem like a typical Pats hater.....but if you can open your mind just a tad, you might be enlightened. (Hopefully since this isn't a link....the PTB will let it stand.  Just put an http before the colon)

://sportsdumpster.com/an-arizona-cardinals-fan-made-an-amazing-video-disputing-all-cheating-allegations-against-the-patriots/?fbclid=IwAR3UhXUUze9FI_D7HUeayAahjDQfR9TjU84Qe0qVODExKPFHXBWHMPMsbgY

Valued Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
It never gets old!

It was the lowest rated Super Bowl in ten years, so I would beg to differ.

Honored Contributor

Terrible game but I'm so glad they won. Earlier this season I never thought they'd end up being Super Bowl champs.

Btw how come Janet Jackson was vilified for her wardrobe malfunction but Adam Levine takes his shirt off...and no one cares. Hello double standard. And the halftime show, terrible.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"