Honored Contributor

Week Sixteen of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!! Week sixteen already! Why it seems like just yesterday that the last of the week fifteen games were played. Wait a minute! It was just yesterday! Another busy week ahead with four more days of scheduled games and God only knows how many days of currently unscheduled games.

We start out this week with the Niners and Titans squaring off on Thursday night. Both teams are currently in the playoffs, but a loss could help knock either one back, and possibly out of the playoffs completely. I'll take the Titans in this one because I want the Niners to lose. (Sorry Niners, but you could be in the way of the Eagles making the playoffs.)

Next up are a pair of Christmas day games. The Browns take on the Packers. The Browns really, really need the win, while the Packers are on cruise control, having already locked up the NFC North. Will desperation (the Browns) overcome talent (the Packers)? God only knows. I guess I'll take the Packers.

The Colts look to run over the Cardinals. The Colts are on a roll while the Cards seem to have forgotten how to win, losing two straight they shouldn't have lost. I'll go with the hot team here in the Colts and assume that Jonathan Taylor continues to just run over everyone in his way.

On to the Sunday games! The Giants come to Philly. The Eagles find themselves having their postgame and pregame press conferences oddly overlap after playing on Tuesday then again on Sunday. Assuming the Eagles players can get out of the hot tub in time to play on Sunday, I expect the Eagles to dominate this one. The Eagles had four dropped TD passes, two red-zone turnovers, and a ton of untimely penalties in the last matchup and still almost won. The Giants acted like they'd won the Super Bowl after the game was pretty much handed to them on a silver platter and the Birds will look to remind the Giants of how lucky they were, and that luck doesn't hold out forever. I expect a big, one-sided Eagles win. 42-7 wouldn't shock me.

The Rams take on the Vikings. Go Rams! The Vikings need to lose a game or two to help the Eagles sneak into the playoffs, so go Rams! Cooper Kupp is a heck of a wide receiver and likely more than the Vikings can handle. (Also, part of why Carson Wentz still isn't an Eagle. Carson was asked about WRs in the year Kupp came out and really wanted him. They'd worked out together and had developed a good chemistry. The Eagles said, "Nah!" Each year he recommended a top WR and each year the Eagles went with someone else. Each time Carson was correct, and the front office/scouts were wrong. It was a factor in Carson leaving Philly.) I'll take the Rams.

The Bills and the Patriots square off for the AFC East lead. (Why is this a one o'clock game and not flexed into a better time slot?) This should be quite the fight. I'm taking the Bills just to liven things up a bit.

Tampa Bay goes to Carolina. The Bucs should get the win here, but they've been really dinged with new injuries so it may not be a pretty win. They're dusting of Le'Veon Bell yet again due to injuries to their RBs. I'll take the Bucs but it won't be pretty.

The Jaguars and Jets square off in a game for draft position. The Jags have an edge over the Jets in the draft now having won just two games to the Jets three, but the Jets can make up that ground with a loss. I'll take the Jaguars to roar to a tie with the Jets for that draft slot by getting the win. Jags for the win!

Detroit and Atlanta face one another in a game where both teams are likely asking, "Why are we playing this game?" Winning or losing won't really change anything too much for either team. They are what they are. I guess I'll take the Falcons.

The Chargers get to be the next team to beat the Texans. I'll take the Chargers.

The Ravens and Bengals fight for supremacy in the AFC North. Both teams are at 8-6 with one going to 9-6 and the other to 8-7. The Ravens are pretty badly beat up so I'll give a slight edge to the Bengals.

The Bears and Seattle face off. Will Russell Wilson put on a good show for the Bears, who were widely rumored to be in the hunt for him this past offseason? Probably not, but he should do enough to get the win. I'll take Seattle.

The Steelers take on the Chiefs. The Steelers really, really need this game. The Chiefs don't need it as much and are dealing with lots of covid issues. I'll give the slightest possible edge to the Steelers. (If the Chiefs get healthy pregame, it'll likely be the Chiefs winning though.)

The Broncos take on the Raiders. Desperation time for both teams. Neither is likely to make the playoffs, but a loss would pretty much ensure they don't. I'll give a slight edge to the Broncos in this one.

Whatever's left of the WFT takes on the Cowboys. The WFT are pretty much out of players at this point. They need to do some fast healing and then hit the road to Dallas. Yeah. I'm not optimistic about their chances in this game. I'll take Dallas for the win. (I'd rather the WFT win though. I just don't see it happening.)

And finally, Monday night finds the Dolphins and Saints battling it out. Both teams need a win to stay relevant in the playoff hunt. Only one can get the win. The Dolphins are hot and playing well so I'm giving them the slightest edge in this one.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Sixteen of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

The 2022 Pro Bowl roster will be announced tonight 8:00 EST on NFL Network. Five players have already been listed ahead: Jonathan Taylor (received most votes); Cooper Kupp; Aaron Donald; Tom Brady and Travis Kelce. 

Brady never attends because he's been in the Super Bowl, but didn't go the few times his team missed the Super Bowl. So someone should already be selected to replace him. 

I didn't know that Carson Wentz recommended Cooper Kupp. He has good taste, and knew that Kupp would be a winner.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

Yeah, after Carson's rookie year, the Eagles had him join the scouting guys in evaluating wide receivers for the draft. Guys he worked with and wanted were Kupp, Jefferson, Ceedee Lamb, and DK Metcalf. You may notice none of them are Eagles. He had a good eye for WRs, but the scouts and GM thought they knew better. It was one of the things that frustrated Wentz and led to him wanting to be traded. He'd put in hundreds of hours watching tape, travel the country talking to guys, work out with them, offer his recommendations, then watch the Eagles draft someone else.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Nick Sirianni tested positive for Covid and will conduct his responsibilities remotely. Hopefully, he will be available Sunday, but if not, pass game coordinator Kevin Petullo will take his place. Other coaches have been in the same situation and done well, so it might turn out OK. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Nick Sirianni is holed up in a hotel until he passes the covid testing, so God help the hotel staff. Nick is something of a caged lion at the best of times and being cooped up in a hotel room while the team is without him will have him a bit on edge. He's going to participate in all of the team meetings via teleconference so he'll be kept pretty busy, but everyone involved will breathe a sigh of relief when he's back to normal and can burn off his excess energy on the field. If there's bad Internet at the hotel, well, that could be a problem. I expect he'll be back to normal pretty soon.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Been a busy week leading up to Christmas so just making this short and sweet.......

Niners vs Titans---  TITANS at home! 

Browns vs Packers ----How should I say this, quoting a certain QB the Packers can R E L A X since they've locked up the Norse Division.....so I'll go with the desperate  BROWNS! 

Colts vs Cardinals----The Cardinals seem to have lost their mojo, while the Colts seem to be peaking at the right time---COLTS

Giants vs Eagles---Until the Giants fix their line and find a QB...EAGLES with an easy win!

Rams vs Vikings --- RAMS!!!  All that talent HAS TO gel at some point! 

Bills vs Patriots--- The Patriots weaknesses were exposed.....going with the BILLS!

Bucs vs Panthers---BUCS---Tom was embarrassed and wants to redeem himself....

Jaguars vs Jets---Who cares---going with the JAGUARS!

Lions vs Falcons--- Oh those fiesty never give up Lions and the unpredictable Falcons....What the heck Ill go with the LIONS! ROAR LIONS ROAR!

Chargers vs Texans.. CHARGERS!!!!  .ZZZZZZZZZZ  

Bears vs Seahawks----  Seahawks!

Steelers vs Chiefs---interesting game, the Steelers are the team that wouldnt die....With the Chiefs covid issues taking those STEELERS

Broncos vs Raiders---interesting game...Taking Derek Carr and the RAIDERS at home! 

WFT vs Cowboys---- Waving the white flag..or is that a covid mask---sadly Cowboys 😭 

Dolphins vs Saints---taking those fiesty DOLPHINS! 

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

O/T Need to aks you something since your not only good with the NFL stuff but electronics and streaming as well, what do you know about TUBI (free movies and TV shows)? Are they legit, or is it some kind of a scam??? They say they pay their way through commercials every 15 minutes.....Any info would be appreciated.......THANKS! 😊

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman @teganslaw @sunshine45 @soonersis @AuntG @yellowrose and all NFL FANS----

new-year-football-ball-santa-hat-merry-christmas-happy-snowflakes-isolated-background-minimalistic-pattern-graphic-168079191.jpg

Ep8rjsUXEAA3mvC.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The 2022 Pro Bowl roster will be announced tonight 8:00 EST on NFL Network. Five players have already been listed ahead: Jonathan Taylor (received most votes); Cooper Kupp; Aaron Donald; Tom Brady and Travis Kelce. 

Brady never attends because he's been in the Super Bowl, but didn't go the few times his team missed the Super Bowl. So someone should already be selected to replace him. 

I didn't know that Carson Wentz recommended Cooper Kupp. He has good taste, and knew that Kupp would be a winner.

@teganslaw 

CONGRATS to the Colts Jonathan Taylor who made the Pro-Bowl plus.....Quenton Nelson, G , Ryan Kelly, C, Darius Leonard, LB  DeForest Buckner, DL  Kenny Moore, CB  Luke Rhodes, LS )

My WFT had 2 players---- DT Jonathan Allen and G Brandon Scherff---CONGRATS! 

@gardenman 

Eagle Pro-Bowlers---Jason Kelce and Darius Slay

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Tubi is perfectly legit. So is Crackle and quite a few others. If you Google "free streaming services" you can find lists of them all with various pros and cons. The ad supported services will sometimes run the same ad four or five times in a row which can get tedious.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!