Honored Contributor

Re: Week Three of the 2019 NFL Playoffs!!!

In Wisconsin, it is common to hear negative things about Joe and Troy on FOX. Jim and Tony are my favorite announcers but they often are doing games I don't care to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

I had aready mentioned that I don't like Collinsworth; I also don't  care about Terry Bradshaw. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way. He was a great QB, but as an analyst, not so much. 

I enjoy Tony Romo and Jim Nantz. They're my favorites. Romo gives insights into the game which not everyone knows. 

I also like Lindsay Rhodes on NFL Total Access.NFL Network.

About Dallas Cowboys: Jason Garrett has mentioned that he sees no change coming in the staffing.  Fans aren't going to be happy with OC Linehan returning; many wanted him gone. Unless Jerry Jones changes his mind and does some firing; it's possible, but probably not going to happen.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Chris Collinsworth is the worst for Eagles fans. He's absurdly biased against the Eagles and does little to hide it. In last year's Super Bowl every contested catch he had going against the Eagle and then seemed stunned when the officials disagreed.

I think Romo is the best there is right now. He seems genuinely fair and loves the game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

who was the team that broadcast the fox game yesterday? i did not like them that much, so i am going with them as my least favorites.

my favorites are al michaels and chris collinsworth believe it or not. i like that monday night team AND i enjoy michele tafoya on the sidelines.

not too many of them seem to be ravens fans though. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

@dmod nj

I can be mistaken here, but didn't you say at one point that you were a big John Bon Jovi fan?  I'm sure that you missed it, because he's such a Pats fan he was in the Patriots owners box during yesterday's game singing along to Livin' On A Prayer that they were blasting throughout the stadium.

Lol......face palm coming up????  

Hi @cancun08   YES!  I am his biggest fan. *blushing and fanning myself*  

I did see this yesterday.   He is a NY Giants fan, says he bleeds blue.  

He is dear, long time, friends with Kraft.    If the Giants aren't playing the Pats, he'll root for the Pats.     One of his few flaws. Smiley Wink Woman Tongue

One of my favorite pics.   Is it warm in here?  Smiley Wink  *fanning myself* 

Related image

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Image result for laughing@cancun08 wrote:

@Spurt

Lol......poor @dmod nj is gonna fuh-lip!!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Spurt

who was the team that broadcast the fox game yesterday? i did not like them that much, so i am going with them as my least favorites.

my favorites are al michaels and chris collinsworth believe it or not. i like that monday night team AND i enjoy michele tafoya on the sidelines.

@sunshine45

That was the team I didnt like Charles Davis/kevin Burkhardt.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Rams vs Saints--Pretty evenly matched teams.  Rams really took control of their game.....Saints locked it up with an interception toward closing minutes of the game, Eagles almost pulled it off...Rams look to be the better team, but going with home field advantage of the Super Dome and picking the Saints

Patriots vs Chiefs-- Patriots are relishing role of being made to be the underdog and how everyone is jumping on the Patrick "The Wonder Kid" Mahomes band wagon..... But don't ya think Beli will have a special defensive plan in place along with a battle tested playoff team....Now one reason the Chiefs beat the Chargers was the Chiefs defense finally showed up...although only 2 sacks were put on the stat sheet, the Chiefs pressured Rivers all day....they are playing at home....but Patriots have some special luck on their side and I have a feeling it will be the Patriots once again in the Super Bowl!

BTW ....does anyone else think it was a bit unclassy with the win securely in hand, why Beli would challenge that ref call late in the game?????  Just a tad tacky if you ask me....Woman Tongue

Because patriots always play football to the end of the game. Regardless of score.

Esteemed Contributor

If this was the regular season, I'd go with Kansas City since NE doesn't play as well on the road, but ithe playoffs are completely different. I can't ever count NE out in the preseason, and  somehow they will prevail and enter another Superbowl. Sportswriter Judy Battista said it well: NE is like the monster you can't kill. Could be wrong, but I'm thinking the Chiels will find that to be true. 

I'm going with the Saints at home. However, Brees is going to have to play better than last week. They won, but it wasn't his best game, and he can't make mistakes which help the Rams.

Joe Flacco to the Jaguars? It looks like Bortles won't be returning, and the Jags are interested. The Colts struggle with Jacksonville, so facing Flacco would be even more of a challenge. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The quarterback shuffling this offseason should be interesting to watch. The Jags have apparently narrowed their search to Flacco, Foles or Bridgewater. (I wouldn't rule out Eli Manning either if the Giants make him available.) They're reportedly interviewing former Eagles QB guru Jon DeFillippo as a possible new OC for them. That could give Nick Foles an edge for the job or the Jags could call the Eagles about Nate Sudfeld. The Eagles are likely to resign Sudfeld before free agency, but if they don't they're expected to give him a second round tender where they'd get a second round pick if another team signed him. DeFillippo loved Sudfeld when he was in Philly and might think a second round pick is a bargain for an up and coming young QB he knows..

The Dolphins seem ready to move on from Tannehill. The Broncos are apparently ready to move on from Case Keenum. (I thought Foles was the perfect fit for them last year and I still think it, but I'm not sure he fits Elway's ideal QB model.) The Giants and Redskins both need a new QB. (Local sportswriters have Foles going to one or the other of them. I'm not so sure about that.) The Titans and Bucs seem to be sticking with Mariota and Winston for one more year, but you never know. The Chargers, Steelers, and Patriots all need to be thinking about the future at QB. They're all more likely to pick up a kid however.

Speaking of the Steelers, Mike Munchak, their offensive line coach has now left them to become the o-line coach for the Broncos. He's getting more money and is closer to family in Denver, but he's also away from the three ring circus the Steelers have become.

Typically there's not a lot of veteran quarterbacks available, but you could have last year's Super Bowl MVP in Foles, a two time Super Bowl winner in Eli Manning, and a bunch of guys who were highly thought of when they came out in the draft a few years back, all available this off season. There aren't a lot of sure-fire kids in the draft this time around, but the available veteran quarterbacks might more than make up for that. A failed QB on one team will enitce a cocky coach (and most are) to think he can coach the kid up to become great. (Probably not.)

Teams will be meeting up at the various all star games and combine and lots of trade talk will be taking place. Expect all kinds of moves this year. The Steelers will be unloading Antonio Brown to the highest bidder. (They'd likely prefer an NFC team that's not on their immediate schedule.) The Eagles may resign or tag Foles and try to trade him. (I'm pretty sure that was the plan the last time they extended him, but the offers were too low.) It's going to be a crazy few months between now and May when the rosters are more or less finalized.

Expect a lot of free agents to get vastly overpaid as lots of clubs have more cap money than brains. Expect a few players to take less money ot play for a contender. Golden Tate may be one of those taking less money to play for a contender. In his postseason interview he told a reporter that he got his money in his second contract when he went to the Lions, but now he wants a chance to win. 

The Eagles might be able to cash in a bit this offseason as players around the league say they want to play for Doug Pederson and with Carson Wentz. That can really help a team. Not to pick on the Cards or anything, but with Kliff Kingsbury as their new head coach (who drove Baker Mayfield away in college) and slim odds of having even a winning record playing against insane competition in the NFC West, they're more likely to get just the guys who are on sale to the highest bidder and they'll have to overpay them even then. That's not a great recipe for success.

The Eagles wasted no time in signing all of their practice squad players to new contracts for next year. I'm guessing we'll have to cut some guys to get down to the 90 man limit for the draft picks. We had 53 players on the active roster at the end of the season, seventeen more guys out injured, ten practice squad guys and we've signed a handful (or two) of Candian players to futures contracts. All told we're probably around 85-87 players now on the ninety man off season roster before the draft and we've got at least nine picks in the draft now with potential for more to come if Foles gets resigned or tagged and traded. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!