Trusted Contributor

Re: Week Three of the NFL Playoffs! The Conference Round!

Tom Brady fan here.....many formerly die hard Patriots fans are rooting for the Buccaneers now. Sunday should be fun!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The stuff that goes on between the ears of an NFL QB is why the stupid contract games that the Cowboys have been playing with Dak Prescott are so risky. It hasn't affected him yet, but we could see another DeShaun Watson type situation develop there very easily. If they don't get serious about paying him this year, they could lose him in more ways than one. It's not just QBs too. At pretty much every position you'll only get the best out of a guy if his head is in the right place. A great head coach and his staff work very hard to keep a player's head in the right place. Way more football gets played between a player's ears than on the field. If you can keep the majority of the team in the right headspace, the team will win.

@gardenman 

Jerry Jones is his own worst enemy...(great for the rest of the NFC East & the NFL)  He's going to succeed in alienating Dak and his agent........Prescott's 2021 tag would be 19.02 percent of the salary cap with it remaining at $198.2 million next year, but rumored to be much less at $176 million in 2021....Dallas already has nearly $177 million in 2021 salary cap commitments without signing any of the players that were selected in the 2020 NFL Draft, which would increase the number....Maybe Stephen Jones should convince Jerry to stay on his yacht and take a trip around the world or something......😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW........Mike Hurney was reported to be hired as the WFT GM.....but it looks like, although Hurney is still going to be part of the WFT Organization, it will be Martin Mayhew as the GM and will report directly to Rivera!!!.....SAY WHAT?!?!?!?.... WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?  Mayhew most recently was the VP of player personnel for the 49ers....

Here's Rivera's statement---

“Martin is a proven General Manager who will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the organization,” Washington head coach Ron Rivera said in a statement. “He will be an integral part of running the daily football operations and will allow me the opportunity to focus more on coaching. He impressed both myself and [team owner Dan] Snyder during the interview process and we both believe he will be a tremendous fit here. He is a man of high character and integrity and was part of the rich history and tradition of this great franchise as a member of the Super Bowl championship team in 1991.”

Some say this is an odd chain of command and way of reporting but Seattle, Kansas City, and New England have similar structures. In many other organizations, the GM and coach have at least equal power with not reporting to the owner. I think it’s best in the case of the WFT that the owner not be part of the equation.

UPDATE---

Hurney has been given the title of Executive Vice President of Football/Player Personnel. Hurney and Mayhew were Rivera's top choices for the front office, and they will both report to him in this new power structure.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt ..Thanks!

Yes there has to be harmony among all factions for a team to succeed. I sincerely hope that the other owners will put pressure on Dan Snyder to sell the WFT after these latest revelations. But even if he stays, it seems that Rivera has taken firm control of the team and created a much more harmonious atmosphere. in Philly, things are just so dysfunctional. I don't think things will return anytime soon to the way it was just three years ago. I agree that the statue of Foles and Pederson will be looked back upon as the time when everything came together. Hopefully we will get there again...but sadly, it does not look like it will be anytime soon.

Honored Contributor

Dang! Macy's has figured out Wentz is still going to be here and has cancelled my jersey order saying it's been discontinued. Sure it's been discontinued. I believe that. Uh, no. Do they really expect me to believe that? They just realized they can still sell them at full price. Oh well. I won't be doing business with Macy's again. That's very tacky on their part. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Dang! Macy's has figured out Wentz is still going to be here and has cancelled my jersey order saying it's been discontinued. Sure it's been discontinued. I believe that. Uh, no. Do they really expect me to believe that? They just realized they can still sell them at full price. Oh well. I won't be doing business with Macy's again. That's very tacky on their part. 

@gardenman 

That's downright crazy and unfair!!!!!!  It sure sounds looks like someone made a mistake and Macy's caught the fact they'd be losing LOTS of money.....

One time I shopped in their store and bought a blouse and they were reluctant to put my purchase in a bag, they tried to convince me to put the blouse in a bag from another store where I had made a purchase..... I told her NO I WANT A BAG....SMH!!!  She grudgingly put it in a Macy's bag.... I dont know if they were short on bags or what...it was just a bit odd....Personally, I prefer shopping in Dillards over Macys......... 

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman , I don't know why the Eagles would assume Lincoln Riley would go there.

The right head coaching job at a major college football powerhouse can be much more desirable than a pro head coaching job.  Oklahoma knew there was no danger of Riley going there.

Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

@gardenman , I don't know why the Eagles would assume Lincoln Riley would go there.

The right head coaching job at a major college football powerhouse can be much more desirable than a pro head coaching job.  Oklahoma knew there was no danger of Riley going there.

The Eagles had been cultivating a relationship with Lincoln Riley over the last two to three years, and I think they thought he would jump at the chance to join the Eagles. They were wrong.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Go Bills 🦬....my Hometown Team! 🏈