Honored Contributor

Re: Week Three of the 2019 NFL Playoffs!!!

@gardenman wrote:

This probably would be a good year for the Redskins to tank to get a QB in the 2020 draft when some pretty impressive kids will likely be available. I'm not sure they'll be able to win many games anyway, so tanking for 2020 won't be too difficult. Use your draft this year to stock up on linemen, maybe some offensive weapons (receivers typically need a couple of years to play well) and have some solid pieces in place for the kid QB.

@gardenman

When a bunch of us Redskin fans were participating with a Q&A  session with media awhile back, I brought up the issue of tanking....I got laughed at.....but it does exist in all sports .......Owners in other leagues even got fined for discussing it.  With the state of the Redskins the way its in, they may just naturally "tank" the season....Supposedly the Redskins will target OL, WR, ILB....Not a good draft for safeties or this would be a top need, speculation they will look in later rounds and at QB position in late rounds as well....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

The Colts tanked a few years back for Andrew Luck. If you're not going to be a playoff team, does it really matter if you're 8-8 or 2-14? Being 2-14 might just get you a franchise QB who will lead your team for the next decade, while 8-8 might get you the fifteenth pick who's good, but not special.

It's smart to load up on the kids who will surround a QB and help him succeed. Offensive linemen and wide receivers are great options. Both typically take a year or two to adjust to playing in the NFL, so getting them a year before the QB makes sense. It's hard to be optimistic about the Redskins in 2019. You never know what will happen, but things don't look great right now. There are a lot of holes and few options to fill them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

0109B222-97C0-4924-9ED4-96CC6B39F20E.jpegNow I said it!!

Honored Contributor

just a non-sporting observation......

had not realized how good looking GOFF is!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Jared_Goff_2018.JPG/220px-Jared_Goff_2018.JPG

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

As a Cowboy fan, still haven’t figured out why Troy is so critical of Dallas when he is announcing their games....it’s like they can do nothing right in his eyes....Tony does a great job...a pleasant surprise. Terry Bradshaw is just too goofy and silly for me....but he knows his football.
Honored Contributor

Way to go Rams! (With a bit of help from the officials.) A pretty entertaining game overall.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

wow what a game!

you know that there are lots of mad saints fans out there just about now.....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Entertaining game. Congrats to the Rams. after a slow start, they played well enough deserve the win. I don't feel too bad; things just happened to go the Rams' way. 

Sunshine45, Jared Goff is good looking, and I don't really mind him winning. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

GO RAMS!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good game!  CONGRATS to Ram fans ---my brother is happy Smiley Happy

But its a shame that the focus will be on the officiating....and the non-call.................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”