Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Two of the NFL Playoffs! The Divisional Round!

I really hope GBay beats TBay.  I'm tired of watching Tom Brady!  Too arrogant.

Wonder how long Patrick will be out.  Most times those concussions put them out for more than a week, but depends on how bad it was.  Hope he can come back next week.  Felt sorry for him.

Cleveland fought a good fight.  Hope they come back stronger next year.

Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

WOW......mahomes is out.....concussion.

hope both he and lamar will be back on their feet soon!

Me too...! I hope Mahomes is ok...!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Buffalo Bills fans are donating money to Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson's favorite charity

https://www.wmar2news.com/sports/local-sports/buffalo-bills-fans-are-donating-money-to-baltimore-rav...

a nice story to read the day after......

an an update......

DONATIONS KEEP POURING IN: Blessings in a Backpack, a favorite charity of Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson, tweeted 13,600 donors had given $360,000 in 36 hours.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I really hope they don’t rush Patrick Mahomes back, could be really dangerous for him.

As a Patriots fan, who basically has no football team at the moment, I am rooting for Tom to go all the way. I want to stick it to Bill who left us totally naked after Tom left. Sound vindictive....you betcha.

Honored Contributor

I was just reading about the Saints, and Wow! They bet everything on winning this year. They're at least $68 million over the cap in 2021 and will need to cut quite a few upper-tier guys to get under the cap. They also only have three draft picks and their first isn't until the 28th pick in the first round, so they've got no real solutions in the draft. They can't sign free agents due to their cap. They have to cut starters due to their cap. They have to move on from Brees whether he retires or not due to their cap. I thought things were messy in Philly, but we're in much better shape than the Saints. That opens up the NFC South quite a bit. 

Meanwhile, in Philly, it's looking more and more like Josh McDaniels will be the new head coach. (Ugh!) Sure, it's not like the Belichick coaching tree has been bad. Oh, yeah, that's right, it's been terrible. Well, McDaniels is the guy to revive the career of Carson Wentz. Why, look what he did with Cam Newton this year! Then again, maybe it's better if you don't look at Cam Newton this year. (Eight TDs to 10 interceptions. Yikes!)  He was really good coaching one of the greatest QBs of all time in Tom Brady though. Or was the really good QB just capable of covering up his miscues?

I can honestly say that very, very few in the Philly area are hoping McDaniels gets the job. Maybe he'd be great. However, there's just nothing to give us any clue that would be true. All signs indicate it would be a disaster, but we'll have to see what happens. Hopefully, one fo the yet to be interviewed guys impresses the Eagles brain trust enough to make them forget McDaniels.

Teams often make the mistake of hiring assistant coaches who happen to be coaching really talented players and think those coaches made the players look good instead of the players made the coaches look good. Put a guy who coached Tom Brady with the average Joe at QB and he won't make that average Joe into another Tom Brady. The average Joe will still be the average Joe.

We saw the Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley get hired largely because of how good Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey played. Do the Chargers have an Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey? No. Will Staley be a great coach in spite of that? Maybe, but probably not.

I don't know what the Eagles think they see in Josh McDaniels, but I don't see it. I'd stay as far away from the guy as possible. So, they'll probably hire him. I'll root for the team anyway, but I'm not optimistic about how things are trending right now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Good luck if Josh McDaniels becomes the Eagles' HC. He did the Colts a favor by not going there; so can't stay upset with him  for turning down the team. 

It looks Marty Hurney will be Washington's new GM. The name isnt' familiar to me, so I don't how how that will work out.

New Orleans over estimated things. A team can hope to be in the Super Bowl, but to put everything on the line is too risky. Anything can happen: injuries, suspensions, etc. Then if it doesn't work out, you're in trouble. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Mary Hurney was the former Panthers GM, so the WFT are becoming the northern branch of the Carolina Panthers. It's an interesting move. We'll have to see how it works out.  

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Mary Hurney was the former Panthers GM, so the WFT are becoming the northern branch of the Carolina Panthers. It's an interesting move. We'll have to see how it works out.  

@gardenman  @teganslaw 

Just figured out a new name for my WFT---PANTHERS2!!! And I'll even nominate my own Figaro as the mascot....😸

What's next the WFT signing Greg Olsen before he retires and jumps to Fox Broadcasting???????

Since the WFT's chain of command is "coach centric" they said that the hiring of Hurney was hiring someone Ron could trust..... WFT's President, Jason Wright, handles strictly the business side of things.....

But what's odd is that Kyle Smith did an outstanding job...Washington has had two of the best drafts in the league over the course of the past couple of years, and had a home run free agency crop in 2020 as well. The lack of effusive praise for Smith from Rivera has fueled speculation that there’s some tension between the two, or that Smith’s “on his way out.” Given Smith’s performance, both in the draft and in free agency, that doesn't seems likely particularly when all reports from their collaboration last year were glowing, and indicated that the men were on the same page philosophically.  Some speculate that Rivera had a frank conversation with Smith - whom he had just promoted earlier in the year - towards the end of the season indicating a few things: 1) Rivera felt he needed a General Manager to take on some of the larger roles of the position and free Rivera from these duties; 2) He didn’t think that Smith was ready - yet - to do that, but that he could be, eventually; and, 3) He was very pleased with the job Smith was doing in his VPPP role, and wanted him to continue to focus on those responsibilities.  We will wait and see if Kyle Smith stays with the WFT in some capacity or whether he leaves....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wakefield64 wrote:

I really hope they don’t rush Patrick Mahomes back, could be really dangerous for him.

As a Patriots fan, who basically has no football team at the moment, I am rooting for Tom to go all the way. I want to stick it to Bill who left us totally naked after Tom left. Sound vindictive....you betcha.

My son has always been a Tom Brady fan!!!!.. I'm rooting for Tom too!!!! ( I can understand your anger towards Bill too!!)...I'm also a Patrick Mahomes fan..since I'm a KC Chief..fan as well! Heart

Honored Contributor

Another day and another round of head coaching interviews for the Eagles. They apparently really liked the Colts coach Sirianni, so add him to the long, long list of guys they like. The joke locally is that they're interviewing so many people they may end up interviewing Doug Pederson again. The players are promoting Duce Staley to be the new head coach, but local reporters now think Duce won't be hired. (Local reporters are often wrong though.) The never-ending search goes on. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!