Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Twelve of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

The Ravens-Steelers are still on for Sunday. RG111 wil start for the Ravens, and others who tested positive won't play. 

This doesn't look good for Baltimore. The two teams don't like each other anyway, and I read that several Pittsburgh players are upset because they had to postpone their Thanksgiving game. It sounds like they will take out their frustration on the Ravens. Watch the penalties fly. 

The game is at 1:15 Sunday on NBC. The Colts' game is at 1:00 on CBS. Not happy with that schedule as I wanted to watch the Ravens and Steelers. The Colts come first, so I'll go to Game Pass to see the other.  

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

It wouldn't surprise me if WFT gets a win over the Steelers.  Afterall, the Cowboys

came close to handing them their first loss. Steelers may go into the game

with a "sure win" attitude and find themselves defeated.

Not that I would be rooting for the No Names.....but it could happen.  Smiley Happy

@teganslaw  Yeah, I read also about some Steeler players being upset

about the Thanksgiving game being postponed.

A lot of angry comments were directed at those players.

Esteemed Contributor

DT DeForest Buckner has tested positive for Covid and won't play Sunday. That's a huge loss, as the Colts will try to stop Derrick Henry. Buckner's presence has disrupted opponents, and made openings for others in the defense to make plays. I don't know who will replace Buckner.  

Mark Twain
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

In a shocking twist, the Eagles have made a smart personnel move by starting Jordan Mailata at left tackle instead of Jason Peters. Peters is moving to right guard instead of the bench, but he could be pretty effective there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Ravens-Steelers game was moved to Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. NBC. The Ravens-Cowboys game, originally scheduled Thursday, was moved to Monday Dec. 7 at 5:00 FOX.  So no Thursday night game this week.

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw @yellowrose @soonersis 

HELLO EVERYONE!  HOW 'BOUT THAT WFT!!!! Washington had not swept the Cowboys since 2012!!! 

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

Overall the WFT's best executed game of the season, except for Alex's interception and a couple of dumb penalties...Can't say enough about Gibson, what a good draft pick!!!!.....Why even K Hopkins made his FGs and extra points!!!  The team still needs help in the secondary.....the Cowboys picked on poor Darby.... an area that needs help as the team rebuilds ...And the defense was aggressive, and I did note they played Kerrigan a bit more.... Young, Sweat, and Settles made some great plays...and Ive been hearing good things about Curl, Collin's replacement..... 

I couldn't believe that Cowboy's fake punt ---🤣🤣🤣- the WFT defense didnt fall for it!  I noticed McCarthy tried to get back to basics and use Zeke more...but Zack Martin's and other injuries to their line impacted their offense..... 

And Rivera said with Co-Vid and his cancer treatments he hasn't even really put his mark on the team yet....So the WFT future looks promising--and a couple more decent drafts, FA signings...and perhaps actually becoming relevant!!! Woman Very Happy

QB is still a question mark...we will have to see what Smith decides .... but hes not a long term solution at age 36... and I think they will move on from Haskins...hes not Riveras guy...JMHO

I suspect the Steelers will get a win next week and I dont know what will happen the rest of the remaining season, but at least I saw something real promising for my WFT....not so sure the rest of the NFC East teams although the Giants seem to be moving forward and are improving too...if their coaches work together instead of Judge ripping the staff apart....Garrett is smart to stay silent on the matter...

@teganslaw 

I hope scary Terry's performance was satisfactory for your fantasy team....  Loved the way he pursued the Cowboy's Jaylon Smith after the intercepation---he has that WARP SPEED!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Well, the good news on the Eagles o-line (Peters being moved to guard) just got wiped out by the news that Lane Johnson, our starting right tackle is now gone for the year with his ankle injury. That complicates life a bit.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I got first place in my league on Thanksgiving, thanks to scary Terry , Antonio Gibson and the WFT defense. Woman Very Happy

Deshaun Watson and Will Fuller helped, also. 

Besides Buckner, DE Autry and LB Okereke are out Sunday. Ryan Kelly is questionable, but might play. Rivers didn't practice, but will be ready to go. 

The Titans also have some major players out. The problem will be stopping Derrick Henry, so will see how that goes. 

Bruce Arians has been critical of Tom Brady lately. One thing might be the Buc's system, which relies on vertical passing and deep throws. Brady is the one mostly calling the plays, though, so he is being held accountable. 

One article has some harsh words about the Packers. The writer says that they are pretenders because they have issues with contending teams. Their defense is problematic, and they can't seem to hold leads well. The Colts game is an indication of the problems the Packers face going into the final part of the season. I'm not sure I'd call them pretenders, but they need to fix some things. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm late with my picks....with Thanksgiving, then tweaking my inside Christmas decorations (which have been up since the first week of November.--but I needed to add a bit more)..and then putting up my outside decor ...and sweating while doing it ---the weather was warm and muggy 78 above normal temperatures....So glad to hear cooler temps are on their way...even a freeze next week...cant wait! Trouble with lighting and getting the outside decor up---FINALLY DONE!!! WHEW ---Time to relax and make some picks!-----

Dolphins vs Jets---no contest--DOLPHINS with a win, no matter who is at QB!!!.....and Jets "win" by losing and staying the front runner in the Trevor Lawrence Sweepstakes  ........

Cardinals vs Patriots--- That Patriots loss took them out of the playoff hunt, maybe Cam's not answer at QB.......The CARDINALS  are just the better team and will add another WIN! Looks like the only thing that would haved helped the Pats is weather which wont be a factor....

Panthers vs Vikings---Two teams going in opposite directions....the Vikings gave the hapless Cowboys another win, and the Panthers easily put away the Lions in the battle of the felines.....Im going with the Panther's mascot, Sir Purr and the PANTHERS for the victory! 

Browns vs Jaguars--- Will a trip to Jacksonville distract Mayfield ....will he worry about who is taking care of his stadium while he's gone...the Browns have won two in a row and are going for a third win as they try to stay in that Wildcard Playoff spot....Meanwhile the Jags are in the hunt for a top Draft spot---No contest going with THE BROWNS (BTW no one seems to be missing Odell).....

Titans vs Colts---  This should be a good game, with definite playoff implications----- This game can go either way--let's see--a coin toss to decide the victor---I guess I'll go with the COLTS at home! 

Giants vs Bengals--- Before Burrows injury would've have been a battle of young QBS--Daniel Dimes vs #1 draft pick, Burrows, but with Burrows out, and the Giants smelling blood for the NFC East top spot, going with the GIANTS for the win! 

Chargers vs Bills--- West coast team traveling east, not good for the Chargers ...plus the Bills want to stay atop their Division after that heartbreaking loss to the Cardinals with that hail Mary pass....and the Bills are also coming off their bye week---BILLS all the way for the win!

Raiders vs Falcons--- The Raiders were THAT CLOSE to sweeping Mahomes and Chiefs so ya know Gruden has them playing well.....The Falcons got spanked by the Saints with their backup QB----Taking the RAIDERS for the "W"....

Niners vs Rams--- The Niners are just too beat up, they beat the Rams in week 6 but have done little since that time.....The Rams are on a roll with two solid wins against two good teams, Bucs & Seahawks.....RAMS all the way! 

Saints vs Broncos--- Saints journey to the Mile High city with their backup QB leading the way....but that backup QB didnt slow them down last week..... The Broncos beat the Dolphins and 3 other weak teams, but the Saints will be too much---the SAINTS will definitely march on with the victory! One wonders if this will be Brees last season and if he will retire .....

Chiefs vs Bucs---- Can anyone stop Mahomes and the Chiefs---still the best team in the NFL, with any time on the clock at all they can quickly score!...Not even Tom Brady can beat them......CHIEFS all the way!

Bears vs Packers---  Perhaps this will be Trubisky's audition for another team next season......On the other side there's Aaron Rodgers!!!  No contest-PACKERS! 

Seattle vs Eagles---  Battle of the birds.....The Seahawks need a win to keep pace for the Division lead in the NFC West....The Eagles seem to be struggling as they lost their last 2 games...injuries have taken their toll, and fans have become disillusioned with Wentz as their QB.... Im going with Russell Wilson, and the Seahawks D has been playing better as of late too....SEAHAWKS with a WIN!

Rescheduled for Tuesday--- Ravens vs Steelers--- Ravens Co-Vid cases caused a delay for this game...And will Lamar be able to play????? If not, RGIII takes over at QB.....The Steelers are undefeated--- @sunshine45 will be happy to know I'm taking the undefeated STEELERS in this one! 

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't see a truly dominant NFC team this year. You can pretty much pencil in the Steelers/Chiefs as the AFC Championship game but on the NFC side, anyone could get hot and win. Every team has flaws and shortcomings. The Steelers/Chiefs may meet in the playoffs before the official AFC Championship game, but whenever they meet it will likely be for the AFC championship. On the NFC side, it's a giant tossup. Whoever is healthy and gets hot will likely win. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!