Honored Contributor

Re: Week Three of the NFL Regular season!!!

@redwingsgal wrote:

As usual, I am done with pro football (not really) But only 3 weeks in, my team is already out of contention.  Those folks at Directv must be laughing at me being a Lions fan and paying all of that money to watch a team lose   Smiley Sad  

The Lions are one of those teams that just drives fans a little crazy. We've seen the Falcons ride Julio Jones The Bengals ride AJ  Green. And the Lions have arguably the best receiver in football in Megatron and they largely ignore him. The Lions now have Seattle (at Seattle) and the Cardinals at home for their next two games and those will be very tough games. They're likely looking at an 0-5 start now and that's not fun. Beating Seattle in Seattle is nearly impossible. Arizona's likely the best team in the NFC right now.

The Eagles are reportedly signing a new kicker in Caleb Sturgis as Cody Parkey goes on the disabled list.  Parkey reportedly injured his leg before the game on Sunday and was already dealing with a groin issue, so we brought in four guys for a tryout and apparently Sturgis was the winner. Sturgis was the kicker for Miami and Dave Fipp, our special teams coach, came from Miami, so there could be a connection there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

My brother-in-law is a Lions fan, and I imagine that he's driivng my sister crazy during this time. She doesn't care about football, and the way the Lions are playing it can't be easy to take.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the love, Gardenman and Teganslaw.  We Lions fans are sort of used to it.  But after an 11-5 season, we were hoping...

Yeah, 0-5 looks inevitable   Smiley Sad

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Well, 0-5 may not be inevitable, but it's likely. Of course, the beauty is you never know with the NFL. The Lions could go 13-0 and end up 13-3.  You just never know in the NFL. Teams that start out bad, can turn it around and end up in the Super Bowl, or they can flop and end up with that first overall pick. That's what makes the NFL so unpredictable.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!