Honored Contributor

Re: Week Two of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@LonestarBabs wrote:

Happy Chiefs fan here, although I think we've got some work to do on our defense.

Oh the Vikings/Packers game -- and that poor rookie Vikings kicker who kept missing field goals. Wonder if he'll get cut...

Anyone notice how Fox doesn't show game scores in progress across the bottom of the screen this season? It's maddening -- I then have to look  away to find them elsewhere.  At least CBS still shows the scores ticker. Noticed that  on Fox Jimmy Johnson doesn't stay for the entire haltime show, and sometimes isn't there for the post-game show either. What, he's flying back to Florida in a hurry? I miss seeing him. However, as a loyal Chiefs fan I don't mind watching Tony Gonzalez in his place!

@LonestarBabs

Congrats! Chiefs are looking good.................And yes Tony Gonzalez is easy on the eyes Smiley Wink

On my Fox it does show the ticker with scores and stats...I have a Samsung and can adjust picture size from my remote...If your TV can do the same maybe you just need to adjust it a tad smaller to see scores........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Fitzgerald just played perfectly today. The Eagles woke up and played better in the second half, but it was too little too late. Jameis Winston will have to fight for his job in two weeks if Fitzgerald keeps playing like this.

The Jags are spanking the Patriots as I write this.

@gardenman

Fitz is looking good in Tampa.....Winston could be holding a clipboard the rest of the year!!!

How about them Jags!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Frank Gore became fourth on the all time rushing list. WTG Gore! He's behind Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton and Berry Sanders, all three in the HOF. I've always liked Gore and am glad that he is continuing to do well. 

Vontae Davis decided to retire at halftime in the Bills game. He pulled himself out of the game, put on his street clothes and said that he was finished. Not a classy move at all. Davis was outspoken and stepped out of line with coments when he was with the Colts. Talented, but had some attitude problems. Still, this was a surprising move, and it makes big problems for the Bills.

Josh Gordon, anyone? He didn't play today and the Browns are releasing him Monday. They backed him during his rehab problems, but now they are moving on without him. Other teams have already shown interest, though I don't know which ones. 

@teganslaw

That was very odd the way Davis retired.........

As bad as the Redskins played I wouldnt want Gordon on my team..................

Honored Contributor

I wonder if different Fox stations show the scores differently. My local Fox channel almost never shows the scores of other games while CBS has nonstop updates.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

That Davis "retirement" was the strangest thing I've seen in football. I look forward to more details when I listen to sports radio tomorrow.

I was a total Jaguars fan today and they didn't disappoint. Unfortunately, the Vikings kicker did disappoint.

Mahomes was amazing! Wish I could've seen that game. 

I'm a Seahawks fan and think tomorrow's game could go either way. In the meantime, I'll be cheering for the Cowboys, though it's probably futile. 

Football is my favorite season.
Honored Contributor

That offensive line of the Giants is truly offensive. You can't win in the NFL without a competent line and the Giants don't have one. Their GM needs to be out looking everywhere for someone, anyone to replace Flowers.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with @gardenman about the Giants offensive line. Eli was sacked 6 times and was running for his life much of the night.

And speaking of offensive lines, our local sports reporter here in Philly, Jamie Apody, was saying last night that it is downright scary to imagine Carson Wentz in that Eagles/TB game yesterday. Nick Foles was sacked 3 times and knocked down 9 other times. If that were Wentz with his knee issues can you imagine? Something has to be done. Jason Peters left and Vaitai replaced him ... and boom, boom, boom ... down went Foles over and over. Now on a couple of those, Foles held it too long trying to find a receiver ... but he went down 12 times!! He was not just standing there ... he was scrambling to get away but there was minimal protection. And it is wrong to lay all the blame on Vaitai. The whole line needs help.

Hopefully if the rumors are true and Wentz returns next week to play the Colts, Pederson will tighten up the offensive line. It was not pretty yesterday. To put Wentz out there in similar conditions would be malpractice ...  

As to Dak and the Cowboys it looks like that criticism resonated and spurred them on. Dak looked very sharp ... reminiscent of his rookie year. 

Saquon Barkley was very impressive. And the Giants actually did better last week against JAX than did Brady and the Patriots yesterday. But Eli needs more protection.

Honored Contributor

Is it too soon to say same old Jets?!

Honored Contributor

And Wentz is back! Apparently the Eagles had a nine month window for Carson's recovery and we're now in that window.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

Is it too soon to say same old Jets?!

@Jordan2

Misery loves company, may I join you and add same ole Redskins too...............