Honored Contributor

Re: Week Two of the NFL Regular Season!!!

I wouldn't blame Andrew Luck for wanting a trade as the Colts have never really surrounded him with top talent, but I find it extremely unlikely they'd ever trade him. Maybe if the Colts ended up with a top three pick in this year's draft and their new coach loved a kid coming out they'd consider it, but the price for Luck would be very, very high. It could allow the Colts to rebuild quickly, but they'd still have to use the bounty well.

Which teams might trade for him? Jacksonville would make sense. If Brady retires this year I could see the Patriots being tempted. The Niners would be another option, but I think they need their draft picks more than Luck. I'm not sure would be that many takers for Luck. Maybe Pittsburgh if Ben retires?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman

I am a Corey Clement fan so I hope he gets to play lots tomorrow!  Woman Happy

As to Blount, I am always a little wary when Bill Belichick gives up on a player. He is so savvy that I think if he thinks for whatever reason a player is not worth keeping, then he must know something....

Now of course it could just be a matter of a  $$ dispute or a personality clash...but still, if Bill chills on someone, then I think there may be a good reason!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

It's game day!!! I start out locally with the Eagles at the Chiefs. I'm not wildly confident about this game. In fact, I expect the Eagles to lose. Why? Speed. I think the Chiefs are too fast at wide receiver and running back in this matchup with the Eagles. Our corners and safeties just aren't as fast as they need to be to match up with the blazing fast receivers the Chiefs can throw at us.

How could the Eagles win? By hitting the big plays they just missed on last week.  Torrey Smith was able to beat Josh Norman deep on several balls last week only to have the passes just overthrown or just underthrown. Those passes have to be accurate this week. Hit Torrey Smith in stride on a couple of big plays and those Chief safeties have to drop back and take away the deep ball which opens up the running game and the underneath passing game. If the defensive line can attack Alex Smith and harass him often enough we could force him into taking sacks. Alex Smith will take a sack rather than throw up a fifty-fifty ball, so get a few sacks to keep them in long yardage situations and the Eagles have a shot at winning.

The second game in is the Cowboys at the Broncos. We know the Cowboy offense is good, but the Giants made the Cowboy defense look good last week. Is that Cowboy defense as good as the Giants made them look, or are the Giants that bad on offense? We'll start to get an answer today. Playing in Denver is never easy. We'll see if the Broncos can find the holes the Giants couldn't find last week and exploit them.

The late game tonight is Green Bay at Atlanta. That should be a fun game to watch. Aaron Rodgers is amazing to watch and I always wonder what he could have been if the Packers had ever surrounded him with top notch talent on offense. Imagine him teamed with an AJ Green, Julio Jones, or Ezekiel Elliott behind a really good offensive line. The numbers he could have put up would have been amazing. Instead they more often surround him with middling talent and trust him to make them better than they are, which he does.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

woooohoooooo RAVENS got a win today and looked pretty good, both defense AND offense. unfortunately, the steelers won also. we have to share first place with them at the moment.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Congrats to the KC Chiefs - good game against the Eagles! 

@sunshine45

Happy to see your Ravens win!

@Spurt

Wow...as of now, at 6:30 EDT, you have predicted every single game thus far correctly!! Very impressive - 9 for 9!! ( I only got 6 of 9 right!!) Congrats!! Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trusted Contributor

Mercy me - 35 to 10 in the 3rd.

This game can't end soon enough.

Denver is cooking up Cowboy stew for dinner.

Sorry boys, I can't take anymore.  Throwing in the

white towel and going for a walk with my dog.

Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @yellowBeetle

Well I'll tell you I was impressed with the Eagles they went toe to toe with a very good Chiefs team....turnovers were the difference......Very impressed with Wentz and the defense........

As far as the Cowboys .....to quote the late great Denny Green "They are what we thought they were".............they got exposed and Zeke was shut down...............

Seattle sure looked AWFUL in their win!!! 

Poor Chargers 2 heart breaking losses in a row..........I feel sorry for Philip Rivers.................

@sunshine45  CONGRATS to the Ravens! Good Game! 

@teganslaw  Colts put up a good fight, even battled into OT.....sorry about the loss.............

My Redskins won the game....but it was a miracle....the running game was decent--lots of injuies-- Rob Kelley left the game with a possible fractured rib, RB Chris Thompson did a great job and he also caught 3 passes, I thought he was better than Kelley, and he helped with blocking too, Oh and Jordan Reed is hurt again (AC joint sprain) , and O lineman RT Moses turned his ankle....and safety Nicholson suffered a joint sprain in his shoulder too....

On defense the key players were once again Zach Brown did an excellent job, all around the ball, and Kerrigan did his part in trying to strip Goff of the ball, Preston Smith had a key sack, and of course Foster with the key interception as the Rams tried to go down field with 1:44 to tie or win the game........

Kicker Hopkins missed a short FG earlier in the game Smiley Frustrated  Redskins struggled in the red zone (same plays that were ineffective)....settled for FGs and Cousins struggled ..Goff outplayed him....Cousins continues to look "off"....yes he was pressured a bit, but its his mechanics......18/27 for 179 a mediocre performance, and did I mention his 2 fumbles Woman Frustrated.The Redskins were dominating with the running game but almost let this one get away.........WHEW!   Still its a win! HTRR! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

Congrats to the KC Chiefs - good game against the Eagles! 

@sunshine45

Happy to see your Ravens win!

@Spurt

Wow...as of now, at 6:30 EDT, you have predicted every single game thus far correctly!! Very impressive - 9 for 9!! ( I only got 6 of 9 right!!) Congrats!! Woman Happy

@yellowBeetle

I did miss with the Chargers and the Cowboys....sometimes I go with my feelings instead of sound reasoning...LOL!! But this week has been an EXCELLENT week for me...usually Im downright AWFUL with my picks....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It was a good game for the Eagles. We've got to get back to running the ball, but Wentz played well and the defense is a beast. I'd have loved to get the win, but it wasn't to be.

That Cowboy defense got exposed and Dak's playing like a young QB now that the Cowboys aren't able to run.

The Falcons are off to a good early start in the late game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!