Honored Contributor

Week Twelve of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We start out the week with not one, not two, but three, yes three games on Thursday! Whoo-hoo!

Our first game features the hapless Lions against the pathetic Bears. Okay, so it's not the greatest appetizer we've ever seen. Still, it's football. Of a sort. The Bears are dusting off Andy Dalton to start for them while the Lions still have Jared Goff (maybe.) Bears head coach Matt Nagy may be getting fired after the game if you can believe the weird rumors circulating. Who will win? I'm going for the upset here and picking the Lions. They have to win some time and what better chance will they have than against the Bears? Lions for the win!

Game two features the Raiders heading to Dallas to plunder the city. The Cowboys did not look good against the Chiefs and have lost two of their last three. Oddly, both losses came against AFC West teams (Broncos and Chiefs.) In comes another AFC West team in the Raiders. The Cowboys rolled over the Falcons in between those losses but rolling over the Falcons isn't all that hard. The Raiders shouldn't roll over and play dead. I'm giving a slight edge to the Cowboys here despite their recent record against AFC West teams, but the upset wouldn't shock me in the least.

For game three on Thursday, we have the Bills taking on the Saints. The Saints are hurting a bit in terms of pride after the Eagles ran all over them. They came into last week's game with the best run defense in the league and then got run over. The film showing the Eagles pass blockers knocking their defenders around like they were rag dolls will have them a tick fired up. I'm going with the Saints for the win this week.

On to the Sunday schedule.

Tampa Bay goes to Indy to take on the Colts in a game that's a good measuring stick for the Colts. They rolled over the Bills last week in one such game. A win on Sunday over the Bucs would cement their status as a legitimate Super Bowl contender. That Bucs defense has a few holes in it and if they try to shore up the run defense to stop Jonathan Taylor, they'll leave holes Wentz can exploit in the passing game. I'm taking the Colts here. 

The Jets and Texans engage in a battle to see who gets to draft second behind the Lions in the 2022 NFL draft. I guess I'll take the Texans in this one.

The Eagles hit the road to take on the Giants. This is a game Giants fans have circled on their calendars since the final game of last year where the Eagles refused to beat the WFT and let the Giants win the division. It got circled again when the Eagles hopped ahead of the Giants to steal DeVonta Smith. The Giants fans aren't especially happy with the Eagles these days. Will it matter? Probably not. The Giants are weak where the Eagles are strong and that's not good for the Giants. I'll take the Eagles in this one.

Carolina goes to Miami. Anyone got a coin? I have no idea who'll win. I guess I'll take Carolina.

Tennessee goes to New England. The Patriots are hot and on a five-game winning streak. The Titans just lost to Houston. (How do you lose to Houston?) I'll take the Patriots in this one.

The Steelers and Bengals fight each other (literally, these games always devolve into on-field chaos) in a big matchup. Not a fun game to be the officials in. I'll take the Bengals in this one.

Atlanta goes to Jacksonville. Neither team is very good right now. I guess I'll take the Jags.

The Chargers take on the Broncos. That home-field advantage in Denver can be big. I'll give the slight edge to the Broncos.

The Rams and Packers meet in a game that could help decide playoff seeding. The Rams have traded away nearly every draft pick this century to fill out a roster and lost the last two games in a row. Going to Green Bay to break a losing streak is never a good idea. I'll take the Packers in this one.

The Vikings take on the Niners. Eh, someone should win. I guess I'll take the Niners since they're at home.

Cleveland goes to Baltimore. The Browns need the win more, but the Ravens are the better team playing at home. It should be a good game. I'll give the slightest edge to the Ravens.

And we end week twelve with an epic showdown between the Seahawks and the WFT. Hmmm....maybe not the best showcase game for ESPN. I guess I'll take the WFT since they're playing at home. At some point, Russell Wilson will remember he's Russell Wilson and that he has DK Metcalf as a receiver. When they're on, those two are unstoppable. This could be the week they remember how to play the game. I'll still give the slightest edge to the WFT though.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Twelve of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

The first game on Thanksgiving could be called the "Turkey Bowl."  I wonder about Nagy being fired if Chicago wins. No mention if Dan Campbell's job is in jeopardy. 

The Bucs will focus on Jonathan Taylor, which leaves Nyheim Hines open. Then there is Michael Pittman, and Wentz himself could find an opening and take off rushing at times. He's done it in past games. The Colts need to keep Brady uncomfortable so he can't get in any type of rhythm. 

We'll probably have baked chicken tomorrow. Will be spending the day at home. My husband will doing computer stuff and I'll be watching football. I never could get my husband interested in football; he doesn't care about any sports.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Valued Contributor

@gardenman ...  Happy Thanksgiving to you !!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw @sunshine45 @AuntG and ALL NFL FANS---

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! 

thanksgiving-football.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Thank you @Spurt . This was a hard week to decide which teams to pick. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Thankful for family, friends, good health, and NFL Football!!! 🏈🏈🏈

Week 12----

BEARS vs LIONS--- @teganslaw   Your right, this is THE TURKEY BOWL--😄 I'll go with DA BEARS and ex-Cowboy QB, Andy Dalton.

COWBOYS vs RAIDERS---Both teams hit a snag---For the Cowboys Dak looks out of sync Zeke is bang up, and one of their WR's is in concussion protocol, and one is on the COVID list, and Dallas's D is getting exposed by opponents....But the Raiders seem to be in a bigger mess....So unfortunately I think the COWBOYS will win! 😣

BILLS vs SAINTS--- WOW! What happened to the Bills! And the Saints were easily handled by the Eagles....The Bills are the more talented team and its a must win for their playoff seeding as they are losing ground....BILLS with the "W"

BUCS vs COLTS---The Colts put on a clinic and destroyed the Bills.  The Bucs beat the LOWLY Giants and stopped the losing streak, but again it was the Giants. (It was so bad they fired their OC)  It looks like the Colts  are stepping up their performance at just the right time---and hey look at that Jonathan Taylor---COLTS with the VICTORY! 

JETS vs TEXANS---Gee a couple of 2-8 teams...😴ZZZZ.  BUT the Texans came to life and SHOCKED the Titans.....I'm taking the TEXANS in this game!

EAGLES vs GIANTS---WOW! The Eagles have been playing really well lately and are on a roll!!! Meanwhile the Giants look pathetic.....They got rid of one coach, is their head coach next to go???? The EAGLES will SOAR!!! And they are creeping up on those Cowboys! 😁

PANTHERS vs DOLPHINS---The Panthers are playing better with Cam at the helm.  The Dolphins are a curious team....One week they surprise, and play poorly the next week....and it looks like they want to dump Tua in favor of trying to make a deal to land Watson...curious.  I'm taking CAM and the PANTHERS for the WIN!

TITANS vs PATRIOTS---Bill Belichick found his QB in Marc Jones....meanwhile the Titans are struggling without Derrick Henry......I'm going with the PATRIOTS at home! 

STEELERS vs BENGALS---The Steelers are loaded--loaded with injuries that is, particularly on defense, and Ben is showing his age.....I'm taking the BENGALS and their young QB ......

FALCONS vs JAGUARS---Well it looks like Matty Ice is melting as the Falcons look AWFUL!!! But the Jags aren't much better and are struggling to put points on the board. Women's intuition says to go with the JAGUARS!

CHARGERS vs BRONCOS---This should be a pretty good game. But Im going with young Herbert to lead his CHARGERS to a victory!

RAMS vs PACKERS---With all the talent they have the Rams certainly havent played up to expectations, their rivals the 49ers skunked em.....The Rams are still trying to acclimate Von Miller and OBJ into their game plan....Meanwhile Aaron Rodgers has a toe injury hes coping with....no frozen tundra at Lambeau this weekend, instead it will be a crisp 36 degrees for the California boys to deal with  on Sunday.... Im taking the RAMS to get their act together and get a WIN!

VIKINGS vs 49ers---Well Capt Kirk and crew FINALLY won a big game beating Aaron Rodgers and the Packers!  The 49ers did beat a talented Rams team but I think the VIKINGS will be motivated by last week's win and get another one under their belts! 

BROWNS vs RAVENS----Baker isnt 100% and wasnt happy about the criticism he got from fans as he plays despite his injuries, Chubb is their key piece for a win....The RAVENS trotted out their backup QB, who played pretty well as Lamar dealt with a non-Covid illness, but he was back at  practice and looks like he will play........Im going with THE BROWNS! 

And to close out week 12---

SEAHAWKS vs WFT ----The Seahawks continue to struggle both defensively and offensively even though they got Russell Wilson back. The WFT despite all their injuries they are seeming to come together. Taylor Heinicke, Scary Terry, and Gibson lead the way on offense, with a good showing by Humphries too, on defense they still have Allen and Payne... And it seems Rivera FINALLY found a DECENT PK too....Im taking my WFT (dont let me down guys--GO WASHINGTON!)....

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Thank you @Spurt . This was a hard week to decide which teams to pick. 

@AuntG 

With all the crazy surprises and upsets you are so right---its getting harder and harder to make predictions! 

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The first game on Thanksgiving could be called the "Turkey Bowl."  I wonder about Nagy being fired if Chicago wins. No mention if Dan Campbell's job is in jeopardy. 

The Bucs will focus on Jonathan Taylor, which leaves Nyheim Hines open. Then there is Michael Pittman, and Wentz himself could find an opening and take off rushing at times. He's done it in past games. The Colts need to keep Brady uncomfortable so he can't get in any type of rhythm. 

We'll probably have baked chicken tomorrow. Will be spending the day at home. My husband will doing computer stuff and I'll be watching football. I never could get my husband interested in football; he doesn't care about any sports.

@teganslaw 

GOOD LUCK TO YOUR COLTS! What a performance by Jonathon Taylor last week!

Baked chicken sounds good....I eat a lot of turkey already since our grocery store offers a delicious roasted turkey....so I feel I eat Thanksgiving enough already..LOL....My sister is hosting and making a concoction known as Turkey Stew....she made a delicious pumpkin pie...and we'll have stuffing too....My younger brother is joining us he loves football and he's a Rams fan, friends that will be joining us ARE into football fortunately....my older brother lives in the Northeast, he is like your husband he's not into spectator sports, but he is into fly fishing!!! 

Honored Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I only have turkey once a year. Some silly nonsense about not wanting to fight Callie over the turkey more than once a year. Today's meal will be the turkey, Parkerhouse rolls, twice-baked potatoes, and corn on the cob. That's my standard Thanksgiving meal that I've had nearly every year for the last forty or so Thanksgivings. (It's getting close to the last fifty years now. I'm getting old!)  I skipped it last year and missed it, so I'm back at it this year. I'm about an hour away from getting the turkey in the oven as I type this. I'm aiming for a 12:30 meal so I can be ready for the early game.

I started cooking Thanksgiving dinner back when I was in my teens. My mom had decided she'd done it enough and was eating out for Thanksgiving from then on, and we had a turkey already and I'm not a big fan of eating out, so I started cooking every Thanksgiving. Even though everyone else ate out, they picked away at my food before and afterward, so I always had to make sure to cook extra. 

Callie will be stalking me all morning as the turkey cooks then sitting by my side as I eat with her paw reaching out to remind me she wants a bit more turkey. I've got an almost eleven-pound bird and she'll eat more of it than I will. I'll eat what I want of it today, strip the carcass between games (tomorrow's trash day here so the carcass can be gone tomorrow) grind up what I don't want for the cats, and we'll all live happily ever after. It should be a good day.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I only have turkey once a year. Some silly nonsense about not wanting to fight Callie over the turkey more than once a year. Today's meal will be the turkey, Parkerhouse rolls, twice-baked potatoes, and corn on the cob. That's my standard Thanksgiving meal that I've had nearly every year for the last forty or so Thanksgivings. (It's getting close to the last fifty years now. I'm getting old!)  I skipped it last year and missed it, so I'm back at it this year. I'm about an hour away from getting the turkey in the oven as I type this. I'm aiming for a 12:30 meal so I can be ready for the early game.

I started cooking Thanksgiving dinner back when I was in my teens. My mom had decided she'd done it enough and was eating out for Thanksgiving from then on, and we had a turkey already and I'm not a big fan of eating out, so I started cooking every Thanksgiving. Even though everyone else ate out, they picked away at my food before and afterward, so I always had to make sure to cook extra. 

Callie will be stalking me all morning as the turkey cooks then sitting by my side as I eat with her paw reaching out to remind me she wants a bit more turkey. I've got an almost eleven-pound bird and she'll eat more of it than I will. I'll eat what I want of it today, strip the carcass between games (tomorrow's trash day here so the carcass can be gone tomorrow) grind up what I don't want for the cats, and we'll all live happily ever after. It should be a good day.

@gardenman 

Yummm your meal sounds good, wow, so you started cooking as a young chef-imprerssive .....

That's so funny how your cat, Callie loves the turkey......  I USED to have cats that would stand by the oven and cry if they smelled either turkey or ham...I also had a cat that LOVED potato chips---LOL!!! My two cats I have now just dont like people food with the exception of bacon and they go crazy....but I dont have it often....so its a real treat for them...and me...😁

We usually go out for Thanksgiving but our favorite "mom and pop" restaurant was sold, even though the new owners said they kept the original recipes we just didnt quite trust them for a dinner thats important as Thanksgiving....well take a chance some other time...