Honored Contributor

Re: Week Three of the NFL Regular Season!!!

@yellowrose wrote:

Houston - you've got a quarterback.

He just needs to learn clock control.

Too bad Texans didn't come away with the win, but

they gave the Pat's a good run.  My remote got a workout

going back and forth between the Texan game and the

Giants/Eagles.

Two good games.

Don't know what to expect tonight.  The horror of last week is

still stuck on my brain.  Plus we don't have a good winning

record in AZ.  But I believe we will be victorious.

Congrat to this week winners.

GOOOOO COWBOYS

@yellowrose

Yep instead of Red Zone I was flipping back and forth between Eagles/Giants and Texans/Pats.....I had missed Odell Beckham's "dog impersonation" and penalty....My sis a Giant's fan had called to tell me about it....She said she wants to hop on a plane and slap OBJ's face she is so tired of his antics ..... and this one cost his team a big penalty too......... I was hoping JJ Watt and the Texans would get the win over the Pats....But your right, the QB search is over in Houston....they found a good one! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

LOL @Spurt

well for our sakes i hope that BOTH of our teams come alive next week. i bet the ravens coaches are going to be running a tight ship this week during practice.

congrats on the win.......of course, they are one of my top three teams. it is nice to have a team to fall back on that is in a different league. Smiley Wink

@sunshine45

thanks! WOW!!! Didnt see that win coming--- who were those folks wearing burgundy and gold (perhaps they were robots built in Dan Snyder's basement---LOL).....What's funny is picking an AFC team to root for, mine had actually been....you guessed it....Da Raiders!---Woman LOL  I liked the Chiefs for my picks to win the AFC so maybe I should change and pick them....but guess who plays the Redskins next week....The Chiefs!!! .....SHEESH....what are the NFL schedulers doing to me Smiley Wink 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

that's the problem with switching between games, spurt, is we miss

a lot.  In the 4th, looked like both games would be going down

to the wire, so I let the Eagles/Giants game go and focused

on the Texans.  I didn't bring them any luck, though.

Robbery happens, and it's painful, especially during a playoff game.

Don't know what happened to the Lions, but even if I don't root for

a team, I never want to see anyone lose unfairly.

Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@redwingsgal wrote:

Once again, the NFL finds a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for my beloved LIONS.

DETROIT V EVERYBODY

Yeah, Detroit got robbed. I wasn't aware of that time runoff rule before the game, but it really punishes a team after a replay review and cost the Lions a win.

Yeah, since it was inside the two minute warning and it was a scoring play (originally), the booth does an automatic review.  So why should the offensive team be forced to have the 10 second runoff???  I could see if Atlanta challenged the play, they could have the runoff, but not on a booth review!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@redwingsgal wrote:

Once again, the NFL finds a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for my beloved LIONS.

DETROIT V EVERYBODY

Yeah, Detroit got robbed. I wasn't aware of that time runoff rule before the game, but it really punishes a team after a replay review and cost the Lions a win.

Yeah, since it was inside the two minute warning and it was a scoring play (originally), the booth does an automatic review.  So why should the offensive team be forced to have the 10 second runoff???  I could see if Atlanta challenged the play, they could have the runoff, but not on a booth review!

That rule exists because the clock was running on the play and only stopped when the officials ruled it a touchdown. The theory is it would have taken Detroit (or any other team) ten seconds or more to get back to the line of scrimmage and kill the clock. Had Detroit had a timeout left, they could have sacrificed the timeout to save that ten second run off, but they were out of timeouts. There's some logic to the rule, but that doesn't make it hurt any less for the fans or the team.

A whole lot of games end with a player just short of the goalline as time runs out and had the Detroit player been ruled short of the endzone (as he was, barely) and the clock kept running the outcome would have likely been the same as the time would have expired before another play could be run. It is a bit brutal as a fan to see ten seconds run off and the game end with you just on the brink of winning.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Dang! In addition to his broken arm Darren Sproles also tore his ACL on that same play. Instead of losing him for 2-8 weeks he's now done for the year and maybe due to retire. (He'd said before this year that this would be his final year.) That helps explain why they were talkng about him getting an MRI today.

Well, that frees up yet another roster spot and we now have two empty spots I believe. Byron Marshall, the running back we have stashed on the practice squad will likely be elevated and maybe a new kick/punt returner will be signed. A lot of our offense is built around Sproles and his versatility. Oh well, the team is getting younger if nothing else. Every player you lose opens the door of opportunity for another guy. You just have to hope there isn't too much of a fall off from one player to the next.

@gardenman

Redskin's RB Chris Thompson said he felt very bad when he heard about Sproles injury, Chris said after the Redskins/Eagles game Sproles came over and congratulated him for having a great game.......

Sproles sounds like a great guy....so sorry about his injury. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

Sproles is a special guy who's admired and respected all around the league. You pretty much never hear anyone say anything negative about him. Teams punt away from him. Defensive players get nervous when he steps on the field. Players routinely come to him before and after games to shake his hand and pay their respects. We may see him come back from this, but we'll have to see. 

The Eagles prepared for life without him by drafting Donnell Pumphrey last year, but Pumphrey tore his hamstring and is out for the year. The injuries are really piling up after coming out of training camp completely healthy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Kudos to the Cowboys for the win last night. Things started out well for the Cards, but when they missed that field goal to go up by ten, they lost their momentum and things imploded from there.

Darren Sproles apparently is not going to retire as he posted yesterday "The comeback will be real." He'll be a 35 year old free agent running back coming off a torn ACL next season so he's not likely to get a big, long term contract, but I suspect he could get an incentive laden veteran minimum deal with the Eagles, based on his performance both on and off the field. The little dude is a special player.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!