Honored Contributor

Re: Week Three of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

@sunshine45 wrote:

yessssssss @Spurt

thank you for picking the broncos!!!!! Smiley TongueSmiley LOL

@sunshine45

So now you know who the jinx was Smiley Wink 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:
Jimmy Garoppolo is thought to have torn both his ACL and MCL and be gone for the year. That's tough news for the Niners.

@gardenman

Kyle Shannahan cant get a break with his QBs.........(no pun intended).............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:
Brady does not like to lose and will make his displeasure known. That was kind of an interesting week three. The Giants found a way to win a game. The Cowboys and Dak continue to look unimpressive. Carson Wentz was back to being Carson Wentz and willing the Eagles to win. Earl Thomas is trying to force the Seahawks into trading him. He had his best game of the year against the Cowboys who are said to be his most ardent suitors. Consider that game a job interview for him.

@gardenman

And at what price would the Cowboys have to pay to get Thomas????????  And our late night sports show guy was saying that the Cowboys need help on offense more than defense...Dak looked like a rag doll, the o-line isnt as good as in past years, and the Cowboys rank 30th in all categories on offense except for the running game.....

Of course, "coach" Jerry Jones says the Cowboys just weren't aggressive enough....as he continues to look through his rose colored glasses at his team...........

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The Lions looked great last night. Maybe facing his former team helped Matt Patricia prepare so well. The Patriots seemed lost; they don't look like the team of previous years. 

One bad thing is that the Colts face the Patriots in a couple weeks and if NE loses again they will most likely take their frustration out on the Colts. 

Posters on the Colts forum are concerned about the strength of Luck's arm. Brissett came in the last play of the game to throw a Hail Mary pass into the end zone. It seemed that Luck's shoulder isn't well enough to handle long passes. Luck said that he had "no qualms" with Brissett coming in the game. I'm  not sure what is going on with that, although Luck didn't play very well. 

@teganslaw

I was a bit concerned too when I heard that about putting Brissett in because he had a stronger arm...and also what Luck said in the post game interview...but maybe they are being extra cautious and its early in the season.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW---What an NFL upset weekend!!!!!

CONGRATS! to WINNING fans-- @yellowBeetle @gardenman @sunshine45 

@Shelbelle @redwingsgal  and anyone I missed....

And my Redskins .......who was that team in burgundy and gold on the field???.......HTTR!

efd6a6428c692944f2a051c028cdd7f7.jpg

Of course it helps to have Aaron Rodgers playing hurt (the Pack needs a better backup)......

And what happened to Capt Kirk and the Vikes????  Met by Klingon forces wearing Bill's uniforms and a young rookie at the helm!!!

And also bad showing by the Jaguars can only mean bad showing by Bortles......you hear that...thats right....Jalen Ramsey has been silenced!!!

How bout those Lions!  ---  Beli's former pupil was well prepared to meet his teacher---

Drew Brees woke up but where's their defense??????

And can Andy Reid and Mahomes stay on pace....Andy's teams start out strong then fizzle...so stay tuned.... In meantime, enjoy the ride Chief fans and your spectacular start.......

Dolphin doubters take notice...........

Will 49ers make a play for Nick Foles???????????????

And injuries will hurt the Rams..........

Texans need to release Watson....he needs to use his mobility more .....

How bout those Ravens!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

Word is the Cowboys offered a second round pick for Earl Thomas, but the Seahawks are insisting on a first round pick. If the Cowboys pony up a first round pick it should be a high one the way the Cowboys are playing.

Andrew Luck's arm strength is a cause for concern. Defensive coaches chart every throw and will soon start shortening the field if they know Luck's range is limited. Josh Allen threw a ball 80+ yards at the end of his pre-draft workout. That forces defenses to cover receivers 80 yards down the field. If the QB can only throw the ball forty yards, the defense only has to protect those 40 yards. A quarterback with limited range makes life easier for defenses. If you know the QB can't throw the ball deep, you don't have to cover receivers deep.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

You can knock me down with a feather today!!!

Way to go, Lions!!!   RESTORE THE ROAR!!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt

I think that makes lots of sense for the 49ers to try and get Foles. Not sure how it would work out contractually, but certainly now that Wentz is back, the Eagles could have Sudfeld as the main backup.

I think the key is whether Foles would want it, if offered. He was interviewed last week by one of our local stations and said he is enjoying and embracing his new behind-the-scenes supportive role ... and he reiterated how much he and his wife love the Philly area.

But I think it would be a wonderful opportunity for him if he were asked. Of course it probably would be for just one year as we assume Garoppolo will return next season. But maybe then Foles could move to the supportive backup role again, this time in SF ... or he could move to another team.

Interesting idea ... thanks for mentioning the possibility!Woman Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

interesting stat.....

RAVENS are the only team left in the league this season that has scored every time they have been in the red zone. 12/12!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

interesting stat.....

RAVENS are the only team left in the league this season that has scored every time they have been in the red zone. 12/12!

I didn't know that. Impressive because it's not always easy to score when faced with certain defenses. 

Despite some problems, I enjoy watching the Colts play this season. Their defense has been rocking, and I like Reich's attitude. There are things to work out: new system, coaches, Luck has a way to go yet with arm strength, but the team seems resilient and supports each other. And, of course, there is always Vinatieri. 

I'm pulling for Tampa to win tonight. Fitzpatrick is on one of my fantasy lineups, so i want him to have another good game. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain