Honored Contributor

Re: Week Two of the NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

I didn't do too badly on last weeks picks, so here we go with round #2..........

Bucs vs Panthers-Time for the Bucs to get rid of Jameis Winston ...going with Cam and the PANTHERS!

49ers vs Bengals---The Bengals played better than expected....The 49ers easily took care of the Bucs...I think the 49ers just have more talent and so taking the 49ers for the WIN!

Vikings vs Packers---The Packers looked awful on offense except for that one play, but their defense looked good.....Capt Kirk and company relied on their running game and their defense woke up....But Capt Kirk has a way of putting up good stats but losing in big games....I think Aaron and that defense will be the WINNERS!!---PACKERS! 

Bills vs Giants---The Giants looked like what we thought,---RB Barkley and little else.....The Bills snucked by the Jets, they have the better defense....BILLS for the WIN!

Jags vs Texans---Two heartbroken teams---the Jags lost Foles and their hope, and despite a brilliant performance by Watson and the offense they lost by a last minute FG to a good Saints team....I'm going with THE TEXANS for the "W"!!!  

Chargers vs Lions---Gotta take Philip Rivers and the CHARGERS!!

Patriots vs Dolphins---The Patriots have had problems when they play in Miami....but the way the Dolphins appear to be tanking for Tua....the Dolphins might as well forfeit the game and give the PATRIOTS a WIN....Pats all the way even if AB doesn't show up!!! 

Seahawks vs Steelers---The Steelers looked PATHETIC in all phases of the game.....The Seahawks squeaked by the Bengals....BUT the Seahawks are the better team---SEAHAWKS get the WIN!

Cowboys vs Redskins (DALLAS WEEK!!!---for many Redskin fans it's more important than the Super Bowl)....I think the Cowboys will come back to earth a bit, the Redskin defense is better despite the injuries than what the Giants offered....and the offense wasn't half bad...AP will be back in the lineup --- and the young WRs looked promising.....The key is can the Redskins score and on the defense slow down Zeke....???? For the Cowboys  Dak and Amari still looking for that new deal, will this be a distraction since the media keeps bringing it up.....and can Dak top last week's performance????  I'm throwing caution to the wind and taking my REDSKINS in an upset ....HTTR!!! Woman Very Happy

Cardinals vs Ravens---Cardinals had a nice comeback, and in an amazing way tied the game, meanwhile the Ravens destroyed the Dolphins!!!  Gotta go with the RAVENS!!! 

Colts vs Titans---Colts looked good with Brisset, and Titans surprised the much ballyhooed Browns.  But which Mariota will show up?????  I got a hunch and am going with THE COLTS for the WIN!!  

Chiefs vs Raiders---oh they are going to be playing on that combination football/baseball field....well eat my dust!!!  Everyone's darling Mahomes will fire up the Chiefs offense....The Raiders looked decent against a strong Broncos defense.....and of course they will have that crazy "Black Hole" fan base to cheer them on......but I think the Chiefs have too much fire power and will prevail.... THE CHIEFS 

Saints vs Rams---This should be an excellent game....I think the Saints want REVENGE....so taking them for the WIN---SAINTS~!!!!  

Da Bears vs Broncos---The Bears looked awful on offense...well at least their new FG kicker made the FG!!!  I dont know what happened to Von Miller and Chubb against the Raiders, but I think the BRONCOS will bounce back and get the WIN at home!!

Eagles vs Falcons---The Eagles let the Redskins win the first half of last week's game, and then bounced back in the second half......The Falcons were a disappointment...going with THE EAGLES they will surely FLY!!!

Browns vs Jets---The Jets lost a heartbreaker....and the Browns were downright embarrassed.....Was OBJ checking his watch too much????  I think THE BROWNS will bounce back for the WIN!!!  I dont think Mayfield wants to be embarrassed two weeks in a row! 

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! 🏈

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Ravens Play 'What's in the Box?'

cute video........

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/ravens-play-what-s-in-the-box

@sunshine45 

I LOVED that video....😄  Thanks for sharing...the  dog was the favorite.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jay Gruden and company gave high praises for Ereck Flowers play at G against a good Eagles defense....He was assessed a penalty but that should have been given to Penn....

Jonathan Allen has a grade 1 MCL sprain and could miss 1-2 weeks.....Woman Sad

The Redskins released TE Holtz which is a sign that TE Reed is ready to return....Keenum said he's "Ive never played with a player that can do what Reed does".....BUT Case, the problem is how much is Reed actually on the field....his constant injuries are a real concern.....

Valued Contributor

THE GIANTS PLAYED O.K. ???????

Honored Contributor

AB disgusts me and so does coach BB. With that owner they have, nothing should surprise me.

Respected Contributor

AB is his own worst enemy. I hope the mother of his 3 kids throws his stuff off a balcony LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's some strange news--the Jets QB Sam Darnold is out with....get this....MONO....!!!!  He could miss several weeks and has lost lots of weight....Sieman was the only other QB on their roster, so they promoted Luke Falk from the practice squad...And to add more woes for the Jets...Bell is getting an MRI on his shoulder.....

Here's news I find a bit amusing.....the Vikings picked up former Redskin WR Doctson and he's on IR with a leg injury....and there's hope he will return to action LATER THIS SEASON!!!  All I can say is, the Redskins made a GOOD DECISION to cut this guy~~~  Now some Packer and Bear fans are claiming their just stashing Doctson on IR until he gets a chance to learn the system....

And I think the Redskins will regret this.....Since Reed is healthy they waived TE Holtz and the Bears picked him off of waivers....so I guess they need to keep their fingers crossed that Reed stays healthy....which is doubtful... Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I was home in God's Country on vacay last week, so I was not able to make my picks.  Here we go for week #2

Panthers over Bucs-Agree, @Spurt Jameis has never truly bloomed

49ers over Bengals-They played well week 1, Bengals not so much

Packers over Vikings-Rodgers over Cousins (sorry, Sparty)

Giants over Bills-Just because it is a home game   yawn

Texans over Jags-Home field

LIONS over Chargers-Will I ever learn?

Pats over Fish-Easy win

Seahawks over Steelers-Agree, @Spurt 

Redskins over Boys-Every time

Ravens over Cardinals-They won't give up a 17 point lead   (paging Lions)

Titans over Colts-This could be the best contest of the week, IMO

Chiefs over RaiderNation-Mahomes is my FF QB, he and Sammy lit it up last week!

Saints over Rams-This is a toss up

Broncos over Bears-As much as I dislike Elway, I hope they beat the Bears

Eagles over Falcons-Matty Ice looked really cold last week

Jets over Browns-Browns having a hard time with all the hype, what time is it, OBJ?

Good Luck to everyone's teams!!!  Restore the Roar!!!  Will I EVER learn??!!  LOL

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

The Jets always seem to have problems. This year, so far, it doesn't look any better. 

Since Funchess is on IR, Deon Cain will be the next one up behind Hilton. Cain has the talent to do well, and now has more of a chance to show what he can do. 

SPURT, who will be the main RB in Washington? There are Peterson, McLaurin and Thompson. Peterson should be getting more snaps, but with what McLaurin did last week, he might be considered more. Also, why was Peterson a healthy scratch last week? I didn't see any news where he got in trouble with the team. 

I had Mahomes on one of my fantasy leagues, although not Watkins. He might not repeat last week's production, but I'll be adding Watkins this coming week. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The Jets always seem to have problems. This year, so far, it doesn't look any better. 

Since Funchess is on IR, Deon Cain will be the next one up behind Hilton. Cain has the talent to do well, and now has more of a chance to show what he can do. 

SPURT, who will be the main RB in Washington? There are Peterson, McLaurin and Thompson. Peterson should be getting more snaps, but with what McLaurin did last week, he might be considered more. Also, why was Peterson a healthy scratch last week? I didn't see any news where he got in trouble with the team. 

I had Mahomes on one of my fantasy leagues, although not Watkins. He might not repeat last week's production, but I'll be adding Watkins this coming week. 

@teganslaw 

Gruden gave a strange response on why AP was inactive....he said it would be based on the opponent and a decision would be made week to week whether AP was active or not, many of the Redskin players were upset with this decision...Now that Guice is hurt, AP has been designated as the Redskins starting running back. Thompson is more a change of pace, 3rd down type back and can also catch passes, the Redskins picked up RB and former Eagle Smallwood, and Smallwood is being used primarily on special teams... ...

.McLaurin is our rookie WR ....QB Haskins buddy---both from Ohio State....McLaurin is very talented and has great speed...I think fans are looking to him, and thinking Gruden should go with more of a passing game rather than relying more on the run ....but our WR group as a whole is young and inexperienced except for Richardson.  And as far as reliable tight end its 35 yr old Vernon Davis... 

This was Gruden's quote:

"That was a tough deal - for him (Adrian Peterson), I'm sure and for me, as well," Gruden explained after the 32-27 loss to the Eagles. "He's a good football player still, without a doubt. But on game day, we need as many guys that can cover. We had a punt blocked and two returns on us in the preseason, so we had to get an extra linebacker up for special teams and [Wendell] Smallwood, too. It had to be done. If I have the luxury of dressing four running backs or three some other time, if I have enough special teams guys, I'll do that."