Contributor

Re: Who's Watching the First Ever Amazon Prime NFL Football Game?

Herbert so good looking and likeable .

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I don't have Amazon Prime, but will watch the replay on NFL+ today. 

Not a Chiefs fan, as I don't care about Andy Reid. The "tomahawk chop" is sooo annoying. (Unless you're a Chiefs fan.)

The reason this is in beauty is because both Justin Herbert and Patrick Mahomes are good looking. 

I've never liked Andy Reid either.  Especially when we lived in the Philly area and I was still a Cowboys fan.   I'm also with you on the 'chop chant'.  Hate that.  But Patrick Mahomes and being sick of the Cowboys did the trick.  Go Chiefs!

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I had no idea there was a sports forum (altho those two q-backs belonged in the beauty forum (g) )

When I was a young girl watching football every Sunday with my dad, I would often root for teams other than Dallas Cowboys.  Vikings because they were my fav color (purple), Colts because they were my fav animal (horses), NY Jets because of Joe Namath and dad flew jets.  Dad doesn't watch football anymore.  I miss that.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

We don't have any "smart" tvs.  Until recently we didn't have the Internet speed to support it (country living).  I will look into a Roku or Fire Stick.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

The first NFL game my dad took me to was a Cowboys/Eagle game Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@DrBabs 

Well said.  I totally agree with everything you said.  "Your" Chiefs??  Well ok.  I'll give you that but Patrick is a local home boy so he's MINE! (and we have a work associate that went to high school with him so that makes us nearly related).

Grinning or Nervous Face? People Interpret Emojis Differently | Live Science

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:
@ikat

What is it you don't like about Thursday night football?

Chargers / Herbert... Had no idea he was so cute!

Does the game seem lackluster to anyone else? It just lacks excitement.

Unless I've misunderstood, all Thursday night games will now be played on Amazon prime. For me that means I have to watch on my computer monitor. It's a 32-in monitor so it's not terribly small but
It's not like watching on a 65-in TV or even 46in in the bedrooms
We are a Google household so no Apple TVs here.

@monicakm 

you dont have a smart tv?

i have samsung smart tv, and have the amazon prime app already loaded onto my tv. i just sign in and am able to watch it on a big screen.

i thought the sound and the picture quality were excellent, but maybe it really depends on how you are watching it. there didnt seem to be any more commercials than there already are on all the other stations that show the games.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

We do not.  One of the last tvs we replaced was in the kitchen.  I bought a smart tv but that was before we finally got good Internet out here and I returned it.  I cast YT to our tvs and I never watch network tv anymore but DH does.