Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Two of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

Thanks, SPURT! The Colts seem to play better when they're underdogs. The fact that no one had them winning probably fired up the team. Fourth round pick Darius Leonard has been great in defense. The way he's playing he should have been in the first round. 

The Redskins had no answer for TY Hilton. Josh Norman tried to cover him, but had no back up help. There seemed to be a miscommunication on how to stop Hilton. 

The station is now showing the end of the Chiefs-Steelers game. This one is wild with the Steelers driving. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!!!  What a game between Vikings and Packers!!!.......

Poor Browns.... they almost did it..........

The Jets plane has a bad landing...and Darnold comes back to Earth............

Close game between Texans/Titans with Titans hanging on for the "w", and Watson making a mistake at the end.......

Well @gardenman dont feel too bad at least your team can put TDs on the scoreboard more than I can say about my team Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Thanks, SPURT! The Colts seem to play better when they're underdogs. The fact that no one had them winning probably fired up the team. Fourth round pick Darius Leonard has been great in defense. The way he's playing he should have been in the first round. 

The Redskins had no answer for TY Hilton. Josh Norman tried to cover him, but had no back up help. There seemed to be a miscommunication on how to stop Hilton. 

The station is now showing the end of the Chiefs-Steelers game. This one is wild with the Steelers driving. 

@teganslaw

Just an overall bad effort both sides of the ball.....Woman Sad

I dont know TEGAN somtimes I just SMH over Gruden's play calling on offense,..

Dunbar played awful this game....and there were missed defensive assignments--- no one around at all on that TD!!!!  No pressure on Luck.....

Gee I wonder who Snyder is going to hire as his Head Coach next year.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

a big THANK YOU to the SAINTS and the CHIEFS on your efforts today.

love,

a ravens fan Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Fitzgerald just played perfectly today. The Eagles woke up and played better in the second half, but it was too little too late. Jameis Winston will have to fight for his job in two weeks if Fitzgerald keeps playing like this.

The Jags are spanking the Patriots as I write this.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Frank Gore became fourth on the all time rushing list. WTG Gore! He's behind Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton and Berry Sanders, all three in the HOF. I've always liked Gore and am glad that he is continuing to do well. 

Vontae Davis decided to retire at halftime in the Bills game. He pulled himself out of the game, put on his street clothes and said that he was finished. Not a classy move at all. Davis was outspoken and stepped out of line with coments when he was with the Colts. Talented, but had some attitude problems. Still, this was a surprising move, and it makes big problems for the Bills.

Josh Gordon, anyone? He didn't play today and the Browns are releasing him Monday. They backed him during his rehab problems, but now they are moving on without him. Other teams have already shown interest, though I don't know which ones. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congrats to TB's QB Ryan Fitzpatrick on two amazing weeks! They said it is the first time in NFL history that a QB has thrown 4 TDS and more than 400 yards in each of his first two games!!! It was certainly too much for our Eagle defense to handle! They did not look as sharp as usual.

Foles looked good ... threw over 340 yards ... and that last TD pass to Agholor in the end zone was amazing. Vaitai, though, let too many hits on Foles. Clement did exceptionally well. 

DeSean Jackson looked fantastic too for TB. (Still wish he had not been let go by Chip Kelly!)

It was a good game ... congrats to TB!

And wow, Andrew Luck and the Colts surprised all the pundits! Congrats!

The Clay Matthews penalty against Kirk Cousins seemed wrong ... that made the difference in the game! 

And how about the KC Chiefs?! Wow! Andy Reid must be thrilled!

Atlanta looked good.

The Browns almost did it! Already heard some pundits speculating if they will play Baker Mayfield next week. If so that would be interesting having the #1 pick Mayfield going against #3 Sam Darnold Thursday night!

Go Jacksonville ... the score now is 21 to 3 over NE! Love it!

So tonight's game ... no matter who wins ... means 3 teams in the NFC East will be 1-1 and the other will be 0-2. The Eagles, Redskins, and either the Giants or Cowboys will be tied. 

Edited to add that 3 teams in the NFC East will be tied after tonight's game .... unless there is a tie tonight!!! Given that there have already been 2 ties this season, anything is possible!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It looks like the Browns will trade Josh Gordon. Reportedly one AFC team (Raiders? Patriots?) and two NFC teams (Cowboys?) are looking to trade for him. I can't imagine a team giving up much to get him (maybe a conditional late round pick?) but there's interest in him. The Eagles were interested a couple of years ago, but I doubt they're interested now. He's a heck of a player on the rare occasion he's on the field.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Happy Chiefs fan here, although I think we've got some work to do on our defense.

Oh the Vikings/Packers game -- and that poor rookie Vikings kicker who kept missing field goals. Wonder if he'll get cut...

Anyone notice how Fox doesn't show game scores in progress across the bottom of the screen this season? It's maddening -- I then have to look  away to find them elsewhere.  At least CBS still shows the scores ticker. Noticed that  on Fox Jimmy Johnson doesn't stay for the entire haltime show, and sometimes isn't there for the post-game show either. What, he's flying back to Florida in a hurry? I miss seeing him. However, as a loyal Chiefs fan I don't mind watching Tony Gonzalez in his place!

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs

on my fox channel there is a ticker with scores and stats.

maybe you have to adjust your tv screen settings?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein