Honored Contributor

Re: Week Twelve of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

It's gameday!!!! My early game is the Eagles/Giants which should be interesting. It looks like we'll be without our top five cornerbacks, which is awkward since we only left camp with five cornerbacks. That means that our three starting corners will be guys who weren't even on the roster in week seven. That Eagles defense is really going to depend on those front four guys getting a good pass rush on Eli Manning today and forcing him to throw the ball when and where he doesn't want to. Good corners are hard to find and the fill-ins are likely not that good. Granted this gives them a chance to make a name for themselves. Most likely the Eagles will need to score early and often to win this game, which is not our strong suit currently. Scoring at all has become challenging, at best, and our offensive coordinator seems a bit overwhelmed and outmatched. We'll have to see what happens, but I'm not wildly optimistic about this game. We desperately need a win, but the odds are somewhat stacked against us.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

My early games: 

Seahawks @ Panthers FOX

Browns @ Bengals CBS

4:30 is Dolphins @ Colts CBS.

I'll probably watch the Browns and Bengals because I like Baker Mayfield. The Colts are favored in this game, but I doubt that they'll take the Dolphins lightly. If they want to make the playoffs as a wildcard, the Colts have to win and count on other team losses. It won't be easy. 

The Eagles are going to have to stop Barkley. I think he's more of a threat than OBJ. Maybe Manning will have a bad game and make mistakes. He can be either hot or cold. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

All I know is, Redskins are toast.  Smith was a has-been and this is a career-ending injury.  McCoy is always a darling until he's not (which is generally after about one game).

Once again, Snyder strikes.  Gruden is not effective.

I've been a 'Skins fan since the '70s and it's been about that long since they've been good.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

All I know is, Redskins are toast.  Smith was a has-been and this is a career-ending injury.  McCoy is always a darling until he's not (which is generally after about one game).

Once again, Snyder strikes.  Gruden is not effective.

I've been a 'Skins fan since the '70s and it's been about that long since they've been good.

The Alex Smith injury was really bad for the Redskins as they gave him a fully guaranteed for injury $71 million deal. They say it'll be about ten months before he's able to play again, if he's able to play again, so they'll need a new starter for at least part of next season. The good news for Smith is he gets the full $71 million. If Colt McCoy isn't the guy, they'll have to find a quarterback someplace. Nate Sudfeld (former Redskin backup current Eagles backup) is a free agent after this season, so they may reach back out to him and sign him again. I don't think he'll come cheap however. They're in a tough spot at QB. The draftable options don't look great this year with lots of competition for a guy. The free agent class isn't especially deep or good. 2019 Might be a "make do and hope for the best" kind of year for the Redskins at QB.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

My early games: 

@Seahawks @ Panthers FOX

@Browns @ Bengals CBS

@4:30 is Dolphins @ Colts CBS.

I'll probably watch the Browns and Bengals because I like Baker Mayfield. The Colts are favored in this game, but I doubt that they'll take the Dolphins lightly. If they want to make the playoffs as a wildcard, the Colts have to win and count on other team losses. It won't be easy. 

The Eagles are going to have to stop Barkley. I think he's more of a threat than OBJ. Maybe Manning will have a bad game and make mistakes. He can be either hot or cold. 

Barkley is largely a boom or bust running back. He'll have ten carries for a total of thirteen yards, then break off a fifty yard run upping his average. If you can avoid the big run (somehow) he's less of a problem. Getting ahead early and forcing the Giants to throw the ball to catch up would be ideal. Saquon Barkley can do some amazing things, but generally, you can keep him contained until he breaks a big run on you. If the defenders stay in their gaps, fill their lanes, Barkley isn't as much of a problem. Have a guy jump out of his gap however and Barkley can be gone.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Make do and hope.  What the 'Skins do best.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The standings now show that the playoffs would go through NO. The Saints would be #1 because they beat the Rams. Drew Brees didn't have a great game, but with all his weapons, no one can tell.

Anyone think Chicago could stop NO? I'm not sure and wouldn't bet on it. 

Washington's defense looked good, but those interceptions hurt. Analysts are praising the Cowboy's acquisiton of Amari Cooper. He had a monster game yesterday, and seems to be a better player with Dallas than Oakland. Trey Quinn had some nice dance moves. SPURT, where did Quinn come from-was he originally on the practice squad? 

This is a must win game for the Colts. Both they and Miami are in the hunt for a wildcard spot. I think it would be interesting if Tennessee manages to beat Houston. That will mix things up.

@teganslaw

Trey Quinn is from SMU...He was Mr. Irrelevant in the 2018 draft...he made the roster but played mostly special teams and became relevant because of WR injuries, ....and he has played well........

My brother, the Rams fan, joined us for Thanksgiving dinner, along with his girlfriend ....they stayed to watch the game with all of us, and my brother mentioned he had Quinn on his fantasy team!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

My games:

Early--

Patriots vs Jets Woman Frustrated there has to be a better AFC matchup

Giants vs Eagles--Giants are starting to come to life, but ruining their draft position............

Late Afternoon--

Steelers vs Broncos

SNF-

Packers vs Vikings

MNF-

Titans vs Texans

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Reuben Foster, the Niners' young potential star linebacker, has now managed to pretty much end his career already with another domestic abuse charge. The Niners are cutting him loose and there likely won't be a crowd waiting to get the kid.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw @Sweetbay magnolia @gardenman

Here's my 2 Cents on the Redskins/Cowboys game---

First of all here's what I think of the NFL Network GMF's crew---While they talked about Bear's backup Chase Daniel's short week, could they have at least mentioned that for Colt McCoy who was up against that same scenario too....and Colt is also dealing with a makeshift O-Line...And it looks like they were drinking the "Cowboy Kool Aid" in praising the Cowboys a little too much....Ive sensed a certain bias from that crew with certain teams....Woman Frustrated

And lets wait and see what the Cowboy's do in New Orleans against the Saints before we start all the praise of the Cowboys....And Saints want home field advantage in playoffs.......just sayin.......

Sorry Id rather hear Jeff Saturday's, Tedy Bruschi's, Ryan Clark's and former GM's, Lou R's analysis of games JMHO.....

As I said Colt had a short week to prepare so he deserves a bit of a break and some time to get his timing down with the 1's....I did like the way he moved the offense over Alex Smith....Yep a couple BAD THROWS and interceptions by Colt, but one was on TE Jason Reed!!! 

Preston Smith played well, the rest of the D did not---no sign of tackling by some, and yes @gardenman  Clinton-Dix looked lost--And I wanted to hop on a plane to little D and kick Moreau in his rear end for that STUPID penalty at a key point in the game---ARRRRGGGHH!!!! Dunbar played poorly in the secondary too....

I liked what DJ Swearinger said "We lose two games in a row because of the defense," Swearinger said. "Ain't no ****** offense, man. Defense, we lost the game. We lost the game on defense two weeks in a row -- defense. You wanna be a championship defense, you gotta hold that weight on your back."

I doubt if the Redskins can win the NFC East, but they are capable of playing better even with the injuries....Woman Frustrated

And I know this is going to sound like sour grapes BUT a rule is a rule................Wasn't the money Zeke put in Salvation Army kettle a PROP???!!!!! Even Joe Buck agreed there should have been a penalty and a fine ..Saints Thomas fined $30,000---DOUBLE STANDARD!!! Woman Mad And why not award a fan the privledge of putting the money in the kettle after the TD....Gee Jerrah missed a promo opportunity....

P.S. your buddy from GMF on Fox pre-game, pre-game Fox show--picked the Giants over the Eagles!