Honored Contributor

Week Two of the NFL Regular Season!!!

We start out this week with the Bucs at the Panthers. Both teams lost last week. The good news for Carolina is that Cam Newton's arm didn't fall off. I think Tampa will abandon the Jameis Winston experiment after this season and find themselves a new QB. I'll take Carolina here.

The Niners take on the Bengals. The Bengals are a slight favorite in this one, but I'm taking the Niners. 

The Vikings go to Green Bay. This should be a pretty good game. I'll take Green Bay in this one. I just trust Aaron Rodgers more than Kirk Cousins.

The Bills go to the Giants. Kind of an important game for the Giants. They played okay against the Cowboys last week. Can they build on that and get some early momentum, or will a loss increase the pressure to play the kid at QB? I've got the Bills in this one.

The Jags take on the Texans. The Jaguars are in trouble. losing Foles in game one hurts them rather badly. They've gone from playoff contender to first overall pick contender in one week. The Texans were able to go toe to toe with an NFC power in New Orleans and almost win. I'm taking the Texans in this one.

The Chargers take on the Lions. Good news for the Lions, they didn't lose week one. Bad news for the Lions, they didn't win either. The Cards strangely decided to play for the tie rather than the win, so the Lions ended up with a tie. I've got to take the Chargers in this one.

The Seahawks go to the Steelers. To say the Steelers looked unimpressive in their 33-3 loss to the Patriots is an understatement. I don't see things getting a whole lot better facing Russell Wilson. I'm taking the Seahawks, even though the Steelers are somehow favored.

The Cowboys go to DC to play the Redskins. If the Redskins can play as they did in the first half against the Eagles for a whole game, they've got a good shot to win. I'm just not sure they can. I'll take the Cowboys to win, but root for the Redskins.

The Patriots get to fly down to Miami for a bye this week against the Dolphins. Pretty much everyone knows the plan for the Dolphins is to roll over and play dead this year to get a high draft pick next year. So, the best team in the AFC heads south to take on the worst team in the AFC. Yeah, I'm picking the Patriots. This one could get ugly. You can probably say that about every Dolphins game this year.

The new-look Cards head to Baltimore to take on the Ravens. This could be a fun game to watch. Two unorthodox offenses facing off against one another. The Cards made a surprising comeback last week to tie the Lions, but then their head coach opted to punt instead of going for it on fourth down, late in overtime, pretty much guaranteeing the tie. I think that was a bad call for the psyche of the team. You've got to play to win in the NFL. I'm taking the Ravens this week.

The Colts are at the Titans. The Colts look okay with Jacoby Brissett at QB. The Titans just rolled over the hapless Browns last week. I'll take the Titans since they're playing at home, but this could be one of the better games of the week.

The Chiefs at the Raiders. The Raiders are getting better, but the Chiefs just have too much firepower. I'll take the Chiefs.

The Saints at the Rams in a playoff rematch. Both teams should be ready for this game. I have no clue who will win. Todd Gurley still doesn't seem healthy for the Rams which might give an edge to the Saints. The Rams are favored, but I'm taking the Saints in this one. I think they want to send a message to the Rams. It should be a fun game to watch though.

The Bears are at the Broncos. Playing in Mile High Stadium is always a challenge, but the Bears are a mite bit ticked off over losing last week. I don't think the Broncos have found their answer at QB in Flacco. I'm taking the Bears.

The Eagles go to the Falcons in a prime-time matchup. For whatever reason each of the last two years this game has ended with an incomplete pass to Julio Jones in the endzone to end the game. I've got a good feeling about this game. The Eagles were sleepwalking a bit in the first half last week, but once they woke up, all heck broke loose. The Eagles just have too many weapons to contain. I've got the Eagles winning this one fairly easily as they build momentum.

And finally, we get the Browns taking on the Jets. I still think the Browns are better than they looked last week. I think last week got their attention and they'll come out on fire this week. I've got the Browns winning this week.

After this week's games, we'll be one-eighth of the way through the new season already. These are the fastest sixteen weeks of the year. They just fly by.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Week Two of the NFL Regular Season!!!

Long suffering Bills fan here .. I know cry me a river !!

Switched channels .. as the game seemed hopeless..

then found out they won it ....

That will teach me ....But I fear as usual .. its all down hill

from here .....

Esteemed Contributor

Devin Funchess was placed on IR because of a broken clavicle. There's a chance that he could be back before the end of the season. 

The Colts have a good record against the Titans. If Indy plays the way they did last week, it will be a good game. It depends on how well Mariota does. Derrick Henry could be a factor also. 

Antonio's Brown's  former trainer has accused him of rape in 2017 and 2018. It's unclear whether she notified police, as this is a civil case, not criminal. I have no facts; it's a she said-he said situation. 

The Patriots have no comment during the investigation. 

How will the NFL handle this, though? Sometimes players are suspended just because of conduct issues, whether the accusation is true or not. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Devin Funchess was placed on IR because of a broken clavicle. There's a chance that he could be back before the end of the season. 

The Colts have a good record against the Titans. If Indy plays the way they did last week, it will be a good game. It depends on how well Mariota does. Derrick Henry could be a factor also. 

Antonio's Brown's  former trainer has accused him of rape in 2017 and 2018. It's unclear whether she notified police, as this is a civil case, not criminal. I have no facts; it's a she said-he said situation. 

The Patriots have no comment during the investigation. 

How will the NFL handle this, though? Sometimes players are suspended just because of conduct issues, whether the accusation is true or not. 

IMO, Rodger Goodell wouldn't go against Kraft for love nor money.  If AB was still with the Raiders it would be a whole other story.

Honored Contributor

Typically the NFL waits for the courts to rule then acts afterward on cases like AB's. My mind's gone blank but a Patriot (Patrick Chung?) has cocaine possession charges pending against him, but the league is waiting for the courts to rule before acting. I think he'll play most, if not all of the season before the court hearing, so the league just bides it's time and does it's own investigation in the background until the courts have made a ruling.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

One more note on AB. I don't think he'll still be a Patriot when the court makes a ruling. He's never been a "team guy." I wouldn't be shocked to see him gone in a couple of weeks. You just knew the Patriots would take a chance on him, but unless they've replaced his personality, he's likely gone before too long. Mike Tomlin is one of the more tolerant coaches in the league. He was happy to see AB go. Jon Gruden is also pretty tolerant of his players. He was happy to see AB go. Bill Belichick wants things done the Patriots way. AB wants things done the AB way.

They're pretty much two speeding locomotives heading towards one another at high speed on the same track. I don't see it ending well. The Patriots did add on a $20 million team option guarantee for next year to try and encourage him to play nice, but I'm not sure how effective it'll be. The Patriots are a really good team without AB. They may find they're a better team without AB and he'll be gone!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

One more note on AB. I don't think he'll still be a Patriot when the court makes a ruling. He's never been a "team guy." I wouldn't be shocked to see him gone in a couple of weeks. You just knew the Patriots would take a chance on him, but unless they've replaced his personality, he's likely gone before too long. Mike Tomlin is one of the more tolerant coaches in the league. He was happy to see AB go. Jon Gruden is also pretty tolerant of his players. He was happy to see AB go. Bill Belichick wants things done the Patriots way. AB wants things done the AB way.

They're pretty much two speeding locomotives heading towards one another at high speed on the same track. I don't see it ending well. The Patriots did add on a $20 million team option guarantee for next year to try and encourage him to play nice, but I'm not sure how effective it'll be. The Patriots are a really good team without AB. They may find they're a better team without AB and he'll be gone!

You are right .. AB +...Belichick +...The Patriots .. I don't see this ending well .....

Honored Contributor

Ravens Play 'What's in the Box?'

cute video........

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/ravens-play-what-s-in-the-box

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

As a Patriots fan I would be more than happy to pack Antonio’s bags for him. He is trouble whether these accusations are true or not.

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

As a Patriots fan I would be more than happy to pack Antonio’s bags for him. He is trouble whether these accusations are true or not.

@wakefield64 

I am so tired of hearing about AB, his antics and the drama....😡

I wish Goodell would show some guts and kick him out of the NFL (dont think it will happen, just wishful thinking) I'd not only help AB pack, but would personally purchase him a plane ticket so he can move to another continent......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”