Honored Contributor

Week Three of the NFL Regular season!!!

Week three starts with the Redskins at the Giants. The Giants have been losing more than getting beat, as they've largely thrown away the first two games. It's about time they stop throwing away games and get a win. II'll take the Giants in this one.

The Bengals go to Baltimore. I'm taking the Bengals in this one, but it should be a close game.

New Orleans goes to Carolina. Kind of a toss-up game to me, so I'll take the Panthers since they're the home team.

Oakland goes to Cleveland. The Browns are benching Johnny Football again and going back to McCown. I'm taking the Raiders in this one.

Atlanta goes to Dallas. The Cowboys have now picked up Matt Cassell as an insurance policy. Atlanta looked great when they beat the Eagles. Until I see more of Weeden, I'll take the Falcons.

Tampa Bay goes to Houston. Jameis Winston, meet JJ Watt. Houston has no offense, but they've got Watt so I'll assume the Texans will find a way to win.

San Diego goes to Minnesota. I guess I'll take the Vikings here.

Jacksonville goes to New England. The Patriots should win this one easily.

The Eagles go to the Jets. As much as it pains me to do this, I'm picking the Jets. The Eagles are just playing miserably on offense. It's all fixable, but until they fix the issues it's hard to pick them. The talent's there and one good game would do wonders, but until I see that one good game I've got to go against them. Here's hoping I get this pick wrong.

Pittsburgh goes to St Louis. I'll take the Rams in this one.

Indianapolis goes to Tennessee. The Colts are largely like the Eagles now. They're two talented teams playing badly. I think they'll find a way to beat the Titans though. I'll take the Colts.

San Francisco goes to Arizona. I'm picking Arizona pretty much every week until they falter. That's a good team. I'll take Arizona.

Buffalo goes to Miami. I guess I'll take Miami.

Chicago goes to Seattle. Seattle at home is nearly unbeatable. I'll take Seattle.

Denver goes to Detroit. I have no idea who will win this one. I guess I'll go with the Lions since they're the home team.

Kansas City goes to Green Bay. This should be a good game. I think the Chiefs may just eke out the win.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Three of the NFL Regular season!!!

[ Edited ]

Go 'Skins go.  I am wearing my vintage '70's era trucker hat with the actual (dare I say it) redskin logo.  Fight fight fight!!!

The signature song has even been changed to "rah rah rah".  Blah blah blah.

I will start a Spock ear trend if the Cap'n continues to perform.  Go Jones!  AM needs help.  And stay with the three tight end look!  That's danger in a package if I've ever seen one.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There has been a lot of speculation about whether Drew Brees would be able to play in the upcoming game against the Panthers.  Apparently he has a minor shoulder rotator cup injury.  We are told now that he intends to play.

Just fyi.  Doesn't change things much.  The Saints have need for so many things it's no wonder they are 0 and 2 - and no preseason wins. I'm voting for the first change to be a new Defensive Coordinator.

Honored Contributor

first week our defense looked pretty good.

second week our offense looked pretty good.

unfortunately each of our opponents were just a bit better than us in the scoring department.

now if they can BOTH look good in the same game we may have a chance.

we really need this win now that we are 0-2......something i never expected.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!

it will be a tough division game and our first game this season in our own stadium and on the east coast.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts need to win this game. They face New England, Denver and Pittsburgh later, and if they can't get a win against a division team I don't what to think. The problem has been the offensive line and Luck's inaccuracy. He has a low rating right now and so far has thrown more interceptions than any other starting quarterback. I'm not trying to put him down, just stating a fact. Things need to change.

Thursday night's game is a tough one to choose. Washington's running backs have app. 330 yards in two games, the most in the NFL. I hadn't realized that, heard it on NFL Network. Cousins played well last week, and their defensive line has come together. However, the Giants will eventually have a break out game and win. What better time than Thursday night against a division rival? I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants win, but I think this game might come down the last few minutes. Since I had to pick someone, I chose Washington.because of how well they played last week.

DeMarco Murray hurt himself in practice (hamstring injury) and might not play. He's been having a tough time this season so far, not gaining any yards. That's not like him.

This week we'll find out whether it's panic time for certain teams. I hope not.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Giants-Even though I love Captain Kirk   (Sparty on)

Bengals

Saints

Raiders

Falcons

Texans

Chargers (I NEED the Vikings to lose)

Patriots

Eagles (they will find a way)

Steelers

Colts (its all my fault, Indy, Luck is my FF QB)

Cardinals

Miami (they are home)

Seahawks (please)

Lions (and thanks Gardenman!!)

Chiefs (I hope!!)

Good Luck to everyone's teams!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

I hope the Eagles find a way to win. We need a win, but the strengths of the Jets are the weaknesses of the Eagles right now and that's not good. We should be able to exploit their linebackers with our running backs and tight ends, but you never know.

When you go back and watch the pre-season games, the Eagles first and second team offensive lines were dominant. In the regular season the same players have been largely dormant. I don't know what happened in the two weeks between the two sets of games, but they don't look or play even remotely close to how they played earlier.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

There has been a lot of speculation about whether Drew Brees would be able to play in the upcoming game against the Panthers.  Apparently he has a minor shoulder rotator cup injury.  We are told now that he intends to play.

Just fyi.  Doesn't change things much.  The Saints have need for so many things it's no wonder they are 0 and 2 - and no preseason wins. I'm voting for the first change to be a new Defensive Coordinator.

If I was Drew Brees I would have chosen not to be a salary HOG and instead would've taken less money in order for the team to give me more weapons and to help improve the defense......Brees stood his ground and got paid but it doesn't look like other than cash that the team gained much.....perhaps if he had taken less money then he might've had his buddy Graham still on the team.....JMHO for what it's worth!

Good Luck!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Go 'Skins go.  I am wearing my vintage '70's era trucker hat with the actual (dare I say it) redskin logo.  Fight fight fight!!!

The signature song has even been changed to "rah rah rah".  Blah blah blah.

I will start a Spock ear trend if the Cap'n continues to perform.  Go Jones!  AM needs help.  And stay with the three tight end look!  That's danger in a package if I've ever seen one.

Well it didn't work out so well for our team, it appears those Klingons, disguised as Giants did us in....And the what the heck is going on with SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!  Yep Cousins has a bad game, but not all his fault, let's look at that TD turned into a touch back caused by a Jones fumble ..... And the secondary without D Hall is awful! Oh well.....at least we can put points on the board unlike the Eagles.....(with all do respect to Gardenman)....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Thoughts on last night's game........

When will the Redskins Special Teams STOP giving away points to the opponent!!!!  SHEESH!!!!  Yes Capt Kirk got zapped.......and made some mistakes, but I liked the way he moved away from the pressure, if RG3 had been out there, it would've been SACK CITY!!!!  I DID love the Redskins game plan---wide open receivers---if only Kirk had thrown to them and some were the receiver's fault too-- in particular one of his interceptions was another tipped pass---(ROLLING MY EYES).....Perhaps the Redskins should've run a bit more.....And let's talk about STUPID PENALTIES!!!!  The D line performed well and without D Hall our secondary stinks!!!  Overall we beat ourselves....and if that one TD hadn't turned into a touch back we might've been right back in that game dispite all miscues.......It wasn't all about Capt Kirk having a bad game. Personally my choice for QB was MCCoy--more accurate and less interceptions....

The Giants were due one too and a Thursday Night game definitely played to their advantage since it stop the press from jabbering at them and they got an early chance to turn it around......  My sis also said her Giants had a special advantage because of the Pope was in NYC...LOL!!! Perhaps that is why the Redskins had so many turnovers!!!!