Honored Contributor

Re: Week Ten of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

@Spurt wrote:

WOW that was a shellacking the Steelers gave the Panthers...

Carolina started out good, then imploded. For reasons I don't understand they kept dropping Julius Peppers back into coverage. He did break up one pass, but that's not an ideal use for a great pass rusher. You can get away with it once or twice, but a sane offensive coordinator is going to notice it and take advantage of it if you do it too much and Carolina did it too much. Once a game to catch the offense off guard is okay. Maybe twice a game you can get away with. Do it ten times or more in a game and you'll pay the price.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Gardenman. you could probably give tips to Carolina's defensive coordinator. They certainly needed help last night. The other NFC South teams were probably enjoying the game. Not so much the AFC North teams. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Redskins over Bucs-Fitzmagic may save this one, but I take the Skins

Chiefs over Cardinals-Big win

Jets over Bills-I need Shady to score lots, though

Jaguars over Colts-This could go either way

Lions over Bears-Prayers needed in this one

Saints over Bengals-They are hot right now

Patriots over Titans-It is time to get serious in NE

Falcons over Browns-Easy Peasy

Chargers over Oakland-Pretty sure that me, @yellowBeetle@gardenman@Spurt @teganslaw and six of our friends could beat the Raiders right now!

Rams over Seahawks-Come on Todd, baby, I need the win!!

Dolphins over Packers-PLEASE!

Eagles over Cowboys-I hope G Tate excels with his new team.  Love him

49ers over Giants-yawn  zzzzzzzz

Good Luck to all teams!  Great weekend to all !!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

Dez Bryant was injured in practice; it's feared that he might have a torn achilles tendon. He will have an MRI to determine how severe the injury is. So much for him helping the team......

The Colts released RB Robert Turbin. That wasn't a surprise, as he didn't do much after coming back from his suspension. Mack and Jorden Wilkins are the main rbs now. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Dez Bryant injury is yet another example of how hard it is to physically prepare to play if you're not on a team from the start of the offseason. I would expect something similar with Le'Veon Bell when/if he returns this season. Team trainers spend months of the offseason stretching and conditioning players to get them ready for the season. When players don't have that behind them, they tend to sustain these types of injuries. It's a shame for Dez as he found himself in the perfect spot. Drew Brees would have fed him the ball and given him chances that Dak Prescott wouldn't.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It's gameday! My early games are the Patriots/Titans, Redskins/Bucs, then the Seahawks/Rams and finally the Cowboys/Eagles.

It sounds like we'll see a lot of Golden Tate in today's game. He got to Philly right after being traded and was with the offensive coaches pretty much nonstop over the bye. This week he was able to practice with the team and put what he learned from the coaches into practice. The players have been impressed by Tate which is good. His quickness is apparently a bit startling to the defenders. It'll be interesting to see how he does in today's game. Tate got two bye weeks this year as the Lions had an earlier bye, then he came to Philly on their bye. That'll hurt his stats as he'll only play in fifteen regular season games this year, but that should also keep him fresher and healthier.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The early games in my area: 

CBS: Jags@ Colts

FOX: Lions @ Bears  

FOX 4:25 game is Dolphins@ Packers

SNF Cowboys@ Eagles.

DE Tyquan Lewis , drafted in the third round, wil make his debut today. for the Colts. He was injured early on and hadn't played yet. I'm excited to see how how he does, as he got high ratings in college.

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

Just don't expect too much from the kid. Defensive ends typically take two to three years to grow into the job. Offensive tackles tend to bully them for the first year or two, then the kids learn and adjust and adapt.

Look at TJ Watt. In his rookie year he had seven sacks, despite being a first round pick with an experienced older brother to rely on for advice and feedback. This year through nine games he already has eight sacks and has been a beast.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

My early games-

Saints vs Bengals

Cardinals vs Chiefs--they couldnt come up with amore cmpetitive AFC game Woman Tongue

Late game--

Seahawks vs Rams

SNF-

Cowboys vs Eagles

MNF-

Giants vs 49ers

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts are all over the Jags @ haltime: 29-13. This is the first time Jacksonville has allowed over 300 yards of offense  in the first half since 2016; their defense has somewhat imploded. All the Colts touchdowns have been scored by TEs, three of them by Ebron! The Jags have no answer unless they make adjustments at halftime. 

Mark Twain