Honored Contributor

Re: Week Twelve of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

well, the QVC SPORTS ANALYSTS jinx was OFF this week because we won!!!!! LOL

we actually had a pretty decent game and win #2 for lamar jackson. flacco should be ready to work out this week so do they play the veteran in the away game OR the rookie who has won twice in a row now, but in ravens stadium?

it was overall a good game to watch and we looked like a TEAM. closely watching the broncos/steelers game.

the browns helped us out a little bit by beating the bengals. that was a bit of a surprise.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Final score Colts 27-Dolphins 24. Won on a last minute Vinatieri field goal. It was not an easy win; Luck had three interceptions, was sacked once; and the team had many penalties. Miami didn't take advantage of the Colts' miscues, which was a reason the score stayed so close. Miami also had trouble stopping the run and left areas wide open. 

Luck has thrown for 3 or more touchdowns in eight straight games! He's tied with Peyton Manning for that record. Brady holds #1 with ten games. 

Marlon Mack is in concussion protocol, left in the fourth quarter. Have to see how that turns out. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

CONGRATS on the RAVENS WIN!

WOW-Browns beat the Bengals, and the Broncos came through with a win over the Steelers .......and no QVC pick em jinx 

You must be on Santa's NICE list.........

Related image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

CONGRATS @teganslaw what a game, what a WIN!!! 

download (5).jpg

They broke into our Steeler/Bronco game with the Dolphins/Colts highlights!!!........

Hey the Redskins, Colts, Ravens, all have the same record....!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurti sure do hope i am on santas nice list! Smiley Wink

sorry about the redskins loss......believe me, my brother was NOT happy about that game on thanksgiving.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

A whole lot of teams have the same or similar records this year. I believe there are now eighteen teams with records between 4-7 and 6-5, most of whom have a viable chance to reach the playoffs in some manner. Just two teams have really separated themselves this year in the Rams and Saints who each have a four game lead with just five to play. Pretty much every other team in the league is in a dogfight with other teams just a game or two behind (three behind the Patriots) trying to unseat them.

In the AFC you've got the Chiefs/Chargers, Colts/Texans, and Steelers/Ravens going at it hot and heavy with just a game separating them with more divisional games coming up.

If the Steelers/Ravens get bogged down the Browns (yes, the Browns) could sneak into the picture. If they win out, they'd have a decent shot at the AFC Central title. The Steelers have games against the Chargers, Patriots and Saints. They could lose all three of those and drop. The Ravens have the Falcons, Chiefs, Bucs, Chargers, and Browns. It's not hard to find a few lossses in there. The Browns schedule isn't easy, but they could just sneak into the playoff hunt. That whole AFC picture (other than the AFC East) is a bit messy.

On the NFC side, everyone is still technically alive in the NFC East. The Giants are near death, but not dead. If things play out as expected and the Cowboys lose on Thursday to the Saints and the Eagles beat the Redskins next Monday night, there would be a three way tie atop the NFC East. God only knows who would emerge from that. The Cowboys are playing the best lately, but going against the Saints will test them. The Eagles and Redskins are pretty beat up right now.

The Bears have built a two game cushion with games against the Giants (likely a win) Rams (likely a loss) Packers (who knows?) Niners (likely a win) and Vikings (who knows?) coming up. I suspect the Bears will hang on to win the North.

I think it's safe to say the Patriots, Rams and Saints will be in the playoffs and likely go pretty far in the playoffs. Who else will emerge? The Chiefs and Chargers will likely get in with one being the division winner and one the wildcard. It looks like the Colts or Texans will win the South. I've no clue about the AFC North just yet. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincy, or Cleveland could steal that. (I think the Bengals are in trouble though.) That last wildcard slot in the AFC will be a serious fight. That tied game of the Steelers may either come back to haunt them, or help them if they don't win the division.

These last five weeks are going to be a bit crazy. The Rams and Saints can pretty much take their foot off the gas for a bit. One more win and they're in. I suspect the Rams will really want to lock up home field advantage, not because they have one, just to stay out of the Superdome where the Saints have a big home field advantage. The Patriots can probably throttle back a bit and still win the East, but the odds of them having home field through the playoffs is a bit iffy. The Chiefs will really want that home field advantage and have it now.

It'll be interesting to see what the Ravens do at QB. The kid's won them two games in a row and the players seem to have rallied around him. Do they bench him for Flacco now? Lamar Jackson is a unique talent while Flacco is more of a known quantity. 

What teams will be most dangerous in the playoffs? The Chiefs will be tough to beat, especially if they have homefield advantage throughout, but they need to win a playoff game first to get some confidence. A wild card team coming in hot (the Colts?) will likely scare a few teams. A veteran team that's been there and done that (the Patriots, maybe the Eagles if they get healthier) could be scary also. I'm not sure I'd be too scared of the Chargers. A team like the Ravens behind a kid like Lamar Jackson who's uniquly talented could be scary. You never know when he'll make an off book play for a huge gain. It's going to be a fun run to the playoffs and a pretty entertaining playoff season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Well all I can say about the Eagles' 3 point win over the Giants is  ... whew!

A win is a win is a win .... but hey let's be real here. If the Giants had used Saquon in the second half as much as they did in the first half, then, imo, the outcome would not have been good for us. Not sure what Shurmur was thinking but it kept us in the running ....

Congrats to @sunshine45, @teganslaw, and all others who had wins yesterday! Thks to @Spurt for your adorable kitty congrats post!! Love those!! 

Honored Contributor

I kind of think Shurmur was thinking of all the draft spots the Giants would lose if they played Saquon or threw to OBJ later in the game. Another win and they'd have likely dropped out of the top ten in the draft. As it stands now, they're around fifth in the draft order which isn't horrible. One or two more wins and they could be drafting fifteenth. Moving up from five isn't terribly expensive. Moving up from fifteen? Lots more expensive. If he thinks he'll be back next year (I'm not sure he will) then staying as high up in the draft as possible is best for the organization. They know they won't make the playoffs, or even if they did they wouldn't hang around long, so lose and move up in the draft.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I kind of think Shurmur was thinking of all the draft spots the Giants would lose if they played Saquon or threw to OBJ later in the game. Another win and they'd have likely dropped out of the top ten in the draft. As it stands now, they're around fifth in the draft order which isn't horrible. One or two more wins and they could be drafting fifteenth. Moving up from five isn't terribly expensive. Moving up from fifteen? Lots more expensive. If he thinks he'll be back next year (I'm not sure he will) then staying as high up in the draft as possible is best for the organization. They know they won't make the playoffs, or even if they did they wouldn't hang around long, so lose and move up in the draft.

@gardenman

I agree. And weren't we Eagle fans so lucky that Shurmur had that epiphany during halftime??!! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman

I agree. And weren't we Eagle fans so lucky that Shurmur had that epiphany during halftime??!! Woman Happy

An epiphany, a call down from upstairs where the GM was pulling his hair out, call it what you want, but it worked out well for us. I'll take the win however we get it. Now, how do we get the Redskins to giftwrap us one next Monday?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!