Honored Contributor

Re: Week Three of the NFL Regular Season!!!

Too many dumb mistakes today. Seven dropped passes, three fumbles, you just can't do that and win. Lots of dumb penalties. We've got to get this fixed and we play again on Thursday, so there's not a lot of time to fix it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Colts win: 27-24. Vinatieri made all field goals and extra points!  

Brissett threw for 310 yards, and spread the ball around to various players. Hilton left with a quad injury after scoring a touchdown, not sure what his status is. He was questionable to play at first because of his quad, and aggravated it. 

They had trouble stopping Julio Jones, who doesn't? Jones is showing that he deserves the high paycheck. 

CBS showed the final minutes of the Ravens-Chiefs game after the Colts ended. Lamar Jackson looked good, and Ingram was a nice addition to the team. They came so close to the two point conversion; missed by inches. And Mahomes is being Mahomes, not a surprise there. 

I'm watching the Niners and Steelers game. Colts former WR, Donte Moncrief (now with the Steelers) has been benched. He hasn't produced at all since being with the team. He had some good games with the Colts, but later regressed. It's possible Pittsburgh will release him. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

The Patriots release Antonio Brown, He send intimidating messages to his accuser. Geesh, he can't help himself, the idiot.

@nun ya  @JillyMarie 

Good for the Patriots.....but I'm sure we havent heard the last from AB----he will probably file a lawsuit against the NFL just watch~!!!!

There was a Sports Illustrated article also told how he has tons of unpaid bills for people like trainers, private chefs, doctors, assistants, employees etc...

AB should be banned from the NFL....

Ita!!!!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

You knew two things in the Antonio Brown saga. First, you knew that the Patriots would likely take a chance and sign him. It's what they do. The second thing you knew is that it wouldn't work long term. I figured he'd last a couple of weeks there, but he just made it one week. Now, if any team is stupid enough to sign him again, it would likely be the Chiefs, but they'd only sign him to a minimum salary, no upfront costs type deal where they could move on without any big issues.

AB is his own worst enemy. The guy has all of the talent in the world, but seriously lacks intelligence and self-restraint. He needs to grow up and mature into a responsible adult, but some people just never do. He's been told all his life he's special. He's the best. He's better than everyone else. Sadly for him, he believes it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27674076/ab-says-done-nfl-calls-kraft-ben

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

OMG, OMG, the G- Men won !  Who saw that coming, not me, I’m such a beaten down Giant fan, I don’t expect much. But folks it looks like we’ve got ourselves a quarterback !  Saquon being injured took some of the shine off the win, but darn it I’m still smiling !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

the ravens did not have a great first half, but we had  a strong second half. it was just a little too late. lamar is looking good and showed he can still do some nice running. it was a tough game, but the chiefs are tough and mahomes is a fine young quarterback. wow did we go for a lot of 2 pointers! steelers lost and bengals lost, which is good for us......now i just have to hope for a browns loss tonight.......sooooo GO RAMS. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

annnndddddddd......thank you RAMS!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

In an odd quirk, Carson Wentz had more tackles (two) than Fletcher Cox (zero) in yesterday's Eagles' game. I'm not sure if Vegas has a betting line on that or not, but you could have probably made out pretty well betting that would happen. 

Fletcher Cox is still coming back from last year's foot injury and still doesn't look a hundred percent. He's playing okay, but not great.

Carson Wentz is playing great, he's just not getting any help. In the last two weeks he's made game-winning touchdown passes, only to have them dropped. I'm betting his frustration level is near an all-time high right now. He's standing in the pocket, getting clobbered as he throws the ball to put it right on target and have the receivers drop them. There were somewhere between seven and nine dropped passes in yesterday's game, and three fumbles, which is how Carson made the two tackles. 

Now we've got a short week before heading for Green Bay, who's playing very, very well. Here's hoping our receivers learn to catch the ball over the next couple of days and our runningbacks remember not to fumble. We've essentially fumbled away/dropped two winnable games so far and you can't afford to do that in a sixteen game season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

WOOOHOOOOO!   LIONS VICTORY!!!  It was a rather sloppy game, but I will take the win all day long.  

Good Luck Thursday, @gardenman !!  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

WOOOHOOOOO!   LIONS VICTORY!!!  It was a rather sloppy game, but I will take the win all day long.  

Good Luck Thursday, @gardenman !!  

Congratulations and thanks. We'll likely need all the good luck we can get. God knows we've had enough bad luck so far. The apparent inability of our receivers to catch passes is getting kind of annoying. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!