Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Three of the 2019 NFL Playoffs!!!

The Colts fired OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo. It might have come as a surprise considering how well they played this season, but there are circumstances preceding this.

DeGuglielmo was part of McDaniels' team, and Reich eventually wants his own staff. They were not on the same page, and Ballard wants everyone committed

. Then there was the Denzelle Good situation. What happened  is that Guard Denzelle Good (now with the Raiders) had problems after Good's  brother was murdered. Good was going through a lot of issues, and DeGuglielmo didn't buy it, expected him to play through it, had no empathy.  Good felt disrespected and asked to be traded. 

Reich is recommending DeGuglielmo to other teams, so it's likely that he won't be out of work a long time.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The Colts fired OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo. It might have come as a surprise considering how well they played this season, but there are circumstances preceding this.

DeGuglielmo was part of McDaniels' team, and Reich eventually wants his own staff. They were not on the same page, and Ballard wants everyone committed

. Then there was the Denzelle Good situation. What happened  is that Guard Denzelle Good (now with the Raiders) had problems after Good's  brother was murdered. Good was going through a lot of issues, and DeGuglielmo didn't buy it, expected him to play through it, had no empathy.  Good felt disrespected and asked to be traded. 

Reich is recommending DeGuglielmo to other teams, so it's likely that he won't be out of work a long time.

@teganslaw

Very interesting!  And I was wondering when Reich would hire his own choice of assistants and get rid of McDaniel's picks!

Andrew Luck replacing Rivers in Pro-Bowl

Cowboy fans around here are not happy Jerry is keeping Garrett...but like I said Jerry wants a puppet coach he can meddle with....

Good news---Jim Bob Cooter  is being interviewed for the OC job with the Cardinals....one of the best coaching names, lets hope he gets the job Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman

It looks like another interesting off season for the NFL!!!

I just dont think the Eagles would trade Foles to a division rival, although the Eagles would know their opponent well it would also improve their opponents as well.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Redskins want to try to get WR Crowder re-signed.  Also the Redskins D definitely has talent, there is some talk of changing to a 4-3 defense...which is what a lot of fans have said

John Keim makes some valid points about the Redskins and finding anew DC...BTW Gregg William's name was still in play, but it looks like that's changed and the Jets are in process of signing him....

Here's the reality for the Skins in trying to woo another possible DC 1) They have a coach entering Year 6 with 1 playoff appearance and 0 wins. Job security? low end. 2) Who's the QB? Impacts the D/winning and losing of course....Doesn't mean can't do something; makes it harder.....

John Keim posted this....

Dear NFL teams with coaches openings: I covered Sean McVay for 7 years! Can I coach your team?  😄😆😂

Respected Contributor

I cannot STAND Troy Aikman and Joe Buck!!  HOMIES!!!  HOW IN THE NAME OF GOODELL CAN AIKMAN ANNOUNCE EVERY GAME FOR THE COWBOYS!!??

All he says is "we" and "us" while talking about Dallas...

I LOVE Romo and Nantz.  Nantz is calm and cool (years of golf announing) and Romo is so excited, like a five year old kid, but he has the knowledge of a former player.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj, leave it to Jon to bring you to the NFL thread!!!  XOXOXOXO

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@teganslaw

Very interesting!  And I was wondering when Reich would hire his own choice of assistants and get rid of McDaniel's picks!

Cowboy fans around here are not happy Jerry is keeping Garrett...but like I said Jerry wants a puppet coach he can meddle with....

Good news---Jim Bob Cooter  is being interviewed for the OC job....one of the best coaching names, lets hope he gets the job Woman LOL

@Spurt, is JimBob Cooter being interviewed by Dallas!!  I really liked him in Motown, but this past season, we just didn't have it....

Cowboys have hired our last DC and our last OC !!!

Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@teganslaw

Good news---Jim Bob Cooter  is being interviewed for the OC job by the Cardinals....one of the best coaching names, lets hope he gets the job Woman LOL

@Spurt, is JimBob Cooter being interviewed by Dallas!!  I really liked him in Motown, but this past season, we just didn't have it....

Cowboys have hired our last DC and our last OC !!!

@redwingsgal

My bad...Cooter is being interviewed by the Cardinals......I corrected post, thanks for pointing this out

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@redwingsgal wrote:

I cannot STAND Troy Aikman and Joe Buck!!  HOMIES!!!  HOW IN THE NAME OF GOODELL CAN AIKMAN ANNOUNCE EVERY GAME FOR THE COWBOYS!!??

All he says is "we" and "us" while talking about Dallas...

I LOVE Romo and Nantz.  Nantz is calm and cool (years of golf announing) and Romo is so excited, like a five year old kid, but he has the knowledge of a former player.

@redwingsgal

I was really noticing that especially in the Cowboys/Rams game......Troy didnt used to be that way earlier in his career, he even called a fair Redskins/Cowboys games at one time....I wonder if Jerry made a call to the NFL and TV Networks....hmmmm.  And to me they both sound disinterested and bored.....Gee remember the good ole days of Summerall/Madden

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman

It looks like another interesting off season for the NFL!!!

I just dont think the Eagles would trade Foles to a division rival, although the Eagles would know their opponent well it would also improve their opponents as well.......

They did it with McNabb. We'll have to see how it plays out. There are pros and cons to doing it. A pro for the Eagles would be getting draft picks away from a rival. That weakens them over the long term. Let the Redskins or Giants offer two or more first round picks and it's goodbye Nick. You're also trading away a guy who you know his every weakness that you can exploit. The cons would be if he excelled and beat us regularly. All things being equal, the Eagles would prefer Nick to go to Jacksonville or Denver, or another AFC team where they'd only be likely to meet Nick in the Super Bowl.

Where Antonio Brown goes will be interesting to watch. I suspect the Steelers would prefer him to go to an NFC team so they don't have to face him regularly. The same with Le'Veon Bell. There have been a lot of whispers that Bell already has a new deal ready under the table and that's why he sat out the year. I'd be surprised if Bell didn't sign a deal in the first week of free agency.

Lots of discussions will take place at the Senior Bowl and combine. The hotel rooms shared by teams will see lots of traffic as GM's talk among themselves and feel out other teams on deals. The Eagles nabbed Michael Bennett last year from the Seahawks and he was a bargain for the Eagles. Those deals tend to be agreed to whenever team execs are in the same area. I expect lots of player movement this year, with some really big names included.

I'm still not sure how married the Giants are to OBJ. He could be moved. If you're a team like the Niners who  needs receivers, getting a Brown or OBJ could be a game changer. With Seattle revived and the Rams dominating, the Niners need to make some bold moves. Rookie receivers tend to need a year or two to grow into the role, so they're not ideal draft options. Trade a first round pick for Brown or OBJ and you get a sure thing. (A headache also, but a sure thing as a player.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!