Respected Contributor

Who are you for, Croatia or England? I am pulling for Croatia because that's where my maternal grandparents came from.

Frequent Contributor

It does not really matter to me who wins.  But wow... there have been some really good games.

Occasional Contributor

I am English and believe that this is our World Cup this year.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Loving the World Cup -  watched every game - England! England! - of course I'm Brit - and It's comin home yahoo!

Respected Contributor

If Croatia and England are in the finale, I'll go with Croatia.   Mostly because they had absolutely "no chance" when the games started out.  But if England wins, I'll be okay with that too.

Actually, I was hoping Uruguay would win.   Ever since I found out that they were the first to ever win this event back in the dark ages, and then once more a long time ago, I was hoping for them to win again.

Respected Contributor
  • @CLEM  Croatia and England are in one semi final and France and Belgium in another - the winning team from each game then goes thro to final so it could never be a final with Croatia and England.  We find out Tuesday and Wednesday who the finalists are!  If I survive!
Respected Contributor

@dulwich  Thanks for clarifying this for me.  I have been watching the soccer world cup for decades, but for some reason I was not able to get into it this time.   I am German so I am always cheering for them, but then they lost so early.   I am also always cheering for the underdog.  So, having a small country like Croatia surviving and being in the final 4 is amazing.

Respected Contributor

@CLEM  I was surprised Germany went out so early but am bl--dy amazed we - England - are still in! First time we have got to the semi final in 26 or 28 years (can't remember which) we've always been out in the early games - can't wait for Wednesday got everything crossed!

Respected Contributor

@dulwich  A couple of weeks ago I saw something on TV about a new "star" in England.  Don't know if he actually is part of the team.  But perhaps that makes all the difference.

I live in a highrise and we have a deli downstairs.  Most of the people there are either Mexican or South Korean.  They told me when the games were to start and they actually were pretty sure that Germany was the team to beat (not that they particularly liked them).

Respected Contributor

I am for England for tomorrow’s game because I want them to be against France in the finals.

I am pro France this year and my prediction is that France will win. They have young and energetic and also very masterful team. ⚽️🇫🇷