Honored Contributor

Re: Week Thirteen of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw@gardenman

The Cowboys were in a fight until Matt Ryan decided to help with not only 3 INTS but great opportunities for easy scores and a short field....Hey Mr. Irsay maybe you should've kept Wentz....🤔 Sorry about your Colts

@gardenman

To paraphrase Princess Leah in Star Wars....."Philadelphia Eagles you are our only hope to BEAT THE COWBOYS and make sure they don't get to the Super Bowl as the NFC representative!!!!"....FLY EAGLES FLY

Washington's biggest obstacle in that game with the Giants was Washington's OC, Scott Turner....even Tim with the YouTube show agreed and couldn't believe some of the play calling....We were missing some guys with injuries on D....but it looked like the D-line was thinking about Santa rather than the game....Payne finally showed up with a key sack....Sweat and Allen where were you....

Bad blow for the 49ers and Jimmy G......Jimmy has so much bad luck.....

How about my cat Figgy's BENGALS-- Joe Cool and their D made the plays and stopped Mahomes...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One thing that was a bit shocking on our local late night sports show was the dissing of a NFL QB by our local guys...and no it wasn't The Texans, although they did call them a mess--- but H Town is always in some kind of a mess...(even winning the MLB WORLD SERIES they are still known as cheaters to sports fans everywhere because of what happened in their other Championship win)..BUT this time the gang ragged on Kyle Murray of the Cardinals.....they called him a diva, selfish, narssistic and thinking only of himself (they said they are getting the inside scoop from media friends in Phoenix)....they did defend and like Kingsbury....they urged the Cardinals to find a way to dump Murray and keep the coach....Now this has nothing to do with Murray dumping Texas A&M and moving on to Oklahoma --- the sports gang spends a few minutes making fun of Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies and how A&M is stuck with Fisher and that huge contract they gave him.

@gardenman

And a big shout out to the UTSA ROADRUNNERS---- CONFERENCE USA CHAMPIONS---second year in a row.

48 to 27 over North Texas State. The Roadrunner's QB , Frank Harris he will be an interesting prospect to keep an eye on--the games MVP----he does have one more year of eligibility but could decide to move on to the next level---- he has all the skills for today's NFL offense---strong arm, smart, accurate and mobile...he would need to build up in the weight room a bit...he's a good character guy too....Taliq Woolen may not be the only Roadrunner with a good NFL career ..keep an eye out!!!.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

The new contract for Kyler Murray that had an unprecedented "study clause" in it opened a lot of eyes around the league. You don't typically need a clause like that in a contract. You pretty much have to throw most QBs out of the film room rather than lock them in it. The Cards reversed that clause pretty quickly, but it was pretty apparent they felt Murray wasn't doing enough film study.

His play is a bit erratic. He can look great, or awful. The Cards need to figure out something. Either hope he matures or find someone willing to take him. I've never been a Kingsbury fan, but I'm not sure he's the problem.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman@teganslaw

And the opposite of Murray----Taliq Woolen had his 6th INT and set a Seahawks rookie record....In his press conference Taliq talked about how far he's come from being drafted to his play today and credited his Seahawk teammates and all the work he's put in --- in the film room, otas, training camp and working with his coaches....in Week13 he had a deep pass break up of John Wolford key play in Seahawks win....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What the heck happened Sunday night?!! I turned off the game at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Then I saw the final score.......

If I'm absent from the message board it's because I'm searching for a "Men in Black" neuralyzer to wipe the memory of this past game. The Colts bye week can't come soon enough.

It looks like the Panthers are releasing Baker Mayfield. Wonder what's next for him.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

The Colts are in trouble. They need a few QBs, and a better defense. Matt Ryan did not have a good game.

Someone will grab Baker Mayfield. He's always been a winner. He's not a bad QB. He took the Browns to the playoffs. I wouldn't be upset if a team I supported picked him up. (Look for the Niners to claim him if he falls that far.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

lamar was labeled "week to week" today, so who knows what that means. in the meantime, we have added a backup to the backup as we did last year. we are in for a tough ride!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

"Week to week" is worse than day to day. When they go "week to week" it's typically two to four weeks, maybe more. The schedule isn't horrible. Two games with the Steelers who are young and learning to play. They'll be better next year than they are now, but are beatable now.  A game against the Falcons who may be inclined to start their kid QB at some point. The Browns with Watson who didn't look very good last week. Ending with the Bengals who may/probably will have a playoff spot wrapped up and be resting their starters.

I would expect the Ravens to win three of those games anyway, and maybe all five. (Assuming the Bengals are resting their starters in week seventeen.) Three wins would have the Ravens at 11-6 (at worse) and in the playoffs with a then healthy (healthier) Lamar Jackson back and ready to go.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

A big thank you to the Bucs for coming back at the very end and knocking off the Saints. That moves the Saints' first-round pick, now owned by the Eagles, to number five. They have a bye this coming week then play the Falcons, Browns, Eagles, and Panthers. Maybe two wins in that pool of games (Falcons and Panthers)? That would leave them at 6-11 and still a top-ten draft pick but probably outside the top five.

If the Saints were to lose out (hard to lose to the Panthers these days) and stayed at four wins and the Bears, Rams, and Broncos got a win or two, the Eagles could end up with the second overall pick in the draft. That would be fun.

Where will Baker Mayfield land? Everyone assumes someone will claim him. And they're probably right. The Niners make the most sense. The Rams could claim him just to annoy the Niners. The Lions and Vikings are being mentioned a bit also. The Colts should think about it. He's better than what they have. The same with the Saints. Baker asked to be released and the Panthers complied. The Texans might put in a claim for him. Baker's not a bad QB, he's a bit too much of a gunslinger at times, but with the right coaching in the right system, he could do well.

We saw something of a free-agent frenzy take place Monday as teams snatched up the available free-agent QBs to keep them from other teams. Baker is better than those that were signed, so someone will put in a claim for him. Andy Reid loves QB reclamation projects and can live with a gunslinger at QB. I doubt that Mayfield would fall far enough for Andy to make the claim, but you never know.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

An article listed things we know in the NFL after week 13:

The Bengals are better than the Chiefs. Tony Dungy says that the Chiefs can't rely on Patrick Mahomes to win them games. They need to improve in defense and other ways.

The Cowboys are the best team in the NFC. Despite their record, the Eagles have a more diffcult time winning than the Cowboys. The Colts game is one example. (Words to that effect.) 

San Francisco's playoff dreams have ended with Jimmy G's injury. 

The above was an opinion piece, have to see how accurate the writer is. 

The Colts are #9 in the draft pick. Went up a few slots after week 13. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain