Honored Contributor

Week Thirteen of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

Sharp observers may have noticed that I'm now calling this the "Irregular Season" in the title and that's largely because here I am on a Wednesday doing the week thirteen picks and the final week twelve game is being played later this afternoon. This is not a regular season. For example, this week's Thursday night game is now pushed all the way back to next Tuesday. Sure, makes sense to me.

So, our first game this week is a pretty good game between the Browns and Titans. Both teams are 8-3 and looking pretty good. I'm going to pick the Titans in this one simply because they're more consistent. The Browns could beat anyone at any given time, but they can also lose to anyone at any given time. I'll take the Titans in this one.

The Raiders get something of a bye in taking on the Jets. This is a game the Jets could actually win. The Raiders coming east for an early Sunday game is often a bad omen for a west coast team. And the Raiders are a bit up and down as a team. They've lost two in a row. But the Jets really don't want to lose that first overall pick in the draft. I'll take the Raiders.

The Jaguars take on the Vikings in what should be an easy win for the Vikings. The Jaguars have a death grip on that second overall pick in the draft and by God, they don't want to let it go. I'll take the Vikings.

The Bengals take on the Dolphins. I've got to go with the Dolphins in this one. They're playing good football.,

The Colts take on the Texans. The Texans are showing some signs of life so this won't be an easy game for the Colts, but I'll take the Colts anyway and hope for the best.

The Lions take on the Bears to see who can extend their losing streak. The Bears have lost five in a row and the Lions have only lost two in a row, but the Lions flushed their head coach and GM. Will that help them or hurt them? I guess I'll take the Bears.

The Saints take on the Falcons. The Saints aren't playing the same without Drew Brees, but they're still winning. The Falcons could give them a good fight, but I'll take the Saints.

The Giants head to Seattle to continue to show the league the mediocrity of the NFC East this year. The Seahawks should win big. I'll take Seattle.

The Rams take on the Cards in a big NFC West showdown. Who will win? I don't know. I guess I'll take the Rams.

The Patriots take on the Chargers in what I suspect the schedule makers thought could be a playoff preview. Yeah, not so much. The Chargers have their QB of the future in Herbert. The Patriots, not so much. I'm taking the Chargers in this one.

The Eagles head to Green Bay to get slaughtered. In a normal season, this could be a big road win for the Eagles. They could, maybe, possibly win this week, but I'm picking the Packers. The Eagles are as close to a dead team as it's possible to be right now. They're playing with no confidence, no pride, no emotion, and they're getting killed. I'll take the Packers. (But I'll still be cheering for the Eagles. Come on guys, it's another nationally televised game. Don't embarrass your fans yet again.)

The Broncos go to KC to get slaughtered. The Chiefs pretty much can't be beaten by other teams, they have to do stupid stuff to lose. I don't see them doing stupid stuff on Sunday night. I'll take the Chiefs.

Up next is the first of our two Monday night games. Like I said this isn't a regular season. Those guys from DC called the WFT take on the undefeated Steelers. I don't get a good vibe from the WFT heading into this game. I'll take the Steelers.

Our Second MNF game features the Bills at the Niners. The Bills should win, but the Niners have a shot. I'll take the Bills anyway.

And finally, we end week thirteen on a Tuesday with the Cowboys taking on the Ravens. This is not a good week to be an NFC East fan. Our teams take on the Steelers, Ravens, Seahawks, and Packers? Yikes! I would expect whatever is left of the Ravens after the Covid pandemic to be able to handle the Cowboys. I'll take the Ravens.

I'm kind of getting the vibe that every NFC East team is now looking at the schedule and the draft and thinking, "Hmmm....if we win the NFC East the highest we could draft would be nineteen? But the other teams in the East will all be drafting in the top five to ten? Maybe losing out isn't such a bad idea." The top two, maybe the top three picks will be QB's in Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, and Trey Lance. You could be drafting fourth and get the best non QB in the draft. If you're an NFC East GM or owner and you honestly look at the other teams in the playoffs, The odds of you making the Super Bowl are really, really slim. And even if you somehow, magically get to the big game, the odds of beating the Chiefs or Steelers are not good. I think we're looking at lose-a-palooza in the NFC East for the rest of this season. Tough on the fans now, but good for the draft.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Week Thirteen of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

Thak you...I usually agree with most your picks....

Curious...what is your record??

Honored Contributor

@ProudMa wrote:

Thak you...I usually agree with most your picks....

Curious...what is your record??

I have no idea. I don't keep track. I just do it for fun. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Bud Dupree of the Steelers tore his ACL in the game yesterday. NFL.com reports that he's likely done for the season. Likely done for the season? It's a four to six month (at best) injury. He's done for the season unless something dramatic happens. (A visit to Lourdes? Extending the season until June? Divine intervention?) You don't tear your ACL and tape it up and go back out and play. He's done for the season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Rigoberto Sanchez's surgery went well. The cancer hadn't spread to other parts. He still has a lengthy recovery, but they removed the tumor in time. 

Pittsburgh didn't play well. Maybe it was because of the messed up schedule, the rivalry with Baltimore or something else, but they won't go undefeated if they play like they did Wednesday. Losing Dupree doesn't help, either. Their defense is great, but offense needs work. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Steelers' schedule has a few tester games coming up that could give them their first loss or two. This week they have the WFT which shouldn't impede them too much, but then they go to Buffalo. That could be a test for them. Then they get a break with the Bengals before finishing up with the Colts and Browns. The week seventeen games are always a bit iffy as you don't know if one or both teams will already be in the playoffs and saving their starters. If the Browns and Steelers are both playoff-bound they may not want to show the other team much. The Steelers should be favored the rest of the way through the schedule, but they'll likely lose a game or two. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

Yep GARDENMAN you NAILED IT....this season is certainly irregular...as games and players are shuffled around......

Let's make some picks:

Browns vs Titans---It was a statement game for the Titans when they beat the Colts and are now legit contenders....The Browns have improved under their new coach, but as much as I like Baker Mayfield I dont think they have the horse power nor the D to stop that freight train known as Derrick Henry--TITANS for the win!

Raiders vs Jets--- Need I say more---RAIDERS!

Jaguars vs Vikings--- The Vikings finally woke up...and the Jags want to stay at that #2 Draft spot---VIKINGS !

Bengals vs Dolphins--- Even without Burrows, the Bengals were in a close fight with the Giants, meanwhile the Dolphins are surprising a lot of people and playing pretty well---DOLPHINS get another "W"

Colts vs Texans---  The Texans found a surprising way to win!!!  The Colts lost in a tough game with the Titans....But the Colts have a lot more talent---COLTS

Lions vs Bears--- The Lions fired their coach and GM and are in a bit of a flux.  The Bears are a bit of mess too especially at the QB spot---a coin flip---BEARS!

Saints vs Falcons--  The first time around the Falcons got throttled by the Saints...now the Saints are without Brees.  The Falcons played a good game against the Raiders, but I think the Saints will SWEEP this Falcon team...--SAINTS!

Giants vs Seahawks---  Even though the Giants won, it was against a Burrowless Bengals team....and it was a 2 point squeaker.... The Giants first place in the NFC Least will be in jeopardy as the SEAHAWKS win! 

Rams vs Cardinals---  A big game for the NFC West--Cards have stumbled as of late, and the Ram lost to an injury plagued 49er team.....This game could go either way---taking the CARDINALS at home but not with much confidence...

Patriots vs Chargers---- I really like Herbert...Chargers have their QB in place.....west coast traveling east and coming up against Belichick---Im taking the PATRIOTS!

Eagles vs Packers--- The Eagles are a mess, between play calling, injuries, and lack of personnel in several spots going with an easy win for Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau for the PACKERS! 

Broncos vs Chiefs---  Even if the Broncos get at least one QB back from Co-Vid, it wont make any difference going against what looks like the best team in the NFL---CHIEFS!

WFT vs Steelers---  The Steelers are undefeated, but their play on the field doesnt really match their record--they have struggled in some of their wins and played against weak teams.  I really loved the way my WFT put it all together---while it was against a lousy Cowboy team---the offense and defense played well---the key is DONT turn the ball over and dont make stupid penalties---Im going with the upset and taking my WFT for the WIN ~ 

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

Bills vs 49ers--- Aww those scrappy 49ers, despite all their injuries, they managed to beat their rival, the Rams, but the Bills played well last week and they will get another WIN!--BILLS!

Cowboys vs Ravens--- Despite being a cov-id ravaged team the Ravens came back and fought hard against the undefeated Steelers...a team like that should be able to handle the Cowboys and that bad defense...RAVENS!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Bud Dupree of the Steelers tore his ACL in the game yesterday. NFL.com reports that he's likely done for the season. Likely done for the season? It's a four to six month (at best) injury. He's done for the season unless something dramatic happens. (A visit to Lourdes? Extending the season until June? Divine intervention?) You don't tear your ACL and tape it up and go back out and play. He's done for the season.

@gardenman 

Maybe with all these recent co-vid game delays getting through the irregular season might take awhile so Dupree might be ready ..... 😉

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Rigoberto Sanchez's surgery went well. The cancer hadn't spread to other parts. He still has a lengthy recovery, but they removed the tumor in time. 

Pittsburgh didn't play well. Maybe it was because of the messed up schedule, the rivalry with Baltimore or something else, but they won't go undefeated if they play like they did Wednesday. Losing Dupree doesn't help, either. Their defense is great, but offense needs work. 

@teganslaw 

Great news about Sanchez---prayers for a full recovery!

I agree with you and its not just the Ravens game, the Steelers play doesnt match their record which in part is due to an easy schedule....the only contenders they beat are the Titans and Ravens....and Raven games were close.....I think they are more of a "paper tiger"......JMHO

Trusted Contributor

I've said before that I can see the No Names beating the Steelers.

Not that I want that to happen.  Just wouldn't surprise me.

Pittsburgh is my 2nd favorite team, however I want Dallas to get "6"

before Steelers become 7thBurg.  Hopefully in my lifetime that #6 will

happen. 

I think the Ravens could beat the Cowboys with one arm tied behind

their backs. It's still early but so far my gut feeling doesn't disagree.

Best Wishes and Prayers go out to Sanchez. Glad to hear the cancer

hasn't spread.