Honored Contributor

Re: Week Three of the NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

It's way too early to be making predictions. The Eagles injuries aren't helping matters any, but most are short term. Sudfeld may actually be back this week or next. Alshon Jeffrey and DeSean should be back by week five or so. Goedert may be back this week or next.

The Eagles are somewhat lucky in where the injuries have occurred. The offensive line is solid. The starting QB is good. The DB's and linebackers are largely healthy. The defensive ends are healthy. The runningbacks are largely healthy. (Corey Clement's shoulder injury should be okay in a week or two.) The defensive tackle position has taken more hits than you'd like, but we've been pretty good at plugging that problem in the past.

Wide receiver looks scary losing two top guys, but Mack Hollins is pretty darn good when he gets the chance and this gives rookie JJ Arcega-Whiteside a chance to get some needed experience. As injuries go, these are largely survivable. If you lose your center or offensive tackles life gets scarier. If you lose your starting QB life gets scarier. Losing defensive ends is also bad.

I'm not overly concerned with how things are going so far. Barring a rash of more injuries we should be okay for the next few weeks. That game next week at Green Bay on Thursday night is a concern. But first we have to get past Detroit this week. If we get a bit of momentum going our way, and the injured players start to come back, the team can get on a roll.

This is a pretty resilient team. The Atlanta game was a bit of a shock losing three of your top three offensive players in the first eleven plays. That just doesn't happen all that often. Even then the Eagles almost came back and won on the road. All the Eagles have to do to make the playoffs is finish ahead of the Cowboys and we play them twice yet. They've got some pretty tough games coming up also. If they run into the wrong injuries (left tackle, Dak, Zeke, Demarcus Lawrence, etc.) their season could look a lot different. 

It's way too early to say much of anything. I don't see the Giants or Redskins being all that competitive this year, so it's likely a two-horse race for the NFC East title. As long as the Eagles stay in striking distance of the Cowboys, they'll have a shot. The Cowboys caught a break by the Saints losing Brees, but they still have to face the Packers, Rams, and Patriots, plus the Eagles twice, so there are some likely losses on their schedule. I don't see them going 16-0.

@gardenman 

Yep, I agree its a two team race in the NFC East, and I don't think the Cowboys will go 16-0....Woman Tongue

And I dont think my Redskins are that bad...yes they might belong out of contention for playoffs, but I think the offense looked pretty good compared to other NFL teams out there.....and to have them at 30 in the rankings is a bit LOW!!!! At least they can put up points (in the first half anyway) 😠....QB ratings: Kirk Cousins is rated 21 and Case Keenum 25??????????????  and this analysis: 

There's no question Cousins is a capable passer with a history of production; unfortunately, that history also includes a series of suspect performances in clutch situations. Buyer's remorse, anyone?

CAPT KIRK-2019 stats: 2 games | 52.4 pct | 328 pass yds | 7.8 ypa | 2 pass TD | 2 INT | 21 rush yds | 1 rush TD

CASE-2019 stats: 2 games | 69.1 pct | 601 pass yds | 7.4 ypa | 5 pass TD | 0 INT

Maybe a 27 ranking would be more realistic.....

I think the Redskins look better than the 

Dolphins

Giants

Jets

Steelers

Titans

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Darius Leonard is ruled out for Sunday's game; Okereke will replace him. 

There are at least 5 steps to the concussion protocol: including recovery, exercise, strength training and ability to practice both partially and fullly.  It also requires clearance by the team doctor and neurologic consultant. Sometimes that can take awhile. Leonard played the whole game last week, but developed concussion symptoms afterwards. 

Cam Newton isn't playing because of a sore foot; the backup, Allen, will start. 

What criteria is used for QB ratings? Keenum has a higher pct. rating than Cousins but is rated lower? Something is off about that.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

The Patriots release Antonio Brown, He send intimidating messages to his accuser. Geesh, he can't help himself, the idiot.

Trusted Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

The Patriots release Antonio Brown, He send intimidating messages to his accuser. Geesh, he can't help himself, the idiot.

Hah!  You beat me to it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nun ya wrote:

@nun ya  @JillyMarie 

Good for the Patriots.....but I'm sure we havent heard the last from AB----he will probably file a lawsuit against the NFL just watch~!!!!

There was a Sports Illustrated article also told how he has tons of unpaid bills for people like trainers, private chefs, doctors, assistants, employees etc...

AB should be banned from the NFL....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Darius Leonard is ruled out for Sunday's game; Okereke will replace him. 

There are at least 5 steps to the concussion protocol: including recovery, exercise, strength training and ability to practice both partially and fullly.  It also requires clearance by the team doctor and neurologic consultant. Sometimes that can take awhile. Leonard played the whole game last week, but developed concussion symptoms afterwards. 

Cam Newton isn't playing because of a sore foot; the backup, Allen, will start. 

What criteria is used for QB ratings? Keenum has a higher pct. rating than Cousins but is rated lower? Something is off about that.

@teganslaw 

Its from NFL.com, 

NFL.com editors Ali Bhanpuri, Tom Blair, Gennaro Filice and Dan Parr join forces to calculate the QB Index -- the hierarchy among starting quarterbacks -- heading into Week 3.

How do we arrive at these rankings? Well, each of the four QB watchers submits a ballot, and through the power of mathematics, we average out the results to arrive at our list. The individual rankings of each writer are listed in every QB blurb. As the season progresses, the pecking order will increasingly rely on 2019 performance alone, which means the deck will constantly reshuffle. But after two weeks, with insufficient regular-season tape to evaluate, performance prior to the '19 campaign is also taken into account in the unique QB evaluations of each ranker.

Patrick Mahomes was ranked 
#1......................

Here's what they said about Case---Blair: The ex- Vikings hero and Broncos free-agent bust seems to be finding his level somewhere below team-carrying star and significantly above acceptably warm body. In 2018, Keenum logged zero games with 220-plus passing yards, more than one passing TD and zero interceptions, but he's already done that twice in 2019 (though he almost had a pick on at least one throw against Dallas). On Sunday, Keenum made some nice throws, hitting Terry McLaurin on a pair of deep strikes and standing tall in the pocket to find Trey Quinn on fourth-and-7 in the third quarter, and he kept the score respectable. But he didn't receive much run support, and Dallas' defense played well.

They ranked your Jacoby Brissett  19th....

2019 stats: 2 games | 69.1 pct | 336 pass yds | 6.1 ypa | 5 pass TD | 1 INT | 34 rush yds

Bhanpuri: Brissett showcased impressive escapability on multiple occasions against the Titans, maneuvering skillfully out of the grasp of opposing rushers to limit drive-killing losses. Although the Colts remain a run-first entity, the fourth-year pro made enough plays -- including converting a fourth-and-inches on the Colts' own 35 with just over two minutes left -- to help Indy overcome two missed PATs from struggling future Hall of Famer Adam Vinatieri. The Colts QB still has plenty to work on ahead of his 20th career start -- throwing with more anticipation, not telegraphing passesreducing unforced errors (two false start penalties on third-and-short) -- but his three-TD day certainly helps mask some of the uncertainty he showed Sunday.

And Wentz was rated 6th:

2019 stats: 2 games | 64.6 pct | 544 pass yds | 6.6 ypa | 4 pass TD | 2 INT | 1 rush TD

Filice: Wentz's second outing of the 2019 campaign ran the gamut. This roller-coaster ride in Atlanta had everything, good and bad: from back-foot beauties and fadeaway laser strikes for six to unthinkably bad chucks that begot Desmond Trufant picks. Wentz showcased Houdini escapability, but also took a number of hits no vaudevillian stunt performer could survive. Simply put, it was an uneven performance that ended in a loss to the Falcons. For a good portion of the second half, though, Wentz showcased the special abilities that had him squarely in the 2017 MVP conversation before a torn ACL ended his season in Week 14. ( The third-down conversion with Vic Beasley draped on his back springs to mind.) But if Wentz hopes to make it through a full season for the first time since his rookie year, can the quarterback continue to play with such reckless abandon? Stay tuned!

Dak was ranked right behind Wentz at 7: (and hes played two AWFUL defenses).....

2019 stats: 2 games | 82.3 pct | 674 pass yds | 10.9 ypa | 7 pass TD | 1 INT | 81 rush yds

Filice: Dak has thrust himself into the insanely early MVP discussion that no one's really having (but it makes for good narrative framing) by racking up the video game numbers you see above in a pair of divisional wins. And he deserves great praise, with seven touchdown passes against just 12 incompletions. But in a ranking of individuals playing a team game, it's fair to point out that Prescott's surrounding cast would be the envy of just about any other player on this list. Brick-wall offensive line? Check: Prescott has the lowest percent of dropbacks under pressure (9.5) of any qualifying quarterback, per Next Gen Stats. Top-notch weaponry? Check: Ezekiel Elliott has led the league in rushing yards per game during each of his three NFL seasons, while Amari Cooper boasts three Pro Bowl nods at age 25. Hyped play-caller? Check: My colleague Marc Sessler, among many others, is already talking about 30-year-old Kellen Moore as the next wunderkind head-coaching candidate. Now, the injury to emerging WR2 stud Michael Gallup is indeed a hit to Dak's top-heavy receiving corps, but I think he can manage.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a Patriots fan, all I can say is FINALLY!

Honored Contributor

Thank God the extremely ill advised Antonio Brown experiment is over.

He actually sent the intimidating texts to another woman. He hired her to paint a mural in his house. He approached her in his house while naked and covered by just a washcloth. She came forward with that story and that's when he sent those group texts that included her. He shamed her for having several kids and being poor, (she was working three jobs) among other things.

He is lower than low class, has no moral character, and is possibly a rapist.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I wonder if the Patriots can get back the $9 million signing bonus they gave him? He's become a pretty expensive guy. He still counts as something like $21 million against the Steelers cap. The Raiders didn't lose much money, but gave up draft picks. The Patriots gave him $9 million in a signing bonus and one sixteenth of the other $6 million he was owed. I'm not sure anyone else will give him another shot.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@wakefield64  and @Greeneyedlady21 I'd give you 100 hearts if I could. AB has no place in football and I hope the NFL does a thorough investigation. When women are working at legitimate jobs (athletic trainer and painter), they should not be harassed by the man who employed them.