Honored Contributor

Re: Week Two of the 2019 NFL Playoffs: The Divisional Round

A decent first half for the Eagles. The injuries are hurting us a bit. We'll need to keep the pressure on in the second half.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal

The Cowboys won't have a lot of choice in paying Dak. They're going to have to pay him going market rate to keep him and they don't have anyone to replace him. They pretty much have to sign him to an extension this offseason, after he took them to the playoffs, so they can't try to go cheap on him. They've got a lot of expensive guys who'll all want big money. They've got an interesting offseason ahead.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman

Yep, I know that's the reality of the situation, unfortunately.   I'm just saying I don't think he deserves it.   I think he is good enough to fine tune his skills.  

Sadly, he has a moron for his OC  and that doesn't help him at all.

Plus, he needs a REAL QB coach.   That would help him improve too.

Honored Contributor

well, that ended up being the best game of the four.

cannot believe that that  eagles pass was picked off! sorry gardenman and eagles fans. jeffery must be feeling pretty darn badly right now.

congrats saints fans! they are moving on in their great year!

in other good news......i am no longer in last place in my fantasy league! i moved up to second to last place! wooo hooooo.....did MUCH better this week and every single player i picked scored points for me. i have hopes for next week now!

are both games on sunday next week?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

The Foles magic ran out this time. This was the most interesting of all the divisional games, although I didn't see the Cowboys-Rams. The others weren't competitive at all. Got to give the Eagles credit; they hung in there. 

Maybe it will work out for the best since many Eagles were injured. it would have been tough for them to go to L.A. and try to win with players out. 

Rams or Saints? I would take the Saints next week. Drew Brees. deserves to go to the Superbowl after his record-setting season. Jared Goff is fine, too. I just favor Brees for some reason. 

Some Patriot fans are criticizing Mahomes' hair style and way of playing. LOL.  They don't like the fact that the game is on the road. Although they don't care about the Colts, many have a soft spot for Vinatieri. After all, he did help win Superbowls for them. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Dang! We almost had them. The injuries just kept mounting all game, but we hung in there and were moving the ball at the end when a perfectly thrown ball went through Alshon Jeffery's hands for just his third drop this year, and right to a Saint. Ah well, the stress of the playoffs is now gone. I'll be pulling for Andy Reid and the Chiefs from here on out.

Now we see what happens with Nick Foles and some others this off season. I wouldn't be shocked to see Nick back unless some team makes a big offer for him. He might just be too valuable to let go. Jason Peters might be done. He missed more playing time than you'd like this year. All in all, a good year. Injuries hurt the team all year. Ten cornerbacks played for the Eagles, including five guys off the street and I believe six safeties. We only typically have five corners and four safeties on the roster, so we had to make do quite a bit. We ended the year with about a quarter of our opening day roster on injured reserve, but still won a playoff game and were just twenty plus yards from beating the Saints. Not bad all things considered. We could use a good runningback, maybe some more depth on the offensive line, maybe a young defensive tackle, but the team looks pretty solid for next year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

I think it may work out for the best. We entered the season with two solid cornerbacks in Jalen Mills and Ronald Darby, but not much depth behind them. With both of those guys out for most of the year the kids (and guys off the street) had to step in and play. Some flamed out badly, but a few (Crevon LeBlanc, Tre Sullivan, and Avonte Maddox) shined when given the chance. Darby is likely leaving in free agency, but we have enough good young guys that drafting a replacement or targeting a free agent shouldn't be necessary now. When you lose a quarter of your roster to injuries you pretty much have to give guys out of football a chance, and you find a few gems. You also find a few clunkers, but you have little invested in them and can move on.

The Eagles have been raiding Canadian teams for talent already signing a couple of linebackers, receivers and offensive linemen to futures contracts. They're pretty high on the Darren Sproles like kid (Boston Scott) they poached off the Saints practice squad. A full year in the Eagles playbook should help him out.

The good news is the Eagles have a three week headstart now on off season surgeries and recovering over the NFC Super Bowl team. Those three extra weeks come in handy. Before you know it the off season workouts, OTA's and minicamps will be starting. The new league year starts in March and the new season pretty much starts when the Super Bowl ends. Carson Wentz should be a full participant this offseason which will help him a ton. We've got some good kid players who got injured this year but should be back at full speed next year. There's no reason for anything but optimism about the 2019 season for the Eagles. We've shown that even badly beat up and injured we can compete with anyone. Watch out for us when we're healthy!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman

I have a feeling that Wentz is going to be the Sam Bradford of the Eagles.  Hurt more than he plays.   And they already had the original and he was hurt when he was an Eagle too.