Honored Contributor

What service besides MLB channel carries Yankees games

OK, I know nothing about sports.  My husband is Yankees fan. He has MLB channel. Half the games he tries to watch are blacked out. We live in TX why they black them out I don't know like we can't get in the car and drive over to NY.

Our Anniversary is coming up I'd like to get him an subscription to a channel that he can watch all the Yankee ballgames.

We have cable service

We have Roku boxes

We have Hulu paid service

We can't get YES network in our zip code. I've been on internet.

Sling TV is mentioned.  

Is ESPN Plus any good   ?   we got ESPN thru cable would PLUS give him more access to the games ?

HELP !

Honored Contributor

Re: What service besides MLB channel carries Yankees games

@SharkE  It looks like we get Yankee games on ESPN. I am in the NY area so I don't know if that matters.

Occasional Contributor

You can order MLB TV through Amazon Prime or through MLB Extra Innings with many cable providers. Since you are in Texas MLB rules dictate that you are blacked out from any of the games played against your local Texas teams.  You'll still be able to watch the games but you will have to watch the Texas announcers rather than the YES broadcast team.

You can watch the blacked out games on your computer or phone with MLB TV if you use a VPN.  I live in Maryland so the Yankees are blacked out when they play either the Nationals or the Orioles.  I make sure that my VPN shows an IP address that is outside of this area for these games and I am able to watch the YES broadcast.

I get the Sports Pack through Direct TV for the YES Network.  I also have MLB Extra Innings to get a wide variety of games from around the country.  It is wonderful for baseball fans.

Honored Contributor

A VPN (virtual private network) would solve a lot of your issues if he watches the games online. If he's watching through your cable company, not so much. (I use PIA Private Internet Access by the way.) With a VPN you can route your service through a different city, state, or even country to get around blackouts. Oddly enough even services like Netflix offer different movies in different parts of the world. A movie that you can't see here, might be readily available in England, or Australia. With a VPN you can appear to be in England or Australia and catch a movie that you can't see otherwise. My service costs $39.99 a year but lets me appear to be from just about anywhere. I'll be watching Big Brother Canada in February/March when it starts up and for all those producing the show will know, I'll be Canadian. I just have to remember to start saying "Eh," a lot more.

The right internet subscription combined with a VPN should let him see most of the games.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

LOL Thanks