Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Thirteen of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

The Jets fired DC Gregg Williams. If the team was really trying to tank, wouldn't Williams' call be the right one? Because of it, the Jets lost. 

Philip Rivers will most likely have foot surgery after the season. He has a plantar plate rupture on his foot, which he's been dealing with since week 11. Rivers says he still plans to play and is managing the injury week by week. If it gets too much for him, Brissett is ready to take over. That makes things uncertain because Brissett's contract is up next year, and Rivers has a one year contract. Maybe Eason would take over, but it's too early to say for sure. Everything depends on Rivers' surgery. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@redwingsgal 

WOW!!! How bout them LIONS!!!!  CONGRATS! 

Thanks, @Spurt !  It was a great day-after-birthday gift!  But now we just opened the door for A Rodg and his team......

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Yeah, the Cowboys supporters were a bit delusional this year. They got weaker at a lot of positions and stronger at none. That's not the recipe for success. They lost an all pro corner, a good safety, their best defensive end, their best center, and more.

Rather than cut Elliott, their best option is to play him. Use him up. He's the type of back who's best with 25+ carries a game. They're trying to preserve him. Forget that, use him up. Keep handing him the ball. He'll rack up big numbers, but get burned out, then discard him. You'll pay him the same either way, so use him up.

The Eagles will (had better) move on from Jason Peters, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery, and likely a few other vets, but to be honest, that'll be addition by subtraction. We've got guys hanging on the roster dragging the team down. Cut the dead weight and move on. Commit to the kids and move on. 

The Jets have a death grip on that first overall pick. Firing Gregg Williams is just a prelude to the gutting of their staff that's to come. They see Trevor Lawrence as a generational talent and have been without a top-tier QB since Namath, so they're not going to win unless they have to. They want him badly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@redwingsgal 

WOW!!! How bout them LIONS!!!!  CONGRATS! 

Thanks, @Spurt !  It was a great day-after-birthday gift!  But now we just opened the door for A Rodg and his team......

@redwingsgal 

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! 

happy-birthday-glitter.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I hate the Cowboys were forced to play tomorrow night.  That interfers with other shows on TV I want to watch!  Ha!  If Jackson does play for the Ravens the Cowboys could be embarrassed.  Now with the 3 main starters on the offensive line out it's going to be really difficult for the offense to get going.  Giants are looking good to win the East (although at this point is there really a "winner" in the NFC East?) They had an impressive win yesterday in Seattle.  I'm still thinking it's best for the Cowboys to just lose the rest of the games and get high draft picks.  Not saying they shouldn't try, they just don't have the personnel to do well at this point.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

What the critics are saying about Elliott and even some Cowboy fans want him gone too--He fumbles, he can't break runs, he can't break tackles and he can't make guys miss. He's a guy that pushes for first downs.  It sounds like they OVERPAID for him....Now the Cowboys are going to have to make a decision to cut their loses or settle in a game plan for what he CAN do, but they don't have the O line they once did....sounds like a recurring theme....

Well my Redskins arent doing good against the Steelers the game is not being broadcast here....But from what I understand we lost our double threat RB/WB Gibson with a toe injury....Woman Sad.... AND the defense is making STUPID PENALTIES which is helping to move the Steelers right down the field....😡

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

could not get the STEELERS/REDSKINS game here in the baltimore area and i was upset.

BUT WOW.......the REDSKINS did it!!!!! what a great game for them to win!!!! i had to follow it just online and via sports shows. they will show the game after the fact on NFL NETWORK. will be interested in watching the 4th quarter.

@Spurt  are you stunned?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

could not get the STEELERS/REDSKINS game here in the baltimore area and i was upset.

BUT WOW.......the REDSKINS did it!!!!! what a great game for them to win!!!! i had to follow it just online and via sports shows. they will show the game after the fact on NFL NETWORK. will be interested in watching the 4th quarter.

@Spurt  are you stunned?

@sunshine45 

I was so mad the game wasn't shown....Yep, I am in TOTAL SHOCK....especially within the first few minutes of the game when we lost our main running back!!!  I had asked Santa for a special Christmas gift and I GOT IT Woman Very Happy  WOW!!!!  I had to follow the action on ESPN's gamecast ya know the field where they simulate where the ball is and give you a play by play by a written account...It looks like the D came through on some key stops!!!   This coaching staff is the real deal, and the players have bought in to what Rivera's been saying...  And hey @sunshine45  we beat your dreaded rival....  WHEW!!! Im gonna celebrate....  My sister the Giants fan sent a text she was not happy with my team's win!!

Take Care!

Trusted Contributor

I don't think Cowboy fans, for the most part, are delusional or living in fantasy land.

We all go into a new season with high hopes, that doesn't mean

we don't know what will be lacking when we hit the field.  The delusional hype I see

is coming from those on these full of nonsense sport shows. The fans I chat

with keep things real and seem so much more knowledgeable than those

on tv who like to run their mouths, or even those who get a DC paycheck.

OK, I called it. I don't like it but I'll say it....Congrat WFT.

It was on TV in my area, but I didn't watch.

I don't know if Wash. played that good, or if the Steelers had an off night.

I hope they come back next week - I think they play Buffalo.

@redwingsgal  Happy Belated Birthday. 

I'm a Dec. baby also.  

Honored Contributor

Kudos to the WFT and Giants for getting wins and moving farther back in the draft order. Now I need the Cowboys to get the win today to knock them back behind the Eagles in the draft. While it's not impossible for the Eagles to still win the NFC East, it's by far the best for them if they just roll over, play dead, and get a top-five draft pick to help rebuild the franchise.

It looks like we'll be getting some new team executives, as Doug Pederson will either quit or be fired, if you can believe the rumors. And frankly, the offensive coaching this year has been fairly abysmal. Doug looks and acts unhappy. There's no creativity, they're not trying to help the players by putting them in the best situation, they keep putting guys who can't perform on the field, it's just a mess. 

I'm not generally a "Fire the coach!" kind of guy. I thought letting Andy go was a mistake and I thought letting Chip Kelly go was premature. Unless Doug gets his head out of his nether regions, he needs to go.

You've got a mobile QB who's most effective out of the pocket, so you plant him in the pocket behind a porous offensive line every play instead of letting him use his mobility. Defensive linemen and linebackers know where Wentz will be and just charge to his spot. Wentz is a sitting duck back there.

Every defense is playing mostly man defense against you and you don't run man beater routes to get the receivers open. It's not a mystery what defenses are doing. There are ways to counter it, we're just not doing it.

Jason Peters and Alshon Jeffery were valuable contributors at one point, but now they're hindrances. Loyalty is great for a coach, but you've got to do what's best for the team and right now, that's parking those guys. They're cooked. We've got kids who play better at their spots when given the chance, so why keep playing the old guys? 

This is a team in a death spiral. The only real way to fix things is to make a change at the top. Now, whether that change is Doug shaking off whatever the heck has got a hold of him, or replacing him is up in the air, but this team as they're now coached is a mess on offense. The defense is respectable, but the offense is a disaster. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!