Honored Contributor

Re: Week Two of the 2019 NFL Playoffs: The Divisional Round

Very classy for the Patriots to have the moment of silence for Makenna Mebane. Daughter of Brandon. Tragically died at 7 weeks old.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

So far so good for the Patriots. They can't let up for a second.

@Greeneyedlady21

not a patriots fan.....at all.......but you have to give credit where credit is due.

i pretty much have no doubt that they will be winning this game and the first half has been all patriots. chargers dont look prepared and i am wondering if the travel back to the east PLUS the 26 degree weather has an impact also.

i am rooting for the chargers though. lol

i just knew that last week the chargers did not look that great, even though they got the win against the ravens, who did not really look good at all.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

let me also say that former san diego chargers fans were not always big fans of phillip rivers......and wanted him traded years ago.......because he often CHOKES when it comes down to the final games.

many were very upset when they lost drew brees.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Hate to say it at halftime and I know I shouldn't. But I cancelled my registration for a free meditation workshop to watch this game. Should have gone to the workshop. Oh well. I did register for another one and I made sure there wouldn't be a Pats game conflict possibility.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Hate to say it at halftime and I know I shouldn't. But I cancelled my registration for a free meditation workshop to watch this game. Should have gone to the workshop. Oh well. I did register for another one and I made sure there wouldn't be a Pats game conflict possibility.

I should have gone to a workshop instead of watching the train wreck-I mean Colts game- yesterday.  I still like Frank Reich, but his playcalling wasn't good. The team wasn't prepared for KC at all. 

SPURT, at least the Cowboys lost. You had mentioned that you wanted them to lose.

So it's going to be Chiefs and Patriots in Championship game. Even though they will play at Arrowhead, I have to think that NE will prevail. They have more experience and it's Brady. 

Gardenman, it doesn't look good for the Eagles. All the home teams have won so far. I guess one probably can't go by that, but it's difficult for a team to go the Superbowl two years in a row. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

Yeah, it'll be a tough game for the Eagles, but you never know. They feel like they're a team of destiny and they may be. We'll find out in a few more hours.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

Yep Tegan at least the Cowboys lost! Woman Very Happy ..sure were a lot of unhappy Cowboy fans leaving the Ram's stadium...... and my brother was happy his Rams won..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

SPURT, I appreciate your kind words about the Colts. On a positive note, Colts CB Kenny Moore was a stud! He was the star of the team and played his heart out. One of the bright spots in the game. 

That was classy for the Patriots to have moment of silence for Makenna Mebane. No one should have to go through something like that. 

I just saw that KC is favored next week over NE. That might make NE more motivated to get to another Superbowl. Maybe yesterday's game had something to do with my feelings, but the constant praise of Mahomes annoyed me. Mahomes is very talented, and he seems like a nice person, but it got to  be a bit much. Collinsworth tends to annoy me, anyway. 

I'd feel good if I had a yacht like Jerry Jones has. Woman Very Happy

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman

RE: Cowboys---- they don't 'become' an average team, they ARE an average team.   Nothing can change that with their current coaching staff.  Garrett and LIneham in particular need to go.  I really don't get how Garrett has kept his job for 8 years with his record.   Average, average, average.

JJ has never been all that shy about firing head coaches.   Between 1996 and 2010 they had 5 head coaches.  Yet Garrett stays.   What pictures does he have on JJ?   

If I sound like a disgruntled Cowboy fan it's because I am.   I was a DAllas Texans fan when the Cowboys started.   I've been a fan since day 1.   This team under JJ and particularly Garrett has become a boring, predictable team.   I really don't care anymore.   I'd like to see the changes needed to develop the great talent they have a be a winner again.  But I don't see that happening.  So, I hope they win but really don't care .  There are far more fun and exciting teams to watch.   Go Chiefs and Mahomes!!!

I'll add that Dak doesn't deserve top dollar.  He has been inconsistent and you never know which Dak will show up.   He needs to prove he is that top QB guy.

Esteemed Contributor

Eagles-Saints is a good game. Philly came out flying, but NO has settled down and made plays to get back in it. I like both Foles and Brees, so it doesn't matter to me how this goes. 

It was scary to see all the injuries the Eagles had. That would hurt their chances.  I expect the second half to be just as interesting.

Mark Twain