Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Sixteen of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

Carson Wentz was placed on the Covid list. The article didn't say if it was a high risk close contact or if he tested positive. He is not vaccinated, so the high risk would be 5 days, positive ten days. Either way, it looks like Wentz won't be available Sunday. 

Sam Ehlinger would start in his place. If Jonathan Taylor should end up on the Covid list, (Hoping it doesn't happen), we might as well call it quits. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

very sad to hear that john madden passed away unexpectedly!

they just released that documentary about him! ALL MADDEN.

85 years old .....thanks for all the great memories, the passion, the knowledge, and the video games that will live on. a true legend.

rest in peace.....you will have a lot of great plays to make in heaven!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

very sad to hear that john madden passed away unexpectedly!

they just released that documentary about him! ALL MADDEN.

85 years old .....thanks for all the great memories, the passion, the knowledge, and the video games that will live on. a true legend.

rest in peace.....you will have a lot of great plays to make in heaven!

@sunshine45 

ITA....Madden made football BOTH fun and interesting!!!! Great coach and broadcaster....😥 REST IN PEACE!!! 

John Madden, former Hall of Fame NFL coach and broadcaster, dies at 85 -  ABC News

Legendary NFL coach and broadcaster John Madden has died - Field Gulls

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Madden was the best ever. He made football fun to watch. Most color commentators are blah. I more watch the action on the TV than listen to them. Madden you listened to. He could get to the nuts and bolts if needed, but mostly he was just having fun enjoying the games.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Madden was the best ever. He made football fun to watch. Most color commentators are blah. I more watch the action on the TV than listen to them. Madden you listened to. He could get to the nuts and bolts if needed, but mostly he was just having fun enjoying the games.

@gardenman @sunshine45 

Today's broadcasters just cant compare!!! Who else would think of diagramming a snickers candy bar wrapper that a Cowboy player had dropped on the sidelines---too funny..😄 I loved his books too.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

John Madden defined football. May he RIP. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain