Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Three of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

The Colts will be missing several players Sunday: T Anthony Castonzo; DE Deniko Autry; Ridgeway; Marlon Mack, Jack Doyle.

The Eagles are favored because of their defense and Wentz being back. The only question is how well Wentz will play after being out so long. It looks like Sproles and Ajayi won't play. That might help the Colts, but there are other players the Eagles have to replace them. I like the matchup: Luck vs Wentz. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

It should be a good game. Carson will likely do something stupid (like run for a first down) to prove he's back, but he's been dying to get back on the field. The Eagles are down a lot of players. Ajayi and Sproles are out. Corey Clement will be a game time decision. We're really thin at wide receiver too. You're apt to see a whole lot of tight ends playing for the Eagles this week. I'm not sure what to expect. The good news is the Eagle's defense is healthy. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The games today are Colts-Eagles (FOX) and Bengals-Panthers (CBS). Later afternoon game is Bears-Cardinals (FOX.) and SNF Lions-Patriots. 

Since Doyle is out, TE Ebron and Ryan Hewitt will take over. The Colts also resigned Jack Swoope to practice squad and will bring him back to the roster. Also, Ryan Grant is expected to be involved as well as Hilton. It looks like Malik Hooker will be the one covering Ertz. I expect to see Wentz  get Ertz involved in the passing game, so it's important to have good coverage. Not sure what to expect from the Eagles' running game. 

According to GMF, Washington's defense is # 4 in the NFL. I didn't realize that. 

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The games today are Colts-Eagles (FOX) and Bengals-Panthers (CBS). Later afternoon game is Bears-Cardinals (FOX.) and SNF Lions-Patriots. 

Since Doyle is out, TE Ebron and Ryan Hewitt will take over. The Colts also resigned Jack Swoope to practice squad and will bring him back to the roster. Also, Ryan Grant is expected to be involved as well as Hilton. It looks like Malik Hooker will be the one covering Ertz. I expect to see Wentz  get Ertz involved in the passing game, so it's important to have good coverage. Not sure what to expect from the Eagles' running game. 

According to GMF, Washington's defense is # 4 in the NFL. I didn't realize that. 

@teganslaw

Hi! Should be a good game today!

It is raining right now and cool. The Eagles are missing RBs Sproles and Ajayi. Clement is a bit banged up but should be playing. I agree that Wentz will go often to Ertz. Jordan Matthews, too. 

I think Wentz will do very well... but I hope the offensive line will be much improved from last week! And our defense was very sloppy against TB so they really have to step it up today.

Luck has been looking very sharp ... as has your defense. The Colts were most impressive against the Redskins.

So I picked  the Eagles ... but will not be surprised at all if your Colts win! Frank Reich has lots of inside info on the Eagles, lol ... we miss him here in Philly! It should be a good game!Woman Happy

That is something about the defense for the Redskins!

Our games here in Philly are the Colts/Eagles at 1 on FOX; the Cowboys/Seahawks at 4:25 on FOX; the Rams/Chargers on CBS around 4; and Patriots/Lions tonight on NBC.

I will be watching the FedEx golf on NBC after the Eagles/Colts to see if Tiger will hold his lead and win!

Enjoy!!

Honored Contributor

our televised games today......

early afternoon  cbs 1pm et

broncos at ravens (and it is raining yet again here!)

late afternoon fox 4:30pm et

cowboys at seahawks

evening nbc 8:20pm et

patriots at lions

(not sure why we are only getting three games today on network stations? i do have nfl network and red zone though.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

The Eagles don't have to worry about Carson Wentz; he's looking good. The brace isn't stopping him from moving around. 

I like some of the defensive moves the Colts are making. They seem to concentrate covering the TE's, although sometimes players are left wide open. The Colts have no running game, but then the Eagles are tops in preventing the run. That really isn't a surprise. Penalties are the reason the game is so close.  I can tell the difference with Reich as coach. 

Redskins looking good against GB. Rodgers isn't 100%. 

What is happening in Minnesota? Buffalo ahead 27-0. I have Cousins on one of my fantasy lineups, that was a mistake. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

tons of penalties in the broncos/ravens game, 2 minutes left. 20 total penalties so far in the game.

3rd and one to make it to a first down and the two minute warning. flacco says "i got this" and makes a first down with a couple of extra to spare. Smiley Wink

happy birthday john harbaugh.

we now have three straight on the road!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Not a pretty game for the Eagles, but a win is a win.

Not a pretty game for the Eagles, but a win is a win.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

yessssssss @Spurt

thank you for picking the broncos!!!!! Smiley TongueSmiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Too many penalties. Luck didn't have a great game, but they still made it close. The Colts aren't relying on Luck to carry the game like before. The new system is more balanced, and I like what Eberflus has done with the defense. However, Luck and Ebron just can't get on the same page. Maybe that will improve as time goes on.  Gardenman, take the win however you can get it. The Colts helped them with all the defensive penalties in the final quarter. 

I can't believe how Wentz moved out of the pocket so easily. He was able to get away and make some nice throws. 

Mark Twain