Honored Contributor

Re: Week Twelve of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

The Steelers' win last night propelled the Eagles up to the sixth overall pick in the draft. (The Saints pick that they gave us last year.) If the Rams get a win or two, the Panthers, Bears, and Broncos find a win or two and the Eagles could be in the top two or three in the draft if the Saints continue to lose.

That AFC South crown could still be up for grabs. The Titans have a three-game lead with six to play, but the six they play are pretty tough. They get the Eagles this week. Then the Jaguars, who are playing pretty well now. Then the Chargers, Texans, Cowboys, and Jaguars again. The only "sure" win is the Texans game.

If the Titans lose to the Eagles, then the Jags win this coming week against the Lions, and knock the Titans off the next week, the Jags would be just one game back with three to go and their finale against the Titans. It's not too hard to see that finale being for the AFC South crown.

The Colts have a murderous stretch of their schedule coming up with games against the Cowboys, Vikings, Chargers, and Giants before ending with the Texans. I don't see a lot of wins there. A final record of 5-11-1 might be about the best you could expect.

It's going to be a chaotic off-season for the Colts. They need to figure out their coaching staff, who the QB will be, and pretty much start over. They can lose their way into the top three to seven of the draft though, so there's that.

They won't be alone in making changes though. Lots of teams swung and missed this past offseason. The Broncos, Texans, Raiders, and Saints could all make head coaching changes. The Panthers have already dumped their head coach. Many more will follow.

A team that won the offseason lottery would be the Giants. They came into the season looking like a bottom-five team but are in the playoff hunt. Their problem now is going to be finding the talent they need to grow. They won't be drafting at the top of the draft any longer. They have to figure out what to do with Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley. Neither guy is under contract for next season. Both will cost a lot to resign. They still have a lower-tier level of talent, but really good coaching. 

The playoff races are heating up a bit. The Bengals/Ravens are in a dogfight. The whole AFC East is tight. As is the NFC East. The Titans could easily end up 8-9 and either just miss or just eke into the playoffs. The Chiefs have a stranglehold on the AFC West. The Chargers are staying in the hunt though. The Vikings can pretty much go on cruise control. They've won the NFC North barring a total collapse. The Niners and Seahawks are fighting it out in the west. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Gardenman, how did the Eagles acquire all those draft picks from the Saints? Didn't Gardner-Johnson come from NO and was part of the trade? 

I don't expect the Colts to be in the playoffs this year. Some fans are still expecting them to have  a chance, but I think that ship has sailed. After a terrible start, I'm glad that they came to life in the second half. It's embarrassing to fall flat on MNF, so at least the Colts made it a game. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

The Saints wanted the Eagles' 16th and 19th picks and our sixth (194th) last year and gave us back their 18th and third round (101st overall,) a seventh (237th overall) and the 2023 first (now looking to be a top five or so pick) and their 2024 second-round pick. We also had the 15th pick due to the trade to move back from six to twelve with the Dolphins in 2021. We went from having three first-round picks (15th, 16th, 19th) to two (15th and 18th) in 2022. We moved up from 15 to get Jordan Davis then traded 18 to the Titans for AJ Brown.

We got Chauncey Gardner-Davis for our fifth and the worse of our two sixth-round picks in 2023, and the Saints threw in a seventh in 2025. 

Howie Roseman somehow took our sixth overall pick in 2021, shuffled things around, and got Devonte Smith, Jordan Davis, AJ Brown, the Saints' first-round pick in 2023, the Saints' second-round pick in 2024, and more. Howie has largely bamboozled the league over the last two years. It's impressive the moves he's made. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Could we please talk about the fantastic win Sunday for the Browns vs Tom Brady and the Bucs? No one gave them a chance in heck, but I had a feeling....

Also, this is the first time Tom Brady lost a game in OT. It was absolutely exciting to watch, my heart was pounding the whole fifth quarter!

Congrats to my Brownies!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Ladybug, that was a good win. I've always liked Jacoby Brissett, and it was nice to see him do well. His time might be up with DeShaun Watson returning, though. 

It will be interesting to see how well Watson plays. The Browns face the Texans next, so he shouldn't have too much trouble.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

the dolphins/chargers game for sunday has been flexed to SNF. it was originally supposed to be chiefs/broncos.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein