Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who's Watching the First Ever Amazon Prime NFL Football Game?

I don't have Amazon Prime, but will watch the replay on NFL+ today. 

Not a Chiefs fan, as I don't care about Andy Reid. The "tomahawk chop" is sooo annoying. (Unless you're a Chiefs fan.)

The reason this is in beauty is because both Justin Herbert and Patrick Mahomes are good looking. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed the game but not the experience of watching it on a computer monitor.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac 

I knew there was someone else here that lived in the area.  We were in Tyler twice this week (DH works out of and in Tyler).  It's been so long since we've actually been in shopping areas.  It's either doctor offices or out to eat.  I do remember a few (maybe three) years ago my husband's dentist had a larger than life size wall mural of Patrick.  

After the game was over last night my husband said it was playing on tv.  We tried the tv when the game first came on and didn't see it.  We are supposed to get every NFL game being played this season (on Directv).  It's ok.  They won.  Patrick did his magic and it was a good game.  Just seemed more low-key.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal 

LOL, I love it Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

The "tomahawk chop" is sooo annoying.

Are you talking about the Chief's "chant"?  It's my ringtone Smiley Happy

Amazon.com: Your Fan Shop for Kansas City Chiefs

Honored Contributor

@colleena 

Oh I felt so sorry for Herbert.  He looked like he was in extreme pain.  I was surprised he stayed in the game.  Both teams played very well.  Patrick just did what Patrick's famous for when he's behind.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I still love you Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@teganslaw 

The "tomahawk chop" is sooo annoying.

Are you talking about the Chief's "chant"?  It's my ringtone Smiley Happy

Amazon.com: Your Fan Shop for Kansas City Chiefs

I meant the chant. That's OK, every fan has their likes and dislikes. As long as you enjoy it, is what matters. I happen to be a Colts fan, and we play KC soon, so that should be a good game.

Patrick Mahomes seems to be a good person and is nice looking, as well as talented, so nothing against him. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:
@ikat

What is it you don't like about Thursday night football?

Chargers / Herbert... Had no idea he was so cute!

Does the game seem lackluster to anyone else? It just lacks excitement.

Unless I've misunderstood, all Thursday night games will now be played on Amazon prime. For me that means I have to watch on my computer monitor. It's a 32-in monitor so it's not terribly small but
It's not like watching on a 65-in TV or even 46in in the bedrooms
We are a Google household so no Apple TVs here.

It's pretty easy to watch Amazon Prime Videos on a bigger screen. Most smart TVs either have or can get the Amazon Prime Video app. As far as I know, every streaming device (Roku, Fire Stick, and the rest) either has or can get the Prime Video app. You don't need an Apple TV to watch Amazon Prime Videos. You can easily see them on a much bigger screen.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

I hated the Amazon coverage. Won't watch any other Thursday night games unless my Chiefs are playing.

I think Amazon has a lot to work out on this Prime coverage. They ran too many commercials about their movies/shows, didn't have good sound quality, and the picture was a bit dark. Not much energy in the production or "host panel", and the Arrowhead noise didn't come through. It all seemed lethargic. Missed the anthem, the fireworks, the flyover, the coin toss. Sound sync issues on commercials so that the words were heard before the mouths said them.

I think Al and Kirk are a good team but even they weren't conveying much energy. And that host panel felt high school to me.

I guess I've been spoiled by a certain level of professional TV production over the years, and REALLY spoiled when I attended games in person.

I can't stand Jeff Bezos and seeing him strut the hallowed grounds of Arrowhead was just....yuck.