Honored Contributor

Re: Week Thirteen of the 20921 NFL Regular Season!!!

Gardner Minshew is on fire today. No real surprise there. The Eagles forgot to bring the defense to the game however. The defense is as flat as can be so far. God willing, they wake up for the second half.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Final score: Colts 31-Texans 0. The Texan defense did OK the first half. They managed to contain Taylor and stopped the Colts running game. Then the second half happened and everything fell apart for Houston. Jonathan Taylor scored two touchdowns and had 143 yards. Wentz had another good game. 

The Colts defense was stellar. Tyrod Taylor was benched in the 3rd quarter for Davis Mills. The Texans did nothing on offense, thanks to the Colts. 

Wentz was pulled in the final minutes of the fourth quarter because they were so far ahead. I don't think he got 75% snaps yet, but should be able to in week 15. I'm sure the Eagles are watching to see when this happens, so they will get the first round pick. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

A good win for the Eagles. Back to back games at "Tear Up Your Knee Field" has cost us six players now with ankle/knee injuries. They really need to rethink that turf.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Kudos to the Lions for finding a way to win. They cut it close, but they got the win.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WHEW----Let me get my breathe after that nerve wracking game-----OMG!  🥴🥴 Cant believe my WFT hung on to get the win!!!   I wasnt happy with the offensive play calling.....but hey we found someone that can make FGs and PATS!!!= And despite being short handed there were some defensive plays that were made that were key to the WIN  

@teganslaw @gardenman 

CONGRATS TO THE COLTS AND EAGLES! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Kudos to the Lions for finding a way to win. They cut it close, but they got the win.

@gardenman 

Happy for the long suffering Lion fans! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Congrats to the winning teams! I'll watch some of the non area games on NFL Game Pass the next few days. 

Ravens-Steelers was good. Those two teams are fun to watch.  There were some bad calls by the officials (the catch by Johnson didn't show enough evidence to overturn it IMO). A Steelers loss would have helped the Colts' playoff chances, but that's how things go.

Also, what was Harbaugh thinking going for two at the end? The Ravens have the best kicker in the NFL; the game would have gone into overtime, where the Ravens have done well. Didn't get that at all. 

Lamar Jackson looks off in his playing. Not sure if it's him or the coaching. All those sacks didn't help, either. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

what a disappointing game.......especially at the end. i was shocked when they went for two points and it almost happened, but that throw was a bit off and it just could not happen.

harbaugh is looking out for his players and he said that that is why he did not go for the tie at that point. we are pretty much depleted in cornerbacks at this point and we now have another major loss with humphrey probably out for the rest of the season. he just did not think the offense could take another possible ten minutes on the field. injuries have plagued us from the beginning of the season. 

some are saying he is crazy, some praised him for making the call.

we are still sitting in first due to the bengals loss, but our division is getting even tighter and we have another important game next week against the browns who just had their bye......so they are nice and rested.

congrats to all who had winners this week! @Spurt  the WFT is really surprising me! that win takes them just a bit closer!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The playoff race is going to be fun to watch this year. The Eagles and WFT both control their own playoff destinies. If either one wins out, they're in the playoffs. And they play each other twice. Up next for the WFT are the Cowboys in a big game next Sunday. Then they play the Eagles, Cowboys (again), Eagles (again), and the Giants. You just know the Giants want to knock out the WFT in week eighteen after they missed the playoffs to the WFT last year.

The Eagles finally get their bye this week, then the WFT, Giants, WFT, and Cowboys. Getting a late bye can hurt up until now, but now it can be a big boost. Get healthy and refreshed for that final four-game dash. The Eagles will want to crush the Giants after losing to them last week in a game they shouldn't have lost.

The Eagles are a bit dinged up after two straight games at Tear Up Your Knee Field. Center Jason Kelce is a big question mark. He didn't look good leaving the field yesterday and was in a walking boot after the game. A conventional, lower ankle sprain might be the best-case scenario. A high ankle sprain might have him done for the year. The good news is Brandon Brooks might be back after the bye. We'll learn more about the injuries later today. We've got decent o-line depth though. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Occasional Contributor

This NFL season just keeps getitng wilder and wilder. I can't wait for the madness the playoffs will have in store.