Honored Contributor

Re: Week Two of the NFL Playoffs! The Divisional Round!

Macy's is having a jersey sale on QBs who are likely being moved this season, so I picked up a $100 Carson Wentz game jersey for $20. Whoo hoo! Experts say he'll be back now, so it could be a very wise investment. I went through all my lucky Eagles gear this year and sadly, none of it worked. Maybe this new jersey will have some luck in it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Jaguars now have a coach! They signed Urban Meyer to be their coach. It shouldn't impact the Eagles' search as he's one of the few people they haven't/aren't interviewing. A local reporter says the number of guys interviewed/to be interviewed is now forty for Philly.

Jacksonville is probably a good landing spot for Meyer. There's less pressure and intensity there than in other cities. His health background and character issues are more easily overlooked in a somewhat less pressure cooker type atmosphere. Drop him in Philly and the media attention would be brutal.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Robert Saleh is now the head coach of the Jets. (God help him!) It's a pretty good hire for the Jets. He's a tough guy who should be able to handle the NY media. How well will he handle Sam Darnold? Word is they're not expected to take a QB second overall and will stick with Darnold, but we'll see. 

I didn't figure Saleh to be a good mix with the Eagles. He's a big, tough guy and Lurie/Roseman don't like being bullied. They prefer to do the bullying. If they tried to tell Saleh he had to fire half his staff Saleh would likely tell them to do something physically impossible and they'd cower in fear.

The Eagles were reportedly very impressed by Arthur Smith, but he's a popular option. The Falcons have interviewed him twice, and other teams are lined up for him. If the Eagles want him they'll have to act quickly. 

A WFT writer suggests they trade for Matt Stafford sending their first and third-round picks to the Lions to get him. That would be an interesting move. I'm not sure the Lions would do it, but it would be interesting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Robert Saleh is now the head coach of the Jets. (God help him!) It's a pretty good hire for the Jets. He's a tough guy who should be able to handle the NY media. How well will he handle Sam Darnold? Word is they're not expected to take a QB second overall and will stick with Darnold, but we'll see. 

I didn't figure Saleh to be a good mix with the Eagles. He's a big, tough guy and Lurie/Roseman don't like being bullied. They prefer to do the bullying. If they tried to tell Saleh he had to fire half his staff Saleh would likely tell them to do something physically impossible and they'd cower in fear.

The Eagles were reportedly very impressed by Arthur Smith, but he's a popular option. The Falcons have interviewed him twice, and other teams are lined up for him. If the Eagles want him they'll have to act quickly. 

A WFT writer suggests they trade for Matt Stafford sending their first and third-round picks to the Lions to get him. That would be an interesting move. I'm not sure the Lions would do it, but it would be interesting.

@gardenman @redwingsgal 

I saw that rumor about a Matt Stafford trade, he's 33 and has been banged up some....He's a good QB, but he's not the answer JMHO...

There's an opinion the WFT should pickup Fitzmagic...well that would be an interesting rollercoaster ride maybe as a backup but he's too old too

Rivera mentioned something about a MLB...I think thats going to be a focus through the draft or FA....as well as more weapons on offense.....

Wow thats certainly a LOT of HC candidates for the Eagles to go through.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

That's a good price for a Carson Wentz jersey. Maybe he'll stay in Philly now. The last jersey I bought was Andrew Luck, and soon after the purchase, he retired. I still wear it, though. 

Robert Saleh had interviews with several teams; I wonder what made him decide to go with the Jets. Good luck to him. 

Wishing Chuck Pagano well in his retirement. 

Many Colts fans would like Stafford to sign with Indy, depending on what happens with Rivers. No idea if the team would be interested. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Anthony Castonzo's retirement was inevitable. He was pondering retirement last year, and I think his recent injury was the turning point. He'll be missed, but I wish him well in his future. After all he gave for the Colts, he deserves to rest now. 

@Spurt, I would like to see Philip Rivers return for another year. He helped get the Colts into the playoffs, and came close to winning the Wild Card or going into overtime. I think he still has the talent to play another year or two. 

If Rivers retires, I think the Colts should go free agency. I'd be fine with Stafford (considering he leaves Detroit), or Wentz. If salary cap can be worked out. I don't think Brissett would become starter in Indy again. The team could also see what they have in Eason, if nothing else comes up. 

I want to see Cleveland in the Championship Game. KC had all the accolades last year; it's time for another team. Whether the Browns can do it remains to be seen, but I'm hoping. 

@teganslaw 

i dont see rivers retiring just yet......he has too many chilren to put through college! Smiley Wink

he is another one who would just LOVE to have a ring before he retires! unfortunately, i think he was stuck in SD too long.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Arthur Smith is signing to coach the Falcons, so he's no longer available for the Eagles. The coaching vacancies are going fast now. The aspiring head coaches are starting to run out of teams.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It's game day number one of the weekend! Today we get to start out with the Rams and whoever they can find to play QB, Goff I think, against the Packers. That Rams defense really needs to show up this week for the Rams to have a chance. A Goff versus Rodgers matchup isn't good for the Rams. The Davante Adams and Jalen Ramsey matchup could be fun to watch, but even Ramsey will likely need help against Adams and Rodgers. Jared Goff could very well be playing for his job as there's talk of the Rams not being overly satisfied with his on-field performance. It looks like QBs will be flying all around the league this offseason with lots of names in motion and Goff could easily be one of them. 

Game two today features the Ravens at the Bills. That should be a fun game to watch. Two young QBs feeling their oats and wanting to prove which is the better. I'd probably prefer the Bills to win and make it to the Super Bowl and win the Super Bowl so their fans can finally put the "wide right curse" behind them. 

In non-playoff news. the Eagles head coaching search continues to meander on, and on, and on. Las Vegas has joined in the action and they think Eric Bieniemy of the Chiefs will be the new Eagles coach, but the Eagles will have to wait until after the Super Bowl to formalize it. (Assuming the Chiefs make the Super Bowl which is a pretty good bet.) While waiting, the Eagles continue to interview anyone who's ever coached, played, or watched an NFL game. Suffice to say there's no "short list" they're operating from. Many of the interviews are being done virtually from the Lurie Mansion in Palm Beach. A few candidates have been flown in on Lurie's private jet for a face-to-face consultation, but then flown out again afterward.

Bieniemy was the hot name to start the offseason for every job, but with jobs disappearing now and other teams finding Mr. Right (or Mr. Affordable as the case may be) and settling for another coach, he could find himself with a very limited pool of suitors. Given how things went for the last KC offensive coordinator the Eagles hired (Doug Pederson) I'm not sure how thrilled Eric Bieniemy would be to find the Eagles the only job left open. Still, it's a job and pays well. Just be sure to have lots of patience dealing with two impulsive fantasy football geeks who think they know more than the coaches. I suspect Bieniemy will insist on certain language in the contract (like the right to shoot the GM) in order to sign with the Eagles. Dealing with the Philly media and the Philly owner/GM is not an easy thing for a guy who just wants to coach the team.

We'll have to wait and wait, and wait, and see what happens with the Eagles' head coach search. Don't expect a result anytime soon. (Now watch them make an announcement later today.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I will be in full attendance  for the games this weekend.  My hopes.......

Green Bay, Buffalo, Cleveland, New Orleans.

Now if this happens, I may start a new career in gambling Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

I'm sure McCarthy had the shortest interview in history.....

Jones...."So Mike, was it a catch?"

McCarthy...."Absolutely"

Jones..."Welcome to Dallas"

What game is Philly playing asking for permission to interview Kellen Moore?

As if he's ready to be an NFL head coach.

But many Cowboy fans wished he had taken the Boise job.

I saw the replay and it was a catch! Can't be convinced otherwise. 

A previous post mentioned Jason Garrett as Eagles' HC. He put up with Jerry Jones all those, years, he could easily manage Lurie and Roseman. Seems that there was no interest in him,though. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain