Honored Contributor

Re: Week Thirteen of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

@teganslaw

When Frank Reich was with the Eagles, the Eagles had an analytics team that would provide Doug Pederson with the odds of going for a first down over taking the field goal. Each week they'd analyze the opponent, the potential situations, game status, and much, much more to be able to give him a go or no go on going for it on fourth down. I would assume Reich has something similar in Indy. The number of variables is huge and really requires a computer (maybe a supercomputer) to sort through to make the right call in each situation. The data gets constantly updated as the game goes on to make sure the head coach has the best possible information. It's a little weird to watch from the outside as sometimes Doug will go for it on a fourth and eleven, then punt, or try for a fieldgoal on a fourth and one, but the analytics team is advising him on what the best move is at all times. Are they always right? No. But that's how the Eagles decide whether to go for it or not.

Arians has said he'd come out of retirement to coach the Browns, so it's not out of the question that he'd do it for the Packers. They'll need the right coach though with Rodgers as the QB. They need someone Rodgers will respect and work with, or they need to move Rodgers. (Possible, but unlikely.) The price of an Aaron Rodgers would be high, likely multiple first round picks, but stranger things have happened. Trading Aaron Rodgers would certainly test the loyalty of the fanbase. It's not necessarily a bad idea, as he is past his prime, but with no obvious replacement in house, it's a big gamble. It would free up a ton of cap space however.

We've seen older superstar QB's change teams in the past. Montana, Favre, and others have ended their careers on different teams. Alex Smith is a more recent example, but I wouldn't put him in that same class. Where would Rodgers go? Figure an AFC team. The Jaguars would be a possible team, maybe the Raiders. A Carr for Rodgers swap would be interesting. The Packers would get a younger gunslinger in exchange for Rodgers. The Broncos would be another possibility. The offseason in Green Bay promises to be interesting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the explanation, Gardenman. There are things that fans have no idea about; we just see whether a play works or not. If  not, it can be frustrating. 

I don't want to see Rodgers in Jacksonville. The Colts usually had problems with Bortles and recently Kessler. There were a couple exceptions, but the Jags have been a tough team for the Colts even with  a losing record. 

I hope the Chargers go far in the playoffs. Philip Rivers deserves the recogniton and the team is solid on defense. I would like to see them beat KC. Nothing against KC, ( I like Mahones) but the Chargers would be the underdog in that case. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

thank you to one of my teams, the chargers and phillip rivers, who managed to get a win over the STEELERS! the last minute or so of that game was CRAZY. the bengals and the browns also lost yesterday.

lamar jackson, three in a row! wow, who knew? will flacco even come back this season? will flacco remain a raven NEXT season? lots of rumors swirling around. i really do like flacco and overall he has been a good quarterback for us, but he is aging and lamar jackson is YOUNG and so far delivering. what a difficult decision that has to be made for this year AND for next.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

thank you to one of my teams, the chargers and phillip rivers, who managed to get a win over the STEELERS! the last minute or so of that game was CRAZY. the bengals and the browns also lost yesterday.

lamar jackson, three in a row! wow, who knew? will flacco even come back this season? will flacco remain a raven NEXT season? lots of rumors swirling around. i really do like flacco and overall he has been a good quarterback for us, but he is aging and lamar jackson is YOUNG and so far delivering. what a difficult decision that has to be made for this year AND for next.

@sunshine45

I'm tellin' ya it's that Santa nice list magic.....

See the source image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The Eagles are still alive! Not the most impressive showing last night, but we're still alive and in the hunt. It's a shame Colt McCoy broke his leg, and very frustrating for him. That pretty much kills the Redskins. Mark Sanchez will likely win a game or two, but not enough.

The Eagles have three big tests awaiting them now in the Cowboys, Rams and Texans. Win all three and they're in the playoffs. They all happen to be really good teams playing well though, so winning all three will be a challenge. Still, it's not impossible. Dallas will be tough as they've had a long week to recover with last playing on Thursday while the Eagles have a short week going from Monday night.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The next games will determine what happens. As of today, the order of teams in the Hunt are NFC Panthers, Eagles and Redskins. Panthers will play Saints the last week. 

AFC are Dolphins and Colts. The Colts beat the Dolphins but are still below them . 

That's too bad about Colt McCoy. Washington must be cursed or something, losing two QBs to leg injuries. Mark Sanchez played quite well last night for being with the team only two weeks. Adrian Peterson still has it. 

Carson Wentz is as good as ever. The Eagles needed the win and played like it. I didn't realize that Sproles was returning. The team missed him and is glad he's back. 

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, first, how very sad for Colt McCoy. He was so excited at getting the chance to play. Hopefully both he and Alex Smith will be good to go next season.

I have always liked Mark Sanchez ... thought he did quite well considering he joined the team just two short weeks ago!

Carson Wentz looked fantastic last night! He must have been reading the many articles lately (several just yesterday!) pointing out how his stats and numbers have been so off from last season. He must have decided to show everyone that the old Wentz is back! Keep it going, Carson, and the Eagles may just win the division!! This was the first back-to-back win for the Eagles this year!

So good to have Sproles back! And Golden Tate was clicking! 

It was a great night for the Eagles!!

Now it is on to Dallas on Sunday! Wonder if they possibly could move that game from 4:25 to prime time? Probably not since it is FOX's Game of the Week. But the ratings on Sunday night on NBC would be through the roof!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @yellowBeetle @teganslaw

CONGRATS gardenman & yellowbeetle on your Eagles WIN!!!  The Eagles played well......Good Luck on your quest to get the NFC East crown....And PLEASE beat the Cowboys!

And teganslaw Good Luck to your Colts!

So sad about Colt McCoy....I swear if my Redskins didnt have bad luck they'd have no luck at all....they are cursed!!!

Image result for redskin indian logo crying

Oh Ill still be watching football just that there will be no pressure---- my team is out of the playoff mix....I just hope we stay out of last place...I will never hear the end of it if my sisters Giants pass us up.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt

Thanks for your Congrats!

But I do not think your Redskins are out of playoff contention. The NFC East could be won by the Redskins, Eagles, or the Cowboys, imo. Same with a wild card spot!

Things are just too volatile and uncertain to write any of these three off ... yet!!!

Mark Sanchez can be very, very good. He could rally the team. Your Redskins are 6-6 ... right in the thick of things. They have Peterson who had his career-high run last night! 

Looking ahead at their schedules, it seems the Eagles have the toughest competition, having to face both the Rams and Texans. Plus of course  they travel to Dallas this Sunday to play the Cowboys who just beat Brees ... and then at the end they face your Redskins again ... who by then will have had Sanchez leading them for multiple weeks.

The Eagles had their first back-to-back win of the season last night! That is a staggering stat! And a bit scary! But Wentz looked rejuvenated ... and having Sproles healthy is a real plus. So the Eagles are starting to peak at a good time!!

The Cowboys certainly are a strong contender and could easily win either the division or a wild card slot.

Same with your Redskins!

So I honestly do not think any of these three NFC rivals are eliminated yet.

The one who can eke out the division win may turn out, though, to be the only playoff team. With Seattle and Minnesota and even Carolina still in the mix, there unfortunately is no guarantee that an NFC East team will snag one of those two wild card spots.Hopefully one will ... but it will be close!!

So don't give up!!Woman Happy (That's my pep talk for the day!!Woman Wink)

Esteemed Contributor

The Bills released WR Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes. It seems that neither were very productive with the team. 

I was reading other sports message boards, and some of the Jaguars fans were upset with the win. They figured that theJaguars draft picks were hurt by beating the Colts and that they wouldn't have as good a chance to get a better quarterback. Also, it seems that the Jaguars have a bigger rivalry with the Titans than with the Colts or Texans. Interesting how certain fans react. 

There is an article about how Washingon is unlikely to sign Kaepernick. After two years his name still comes up!

Mark Twain