Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why would the NFL invite JT back to do half time.

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I just read where YouTube was created because of that incident.

One of the founders said he couldn’t find the video anywhere

and they felt the need to begin a video sharing platform.

Boom. 

YouTube was born.

Justin Timberlake is very relevant. 

He appeals to so many of the 90’s generation, which is

becoming the generation targeted for $$$ SuperBowl attendance.

It would be cool if Janet made a cameo, but it will still be an

amazing performance with Justin alone.

Trusted Contributor

Because they think he will get ratings.  Also, NBC is broadcasting and JT has some connections to NBC.  I recently read he has a holiday movie coming up on NBC.  

I can’t think of a Super Bowl halftime i’ve enjoyed. No jazz, no opera (now that would be a funny halftime) - when was the last country act even?  

Super Bowl halftime always good time for refilling the trays of food, drinks and, of course, bathroom break. 

Personally, I’d rather watch college halftimes with their great marching bands.  Unfortunately, they don’t show anymore. 

Technology would allow a choice between halftime and the broadcasters but, nooooo! 

Respected Contributor

@trenet wrote:

Personally, I’d rather watch college halftimes with their great marching bands.  Unfortunately, they don’t show anymore. 

I no longer watch any sports. But when I was younger, I remember watching those marching bands.

I'm with you....now THAT was talent! They were really fun to watch- MUCH better than the Hollyweird idiots. 

Honored Contributor

I personally think the best halftime shows were 

Prince

Bruno Mars

I do like Justin, I am sure it will be a good show!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Steeler 20,

IMO the best SB musical performance was  Prince (RIP), in the pouring rain, killing it.

dee

@Steeler 20 wrote:

One of the very best was Bruno Mars !

Honored Contributor

i have no doubt that JT is going to put on an entertaining and over the top halftime show. i am so looking forward to it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Prince was the absolute best for me. Also loved U2 and Bruce Springsteen. I really enjoyed Lady Gaga too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@trenet wrote:

Because they think he will get ratings.  Also, NBC is broadcasting and JT has some connections to NBC.  I recently read he has a holiday movie coming up on NBC.  

I can’t think of a Super Bowl halftime i’ve enjoyed. No jazz, no opera (now that would be a funny halftime) - when was the last country act even?  

Super Bowl halftime always good time for refilling the trays of food, drinks and, of course, bathroom break. 

Technology would allow a choice between halftime and the broadcasters but, nooooo! 

@trenet- I agree.   I cleanup, do a little wash....I watch for the game not half time.  There is so much school spirit during college games.  I did like the advertisements once but they haven't been up to par so the Clydesdales would be fine for me....or puppy/kitty bowl.  Maybe a military band would be nice...but the rest of these pop stars, no interest at all.  

Respected Contributor

I don't watch the halftime.  It took me awhile to figure out who JT was!

Hyacinth