Honored Contributor

Re: Week Ten of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

The three turnovers were brutal. The first interception hit AJ Brown right in his hands then bounced into the Commander. Then Goedert's fumble on the uncalled facemask. Then Quez Watkins fumble after the long reception. Oh well. On to next week.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Im SHOCKED but thats the best washington has played all year. Running the ball and time of possession. And i think the players rallied around Heinicke0
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It was a good blueprint to beat the Eagles. Eagles' defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon believes in sitting back, letting the opposing offense make a mistake, and then capitalizing. If the opposing offense plays safe and mistake-free football, we lose. He lacks aggression. It's been a long-term problem with him as defensive coordinator. He's just passive by nature. On rare occasions, he'll get an aggressive spurt that's usually successful, but then he turtles back into his nice safe shell and plays scared.

The big topic on Eagles' Twitter at halftime was if it was possible to fire the DC of an undefeated team at halftime while 8-0. You would have thought Taylor Heinicke was Tom Brady with the way Gannon played him. The stats say this is a good defense, but they fail the eyeball test. You have to be able to stop the run. If your front four aren't getting the job done, then use run blitzes to fill the gaps. 

Gannon just keeps doing the same thing play, after play, after play, and it just doesn't work. Dropping back into a deep zone and giving receivers eight to ten yards of cushion is not an ideal strategy. He's got good cover corners who can glue themselves to any receiver in the league. Use them. Go man on coverage and blitz the QB. Take the initiative. Be aggressive. Force them to make mistakes rather than just sitting back and hoping they do.

The good news for the Eagles is Gannon is rumored to be a top candidate for a head coaching job elsewhere. The Texans almost hired him last year. God willing, someone will hire him this year. (Eagles fans were begging the Texans to hire him last year.) The Eagles fan base won't be upset to see Gannon go. He's giving us all ulcers.

This coming week we get to see Jonathan Taylor run all over the defense. That should be fun. Jordan Davis might be back for the Titans, but if not, expect Derrick Henry to put up huge numbers in that game. 

And despite Gannon's ineptness, the Eagles still had a shot to win if not for the turnovers. Oh well, on to next week and the Colts. If the Colts have seen the game film, they'll know to run left, run right, and run up the middle and that easy eight to ten-yard completions will always be there against Gannon's soft zones. Kudos to Washington for taking what Gannon gave them, but Gannon is way too generous as a DC for Eagles fans.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman
What was surprising is our beat up oline protected Heinicke pretty well and did a pretty good job blocking for our running.backs. Of course it sounds like your eagles DC played into washingtons hands too.
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Hes a pretty good kicker
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt 

Congrats on the win last night!!! The Commanders are looking really good with Heinicke as their QB! From comments online and on TV, the general consensus seems to be that Heinicke should remain as the starter. Columns online in the WAPO as well as on other sites, along with TV analysts like Kyle Brandt on GMF, in essence said it is a no-brainer to keep Wentz on the bench and let Heinicke play the rest of the season. And after the game, Brian Robinson and other players were gushing about Heinicke. He just brings a spark to the team that seemed to be missing with Wentz.

So if Wentz is brought back in as the starter, it will be obvious that Danny Boy is still calling the shots, as we know the team prefers Heinicke to Wentz! And from comments online from fans, they much prefer Heinicke to Wentz, too. 

And hopefully the Eagles will use this loss as a wake-up call to not get complacent!😉 The defense was not good...and there were some sloppy mistakes on offense. But I also hope that the NFL changes their policy about reversing missed face mask calls. That is a safety issue. If players get the idea they can yank at a face mask and get away with it, someone is going to be seriously hurt.

But...the Eagles were outplayed last night...so congrats to the Commanders and to you @Spurt!!!😉

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the game on NFL+. The Commanders had a good gameplan to beat the Eagles. I imagine the Colts are watching films on that game. 

How did the officials miss the facemask penalty? it was obvious, so maybe they were taking a break at that time.

Who was replacing Chase Young? The Commanders were missing one of their top players, but it didn't affect them much. Congrats to the Commanders! The Eagles were just outplayed. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

I'll admit it.  I was rooting for Wash. last night, and I hope that never ever

happens again. LOL  It did not feel good.

Congrat @Spurt  on giving Eagles their first loss.

Good game last night.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowBeetle

Thank you for your kind comments on washingtons win.

Yep the players all like Heinicke. Rivera will have to decide. When Rivera took the job Snyder agreed Ron would make all personnel decisions so hope fully Snyder will stick to that and i hope Ron sticks with Heinicke. Mclaurin gets the ball more when Heinicke's the QB.

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose

Thank you