Honored Contributor

Re: Week Thirteen of the 20921 NFL Regular Season!!!

When someone shows you who they are, believe them. Antonio Brown has shown everyone who he truly is multiple times. He's a very talented football player, but a knucklehead. You don't change who people are. In some cases, they can mature their way past their issues, but in Brown's case, he's way past the maturing past it part. He is just a knucklehead. He's going to be a knucklehead when he's ninety and in a nursing home. It's just who he is. Brady can do many things, changing someone else's nature isn't one of them. Brown is who he is. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Cowboys get more of their starters and their mojo back even in the midst of the Covid mess.  Always good to get those road wins!

Esteemed Contributor

Jalen Hurts is questionable to play because of an ankle injury. He insists that he'll play through it, but last I read, Sirianni isn't sure. They might go with Gardner Minshew. This might a game day decision. 

DeForest Buckner, Jack Doyle and Andrew Sendejo are all questionable for the Colts. No one has been ruled out.

Brandin Cooks is questionable for the Texans. He'll most likely play; there is no one else the Texans can rely upon. 

Watching Thursday game, I didn't know that Taysom Hill was so mobile. The Saints kept it close most of time despite their many injuries. 

Micah Parsons is on his way to DROY honors. He is a beast. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Yeah, Micah Parsons is the closest thing we've seen to Lawrence Taylor since Lawrence Taylor. He's a dominant player. Like Taylor though, he also has personal demons he's going to have to keep in check and Dallas isn't the best place for a player with demons. The Cowboys don't have a reputation of stabilizing players with checkered pasts. How he handles this coming offseason will be telling. Can he stay out of trouble and keep himself available for the Cowboys, or will he be another guy who goes from suspension to suspension? 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

I agree with you, too many coaches are STUCK in "their system" rather than fitting the system to FIT their QB's abilities and talents and the results is a square peg in a round hole.....If you are going to draft a QB BOTH the Coach and GM have to be on the same page to make the young QB a success....put the pieces around the QB that FIT!!!.

There comes a point in Andy Reid's tenure that the players and especially the QB starts tuning Andy out, and they start thinking up their own modifications to the game plan.....Then the teams realize they dont need Andy anymore, time for a change at the HC spot!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Yeah, Micah Parsons is the closest thing we've seen to Lawrence Taylor since Lawrence Taylor. He's a dominant player. Like Taylor though, he also has personal demons he's going to have to keep in check and Dallas isn't the best place for a player with demons. The Cowboys don't have a reputation of stabilizing players with checkered pasts. How he handles this coming offseason will be telling. Can he stay out of trouble and keep himself available for the Cowboys, or will he be another guy who goes from suspension to suspension? 

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Yep, thats the question on Parsons.....and the character of Parson's teammates  (GM Jerry likes the "bad boys") might not be the best influencers for Parsons to be around.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman 

I agree with you, too many coaches are STUCK in "their system" rather than fitting the system to FIT their QB's abilities and talents and the results is a square peg in a round hole.....If you are going to draft a QB BOTH the Coach and GM have to be on the same page to make the young QB a success....put the pieces around the QB that FIT!!!.

@Spurt 

Yeah, the successful kids coming out of college don't forget how to be a QB in the NFL. More often than not they just end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Andy Reid is genius at tailoring a system to fit the kid. He always gets the most out of a kid QB. It may take him a week or two to adjust, but he adjusts and the kid thrives. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Yep, thats the question on Parsons.....and the character of Parson's teammates  (GM Jerry likes the "bad boys") might not be the best influencers for Parsons to be around.....

@Spurt 

And after this season, Parsons is going to be a star in Dallas. All of the wrong kind of people will flock to him. How he handles this offseason will tell us a lot about his future. He came into the league with some big question marks regarding his character. Dallas may not be the ideal location for a player with his tendencies to land. And like you said, his teammates may not be the best influence on him also. It's going to be an interesting offseason for Parsons. That February-April time slot where they're not in touch with the team could be a problem.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The Bucs suspended Antonio Brown, S Mike Edwards and free agent John Franklin three games for violating Covid protocols. The statement said that they misrepresented their vaccination status. None of the players are appealing. 

Brown's former chef accused him of obtaining a fake vaccination card. Apparently, they also had  a falling out where the chef said that Brown owed him around $10,000. Brown's attorney said that his client was vaccinated, so I don't understand about the fake card. I guess this is different from Aaron Rodgers' situation since Rodgers never was suspended. 

I thought that Tom Brady vouched for AB and that he was going to improve his attitude with Brady's help. That didn't seem to work as expected. 

@gardenman 

That says a lot when a player wont even listen to Tom Brady.....AB is just a mess.....a talented one, but none the less, he is destroying his NFL career on his own!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

The Bucs suspended Antonio Brown, S Mike Edwards and free agent John Franklin three games for violating Covid protocols. The statement said that they misrepresented their vaccination status. None of the players are appealing. 

Brown's former chef accused him of obtaining a fake vaccination card. Apparently, they also had  a falling out where the chef said that Brown owed him around $10,000. Brown's attorney said that his client was vaccinated, so I don't understand about the fake card. I guess this is different from Aaron Rodgers' situation since Rodgers never was suspended. 

I thought that Tom Brady vouched for AB and that he was going to improve his attitude with Brady's help. That didn't seem to work as expected. 

@gardenman 

That says a lot when a player wont even listen to Tom Brady.....AB is just a mess.....a talented one, but none the less, he is destroying his NFL career on his own!

AB is 33 years old. He is who he is. He has always been a knucklehead and he in all likelihood will always be a knucklehead. He's a good football player, but he's a knucklehead. By 33, with a third of his life gone, he's not going to change. What you see is what you get. A whole lot of people think "I can change that person," only to find out that you can't. People are who they are. AB is a knucklehead. He's not going to change now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!