Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Three of the NFL Playoffs! The Conference Round!

I might change my mind, but right now I think that this is Tom Brady's year. Many expect Kansas City to repeat, but Tampa says not so fast. Brady will be one of the  select few to win a SuperBowl with two different teams. Also winning at his home stadium. 

The Football Gods are smiling on Brady right now, and unless Tampa does something to displease them, he wins another ring. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I think you might be right. That Tampa pass rush will give Mahomes a headache. Arians plays to win at all times. His "No risk it, no biscuit" philosophy is just what you need to take on a team like the Chiefs.

You've got to cover Travis Kelce to limit his ability to hurt you and double up on Tyreek Hill. Take your chances with the other weapons, but try to limit the damage from those two. It drives me nuts when you see Kelce wide open time after time. You've got to blanket him with a defender. Their other receivers can beat you, but I'd take my chances with the guys who "could" beat you over the guys who "will" beat you. Losing because you let the Chief's two biggest weapons beat you is not smart football.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Eagles have reportedly hired Shane Steichen as their offensive coordinator, so that's a very young staff. Steichen is just 35 years old. Pretty much everyone is in their thirties. Not a lot of experience in the group, but that can be either good or bad. Last year's staff was very experienced, but a little too set in their ways. This is going to be an interesting experiment. 

Shane Steichen was a Chargers coach last year and was credited with developing Justin Herbert, so we'll see what happens in Philly with these guys.

It looks like the Eagles are giving Nick Sirianni a lot of sway in picking his coaching staff. They aren't imposing coaches on him and the guys he's picked are guys he's coached with previously and knows. At least all of the coaches will be pulling in the same direction. 

We still don't know a lot of the lesser coaches, but the main guys (head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, d-line coach (Tracy Rocker from Auburn/South Carolina), o-line coach, and pass game coordinator) are now set. The Eagles have told Dave Fipp the special teams coordinator, that he can interview for other jobs, so he's likely out. No real word on who will be replacing him. We still need a running backs coach, tight ends coach, QB coach, WR coach, DB coach, LB coach/coaches, and assorted whatnots.

The Eagles should formally introduce the new coaches this week at some point. It'll be interesting to hear from them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

@Spurt , are those your cats in the photo? They're really cute. 

Green Bay should never have allowed the touchdown before halftime. Scotty Miller was wide open. 

Here come the praises for Tom Brady. The Packers need to figure out things during the halftime show or it will be a long day.

@teganslaw 

Those kitties are cute, but they aren't mine---they are just looking for work 😺 😉....My kitties are two Tuxedo cats....the one in my Avatar is Puddy Cat....and then there's Figaro the diva.....

99014371_2674132362908128_2416716662246998016_n.jpg

My sister said there's a conspiracy a foot.....Tom Brady playing in his home stadium for the Super Bowl 🤔🤨

Why didnt the Packers go for the TD right by the goal line....that will haunt the team for a long time......

Tony Romo was at in again...he was over-zealous and so pro-Chiefs starting from when the game began. I'm surprised he didnt compliment them for the way they sat on the bench.....SHEESH!!!....and did you hear that knock he gave about Eli Manning...LOL!!!  Well Tony he won TWO Super Bowls and how many did you win????

The way Tony Romo shows screaming favoritism towards the Chiefs is like nails on a chalkboard for me. Someone needs to have a talk with him. Please tell me he won't be announcing at the Superbowl.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ladybug724 , Jim Nantz and Tony Romo will be announcing the Super Bowl this year. Wish I could tell you differently. 

DeShaun Watson has reportedly said that he wants to go to the Jets first, and second choice is the Dolphins. If that's true and not a rumor, my question is why? To go from a trainwreck like Houston to another one like the Jets doesn't make much sense to me. 

After this year the Chiefs will most likely rebuild the team as they are supposedly 19 million over the salary cap. They will keep some major players, but look for many players to leave or be traded after the season. So they need to win it all or there might not be another chance. I don't know Tampa's situation. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I hate to tell you this, but it will be Tony Romo and Jim Nantz doing the Super Bowl. Jim Nantz could be gone from CBS pretty soon though. He now gets about a third of what Romo gets (Romo gets $!7.5 million a year.) Nantz thinks he's as important as Romo and wants to be paid the same. I'm betting CBS doesn't agree. If he plays hardball, he's apt to get kicked off the team. 

I'm just happy it's not Chris Collinsworth. He's clearly got a man-crush on Tom Brady and it gets a little tiresome. All we'd hear all game would be how amazing Tom Brady was. I've been known to mute my TV when Collinsworth is babbling on.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

my prediction?.......KC will have a good convincing win and brady will be back for another round......and he may NEVER retire. LOL

if mahomes had turf toe then he did a fantastic job of hiding it.

so sorry your teams lost bills fans and packers fans. we are now all waiting for the new season.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Anheuser-Busch said it won’t devote a Super Bowl commercial to its flagship Budweiser beer brand this year for the first time since 1983, pledging to redirect spending for the airtime to marketing campaigns related to Covid-19 vaccinations instead.

via WSJ

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

@Ladybug724 , Jim Nantz and Tony Romo will be announcing the Super Bowl this year. Wish I could tell you differently. 

DeShaun Watson has reportedly said that he wants to go to the Jets first, and second choice is the Dolphins. If that's true and not a rumor, my question is why? To go from a trainwreck like Houston to another one like the Jets doesn't make much sense to me. 

After this year the Chiefs will most likely rebuild the team as they are supposedly 19 million over the salary cap. They will keep some major players, but look for many players to leave or be traded after the season. So they need to win it all or there might not be another chance. I don't know Tampa's situation. 

@teganslaw 

Something must be in the air in Houston that has affected DeShaun's mind....THE JETS!?!?!?!?...SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!? SMH!!!!  Someone said the Jets were in the mix due to the fact he could get national endorsements that NY can offer?!?!?!?  I guess he's not counting on a long career in the NFL if thats where is focus is on endorsements and not winning games..

I didnt understand why they are already calling the Chiefs a dynasty when they are going to have to cut some of their high priced playmakers....but I guess some are thinking well as long as they have Mahomes...but football is a team sport and one needs a good O line and weapons and good defense too....Oh well we will see how the Chiefs respond to their cap issues...and how their team looks in 2021....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

I hate to tell you this, but it will be Tony Romo and Jim Nantz doing the Super Bowl. Jim Nantz could be gone from CBS pretty soon though. He now gets about a third of what Romo gets (Romo gets $!7.5 million a year.) Nantz thinks he's as important as Romo and wants to be paid the same. I'm betting CBS doesn't agree. If he plays hardball, he's apt to get kicked off the team. 

I'm just happy it's not Chris Collinsworth. He's clearly got a man-crush on Tom Brady and it gets a little tiresome. All we'd hear all game would be how amazing Tom Brady was. I've been known to mute my TV when Collinsworth is babbling on.

@gardenman 

Interesting comment about broadcasters ....

Collinwsworth is not a favorite but in my book at least he's better than the analyst who recently got promoted when he went from Fox to CBS, Charles Davis---a true motor mouth...😣

To me Troy Aikman is stale and rather boring....a bit cliched......

Nice to see that ole "Stinky" (aka Mark Schlereth) doing some games......

I always liked Jim Nantz...didnt know he had that kind of ego.....I thought no one's ego could be bigger than Joe Buck.....

And does anyone think that Steve Levy is a tad phony and over zealous in the MNF booth?  I do like Bob Griese and Louis Riddick (smooth lou)....

Well with Greg Olsen's retirement he will be joining Fox and he seemed to do well when he did a few games  while he was injured and couldn't play...so he looks promising.....

Some network would be wise to pick up Mike Golic Sr he did a good job as an analyst in the college games....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”