Honored Contributor

Week Three of the NFL Regular Season!!!

And we start out this week with the Titans going to Jacksonville. With the loss of Nick Foles and having to rely on Gardner Minshew, the Jags look like they may be joining the "Tank for Tua" club. They're on pace with Miami so far for that first overall pick. I'll take the Titans.

Next up is the Raiders at the Vikings. The Vikings are favored to win and probably will, but I'm going against the grain here and picking the Raiders. Why? I have no idea, it just feels right.

The Ravens take on the Chiefs in what's likely to be a very high scoring contest. I pretty much have to take the Chiefs at home. They're a really good team and they won't take the Ravens lightly.

The Falcons take on the Colts. Truth be told, the Falcons did not look good last week against the Eagles. The Eagles were severely short-handed due to pregame and early game injuries and still nearly managed to pull out the win. I'm betting Doug Pederson and Frank Reich have had a chat about the Falcons' strengths and weaknesses and the Colts will pick up where the Eagles left off and beat the Falcons.

The Jets get sacrificed to the Patriots. Yeah, this one could get very ugly, very fast. I'll take the Patriots.

The Dolphins play like a fish (mammal really) out of water to the Cowboys. This is another of those ugly games that will be extremely one-sided. The Cowboys will win big. You might as well just give anyone playing the Dolphins a bye this year and save the airfare.

The Broncos take on the Packers in Green Bay. The Broncos may very well be in the "Tanking for Tua" club also. They're 0-2 now and likely 0-3 after this game. I'm taking Green Bay.

The Bengals take on the Bills. The Bengals may also be in the "Tanking for Tua" club and will likely lose to the Bills. I'll take the Bills.

The Lions comes to Philly to take on the Eagles. The Eagles are favored despite losing nearly half their offense last week. The advantage the Eagles have this week is knowing they'll be missing half their offense. Guys like Mack Hollins and JJ Arcega-Whiteside who were fourth and fifth string wide receivers suddenly thrust into a starting role will be better prepared this week. I'm taking the Eagles in this one. Despite losing nearly half the offense last week they almost snuck out the win on the road.

The Panthers take on the Cardinals. Cam Newton's many injury issues and inability to get the ball down the field puts the Panthers in that "Tanking for Tua" club also. They could turn it around, but they just don't look good right now. Carolina's favored, but I've got the Cards eking out the win at home this week.

The Giants are at the Bucs. Daniel Jones gets his first start as the new Giants QB. How does he respond? How does the team respond? How does Eli Manning respond? I have no idea. I think Tampa may just do enough to get the win however so I'm picking Tampa. 

The Steelers are at the Niners. Losing Roethlisberger for the year hurts the Steelers. Mason Rudolph is their new quarterback and could play well. It's going to be an adjustment though. Ben would hang in the pocket forever, shedding defenders if need be, until a receiver got open. I suspect Mason Rudolph will be more of a rhythm and timing type guy who gets the ball out quicker. He may end up throwing the ball before receivers are expecting it. I'm taking the Niners in this one.

The Saints are at the Seahawks. The Saints are a good team, but what made them special was Drew Brees. With him out, they're likely not going to be able to compete with Seattle. I'll take the Seahawks.

The Texans are at the Chargers. The Texans are a bit of an up and down team where you never know what you'll get from them. I guess I'll take the Chargers in this one.

The Rams take on the Browns. This is a measuring stick game for the Browns. They're going up against one of the better teams in the NFL in a home game, before a rabid crowd on national TV. The Browns built a bit of momentum by rolling over the Jets. Todd Gurley is clearly not "right" for the Rams. The Rams are favored, but I'm going for the upset here. I'm taking the Browns. OBJ will want to put on a show and he's capable of taking over a game.

And finally, we have the Bears at the Redskins. Sorry Spurt, but I don't see this ending well for the Redskins. I'll take the Bears.  

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Week Three of the NFL Regular Season!!!

It will be interesting to see how the injured teams play. The abilities of back up players will be tested this week. I'm picking three upsets in our family pool.

Esteemed Contributor

Vinatieri said that he never considered retirement; that was only speculation because he planned to talk to the media. The conference never happened, as he said that he had to "clear demons from his mind" first. It sounds more like a mental problem than physical. 

The Colts have been working out kickers on the side just in case.  Vinatieri will have more chances this week. Maybe playing at home will be better; I won't know until this Sunday. 

Eli Manning isn't asking to be traded. He has a "no trade" in his contract and doesn't plan to waive it. If Daniel Jones does well, he could likely replace Eli as starter. 

I would like to see Baltimore win this week. Nothing against Mahomes, but I'm on the Lamar Jackson bandwagon right now. The Ravens are the underdog, anotehr reason I favor them.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Due to the roughly thirty million injuries the Eagles suffered in Sunday night's game, they opted not to practice today and just had a walkthrough instead. That's kind of an interesting choice. You would assume getting the subs more practice time with the starters would make more sense. Doug Pederson has a pretty good feel for the team though, so we'll have to see how this all plays out. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW!!!---Is it already Week 3!!!! 🏈 🏈 🏈

With all the changes going on it will be interesting to see how this seson progresses and who are the REAL studs and the duds....I think too many people are making too many assumptions too early....

Time for picks:

Titans Vs Jaguars:---  With Ramsey wanting out of Jacksonville, and no Foles...it doesnt look good for the Jags....The Titans seemed to be focused and in battle mode, they throttled the Browns and lost in a squeaker to a good Colts team....taking the TITANS!!

Raiders VS Vikings:--- Well the Raiders wont have to play on a half baseball/half football field..... The Raiders got an emotional win against the Broncos after all that AB drama, then last week they lost to a good Chiefs team....I think it was easy for the Raiders to fall after that emotional win and all the AB drama......chance for them to re-group and get back on track...... Capt Kirk seems lost in space (oops wrong sci fi show)....He's not delivering and they lost to a Packer team adopting to a new coach and scheme...The Vikes rank 31st in passing yds...Im taking an upset here and taking the RAIDERS, and the Capt Kirk won't be hearing SKOAL, he will be hearing the BOOOS for sure....

Ravens VS Chiefs---This game will be a good test to see how good the Ravens really are. And can the Chiefs defense keep Lamar in check! The Chiefs have Mahomes and the offense is on a roll (1st in passing yds)....Since the CHIEFS are at home I taking them for the WIN~!

Falcons VS Colts:----Falcons got a win against an Eagles team where players were dropping like flies (I dont think that's what the Eagles mean when they say FLY EAGLE FLY).  Colts would've gotten a win if it wasn't for those missed FGs...but the team is standing by their long time kicker.  The team has adapted pretty well with life without Andrew Luck......I'm going with THE COLTS!  @teganslaw 

Jets VS Patriots:--  Beli must be smiling....they play a Jets team thats going with an inexperienced 3rd string QB......I wonder if we will see Brady's backup..I think the game will be that lopsided....PATRIOTS easy win!

Dolphins VS Cowboys:---Normally the Cowboys would be concerned with injuries to a few of their key players....but not this time...they are playing a Dolphin team that any Texas High School team could beat....Reluctantly...COWBOYS with a BIG WIN!!! Smiley Sad 

Broncos VS Packers:---It wasn't so much Flacco's fault as it is WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED to their DEFENSE...where is VON MILLER and CHUBB???  Are they tanking for Tua as well?????  I like the way the Packers defense is looking and of course they have Aaron at the helm....Cheeseheads will be smiling...PACKERS!  @AuntG 

Bengals VS Bills:---  After two weeks the Bengals rank 2nd in passing yards....and looked pretty good the first week despite the loss, but looked awful against the 49ers...Going with the fiesty BILLS at home!

Lions VS Eagles:---  The Lions go up against a beat up Eagles team.....Rookie WR Arcega Whiteside will need to step up..as will other players......The Lions eeked out a tie against the Cards ......  I dont quite trust the Lions, so am going with the EAGLES at home, the Eagles need a win to stay close to the Cowboys that should be 3-0 after this week.... Sorry @redwingsgal 

Panthers VS Cardinals:---  When Cam isn't healthy the Panthers fall flat....The Cardinals have made some interesting comebacks in games as the rookie QB starts to settle in to the NFL game.....They also got the "ageless" Larry Fitzgerald....I'm taking the CARDINALS! 

Giants VS Bucs:---  This game has taken an interesting turn as Eli gets benched and they start their "wonder rookie" Daniel Jones.....It will be interesting to see how he does....not much of an O line, no WR weapons to really speak of, and a lousy defense....How can he fix that???? All they got is Barkley. Also It should be hot and humid in Florida too....I'm going with THE BUCS at home

Steelers VS 49ers:--  Even with Big Ben the Steelers were playing lousy.....now he's not there, so taking the 49ers at home for an easy WIN!....

Saints VS Seahawks:---  The Saints without Brees playing in the home of the 12th man.....can Bridgewater do it????  The game against the Rams was downright UGLY.  The Seahawks have struggled a bit, but still won 2 games (23rd in passing)...And I think they will get another  "W" here....SEAHAWKS!!!

Texans VS Chargers:---  Interesting game....The Texans lost a heart breaker to the Saints with 36 seconds on the clock, and just squeaked by the Jaguars!  It's up to Watson as their defense has seemed to fade a bit without Clowney.....Meanwhile the Chargers have some key injuries....The game comes down to QBs Rivers VS Watson....I'm going with THE CHARGERS and Rivers!

Rams VS Browns:---  Hard to figure out the Rams since they played against a Breesless Saints team and squeaked by the Panthers....Who knows how healthy Gurley actually is.......Browns haven't lived up to expectations, and despite adding more weapons for Mayfield their offense has been very disappointing.  They got creamed by the Titans, and then won against a Jets team without their starting QB...and the backup left the game with an injury.  Can fiesty Baker Mayfield fire up the troops.....Will OBJ shine with or without his favorite watch????  All signs point to the Rams, but going with my woman's intuition and taking Mayfield and the Dawg Pound at home---BROWNS with the UPSET!

Bears VS Redskins:---  I haven't been impressed with Trub, he's sputtered they rank 28th in offense....they had to rely on a FG against a bad Denver team....their defense has been missing in action.  Meanwhile the Redskins were counting on their defense and running game which neither has materialized....In Jay Gruden's latest press conference he raked the defense over the coals....no pass rush, missed assignments, sloppy play.  Stupid penalties have stopped drives and plagued the offense....BUT the bright spots have been Case Keenum and the young WRs......I think this one will be close and I think the Redskins will eek out a WIN---REDSKINS HTTR! 

P.S. @gardenman   

Thank you for calling the Dolphins MAMMALS.  Having learned all about Dolphins at our Sea World here I HATE to hear them being called "fish" Smiley Wink 

Dolphin on emojidex 1.0.34

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

A winless team can be dangerous. I'm certaintly not looking at this game as a "bye" and I hope Dallas isn't taking this game lightly. Cowboys haven't been a team that wins by a large margin, so I wouldn't be surprise if this ends up being a close game.

I won't be able to watch it live, but that's fine.  I'm trying to keep my fingernails.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Redskins signed LB Noah Spence and placed Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie on IR. Also signed CB Aaron Colvin. TE Donald Parham Jr was released, and they signed TE Drew Belcher to the practice squad.... 

No Taco Tuesday for the Cowboys, if they can't trade Taco Charlton he will be released.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Taco is now a Street Taco.  LOL

I wish I could take credit for that, but it's not my joke.

Of course,if you don't know what a street taco is, then it's not

funny.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

Taco is now a Street Taco.  LOL

I wish I could take credit for that, but it's not my joke.

Of course,if you don't know what a street taco is, then it's not

funny.

@yellowrose 

Too funny 🤣 🤣 🤣

LOL...

I know all about street tacos..🌮....I totally get it

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

A winless team can be dangerous. I'm certaintly not looking at this game as a "bye" and I hope Dallas isn't taking this game lightly. Cowboys haven't been a team that wins by a large margin, so I wouldn't be surprise if this ends up being a close game.

I won't be able to watch it live, but that's fine.  I'm trying to keep my fingernails.

Most winless teams can be dangerous, but not the Dolphins. Nice having you back participating again Yellowrose. I missed you. Looks like the Cowboys will be very good this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!