Honored Contributor

Re: Week Thirteen of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose @teganslaw @gardenman 

It looks like the Texans have set up a TEAM to help them find a HC and GM------Here's the group----

Texans chairman and CEO Cal McNair announced in a letter sent to season-ticket holders the formation of the group with notable advisors: Pro Football Hall of Fame coaches Tony Dungy and Jimmy Johnson, Texans Ring of Honor member Andre Johnson, San Antonio Spurs CEO R.C. Buford, and Fritz Pollard Alliance executive director Rod Graves. The team made such information public via its official site Tuesday. The group of advisors will work with search firm Korn Ferry, and will also include McNair and Texans president Jamey Rootes.

I wonder how Jerry Jones feels about Jimmy Johnson advising THE TEXANS....It's wierd that they included SPURS CEO, R.C. Buford, but he's put together a successful organization....

Dungy and Jimmy Johnson provide coaching expertise, as evidenced by their Hall of Fame credentials, while Andre Johnson knows the franchise better than anyone from a player perspective, having played there from 2003-2014.

Buford has demonstrated his personnel expertise from decades spent with the Spurs, winning four titles from 2003-2014, and understands the Texas sporting scene having been in San Antonio since 1988.

Graves understands Houston as a city as well as anyone, attending high school in Houston and college at Texas Tech in Lubbock before eventually serving as general manager of the Arizona Cardinals from 2002-2012, which included a run to Super Bowl XLIII.

The Texans are still picking up the pieces from the O'Brien era, which ended unspectacularly with his in-season firing following a horrid start to the 2020 season. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman Who would ever think we'd be rooting for each other's team to win?

Ha!  But that's what it's come down to this season, hoping our teams can get better

draft picks!

Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

Ha!  But that's what it's come down to this season, hoping our teams can get better

draft picks!

Yeah, when you know your team won't make the playoffs, or last long if they do, then draft position becomes a priority. Whichever team wins the east will be drafting nineteenth or lower. The other teams are likely in the top five to ten of the draft. There's a big difference between the two.

If things go just right for the Eagles, they could draft third. That could be fun. 

Jalen Hurts is getting the start on Sunday, so that'll be interesting. A local radio station did a Twitter poll asking people to like or retweet for Hurts or Wentz and Fletcher Cox preferred Wentz, which was interesting. You would assume the players would be "no comment" but Cox commented in favor of Wentz.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

wow, what is up with the DALLAS kicker zuerlein tonight? i actually felt so badly for him with his misses.

i felt worse for him than when JTUCK had a rare miss tonight that broke a 70 streak inside 40 yards.

"Joe Buck with the biggest announcer jinx of all time on Justin Tucker smh" pic.twitter.com/agjSSzGmfk

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Good game by the Ravens. When Joe Buck made that announcement about Justin Tucker, I thought it might curse him. It happens so often that when announcers give statistics it backfires on the player. 

Is Wentz benched for the rest of the year or just this one game? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

wow, what is up with the DALLAS kicker zuerlein tonight? i actually felt so badly for him with his misses.

i felt worse for him than when JTUCK had a rare miss tonight that broke a 70 streak inside 40 yards.

"Joe Buck with the biggest announcer jinx of all time on Justin Tucker smh" pic.twitter.com/agjSSzGmfk

@sunshine45 

Yep, I felt bad for JTUCK when he missed that FG...maybe he's been singing Ave Maria one too many times and got worn out....but hey your Ravens won--CONGRATS! 😃

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

WFT Gibson is doubtful with "turf toe"................Smiley Sad 

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@soonersis wrote:

draft picks!

Yeah, when you know your team won't make the playoffs, or last long if they do, then draft position becomes a priority. Whichever team wins the east will be drafting nineteenth or lower. The other teams are likely in the top five to ten of the draft. There's a big difference between the two.

If things go just right for the Eagles, they could draft third. That could be fun. 

Jalen Hurts is getting the start on Sunday, so that'll be interesting. A local radio station did a Twitter poll asking people to like or retweet for Hurts or Wentz and Fletcher Cox preferred Wentz, which was interesting. You would assume the players would be "no comment" but Cox commented in favor of Wentz.

@gardenman Well I guess I got my wish with that Cowboy's defeat.  Exactly what I thought would happen but still it's hard to watch and actually hope your team loses.  

That's a first for me.

Being an OU fan it was exciting for me to see Hurts play and then read he's getting

the start Sunday.  He's a class act, and as much as I wish he wasn't playing for a 

divisional rival I wish nothing but the best for him.

Honored Contributor

Jalen Hurts is a great guy. I just hope the coaches don't destroy him. They need to put competent guys on the field with him. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!