Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Three of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

SNF-how did the Bucs get a delay of game penalty before the two point conversion? Is that on Brady or the coaching? It was a strange ending.

Chris Jones' penalty to allow the Colts's winning drive was unsportsmanlike conduct. He sacked Ryan, then made an objectionable comment, which caused the flag. The only ones who know what was said are Jones and Ryan (and the referee) and neither is talking. Although Jones admitted his mistake, saying it won't happen again.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

After a touchdown and before a two-point conversion there's often a bit of confusion. Do we go for one or two? If two, which hashmark do we want it on? What's the play call? Which personnel do we want?

If the officials start the play clock early, that time can disappear quickly. There's a lot of blame to go around. Ultimately, it comes down to the QB to see the time left and get the play off but sometimes there just isn't time. Especially if you're changing personnel. The defense gets a chance to match the personnel. And Brady had no time-outs left, so even seeing the clock going down, there wasn't a lot he could do. You often have motion as part of the play design and if there's no time for the motion, you're in trouble. Guys won't be where they're supposed to be. 

In Chip Kelly's hurry-up offense with the Eagles, the officials would sometimes start the play clock and then stand over the ball preventing the snap until less than ten seconds were left as the opposing defense slowly meandered players onto the field. It drove Chip nuts. He wanted to wear down a defense with pace and the officials would stop it. Very often by the time they'd let the center get to the ball, there wouldn't be time for the motion Chip had designed.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

I messed up on my earlier post and got my Florida coaches mixed up---Your Eagles old coach, Doug Pederson has the JAGS playing well....and the Dolphins coach, Mike McDaniel has those Dolphins as contendors so far....I corrected my post--sorry bout that.....

Speaking of coaches....Belichick's coaching tree seems to be faltering once again.  So far, the Raiders new coach, ex-Patriots Assistant Coach, Josh McDaniels, has the team going in the wrong direction...its early but it will be interesting to see if he can turn the team around.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

Yep, I totally agree---after seeing the first two Bronco games, it looks like Russell Wilson's athletic ability and performance has declined with age and he is about  DONE!!! 

And I agree with you about Wentz and "holding on to the ball too long"....I think it more has to do with Scott Turner's offense schemes!!!!! JMHO!!! With all those added weapons surely he can find a way and design some plays, make adjustments, to get a couple guys open!!!!  🙄

So far the Eagles and Dolphins are the best teams right now....although the Bills are right there....stupid mistakes killed them...and their coach Dorsey showed his disgust and had a little tantrum, so I think the Bills will come out mad with a fire lit under them the next game to get back on track...so WATCH OUT RAVENS, the Bills will be on a mission @sunshine45 ...That should be an EXCELLENT GAME! 

My sister's Giants should be interesting to watch tonight. Personally I think their good start is just an illusion...And we will see how their Coach Dab's fan "white out" helps  against the Cowboys......Other than Parson's who will be the Cowboys defensive "hero" ---when Gregory made that good defensive play last night, I wonder if Jerry has regrets not getting Gregory signed....Last night, our local guy re-stated "the Cowboys are just a .500 team, and the Eagles are for real"!!!! The Cowboys should have done what the Eagles did in upgrading their roster and curiously Jerry refused to spend cap money they had!!!! I still say something is up it just cant be to tank to get rid of McCarthy---yes Jerry would have to buy out his contract, but is Jerry hurting for money or something.....?

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Yeah, that Belichick coaching tree just never bears fruit. The Andy Reid one however, is quite prolific.

I'm a little nervous about the Eagles playing the Jags next week. They're a good team. We should beat them, but you never know. 

As to Wentz, yeah, what do you want a QB to do if no one's open? Just keep throwing it away? Throw into coverage? There aren't a lot of great options there. Later in the game with quick options available he got rid of the ball quickly, but early on no one was open.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

Mark Davis went to the WRONG coaching tree for football, but the right one for basketball. Our Spur's Coach Greg Popovich has a pretty good one... Former Spur's Assistant, Becky Hammon won the WNBA Championship and Mark owns that team too, perhaps he had a clue when he decided to go to the WNBA Finals rather than watch his Raider's home opener 🤔.......And with the AFC having a plethora of strong teams in their Conference, the Raiders cant afford to get behind any further!!!! 😉  They are last in the Conference right now.. even the Texans are 1/2 game ahead of them....

Trusted Contributor

Doesn't happen very often, but I was rooting for the Packers yesterday.

Didn't care who won the Wash/Philly game.  I think the stadiums should

play "Can You Fell the Love Tonight" when divisional rivals meet.  Smiley Happy

I was rooting for Jimmy G, but only because he's cute.

I will admit that I don't look forward to playing the Eagles, and even though

Wash. didn't score a lot of points, I thought they looked tough also.

I'm not sure about the Giants, we'll see how it goes tonight.

Congrats to all the winners, hope my team makes me a winner also!!

LETS GO COWBOYS!!!

Super Contributor

@Spurt   I'm sorry, but the good Chiefs team you referenced wasn't on the field yesterday. SIGH Chiefs Kingdom is hurting today.

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman  I need some of your homemade bread.

My apple butter is cooling, and combined with your bread

would be a good MNF treat. 

Wish you could super fast express ship.  Woman LOL                                   

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

@gardenman  I need some of your homemade bread.

My apple butter is cooling, and combined with your bread

would be a good MNF treat. 

Wish you could super fast express ship.  Woman LOL                                   

I'd be happy to ship it, but I typically make my bread on Saturdays for the college games. This Saturday I'll probably make Bernard Clayton's Pain Ordinaire Careme. It's probably my favorite bread these days. It'll make two good sized loaves. I'll eat one fresh and freeze the other. It's a goofy recipe in that it starts as a batter before becoming a dough. It's very good. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!