Honored Contributor

Re: Week Sixteen of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

@Spurt 

Yeah, the only option here is Comcast. With no competition, they set whatever price they want. They keep moving channels to new packages so you have to constantly upgrade to keep getting the same channels. They aren't my favorite company to deal with and I was very happy to say goodbye to them. I might switch from Sling to YouTube TV at some point. It's an option I keep in mind. 

The Bucs are justing killing the Lions in this early game. It's gotten ugly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Competition helps in pricing....in everything especially in entertainment options....

ITA Bucs/Lions what a boring game.....I wanted a day to just relax after Christmas and watch some NFL football, but gee wish it was more competitive...hopefully tonights game will be better.....

It will be interesting to see what Chucky does with his Raiders this off season.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The Eagles have dusted off DeSean Jackson yet again so he can get reinjured over the final two weeks. I'm not sure how much he'll play, but if healthy, he can scare defenses. Dallas pretty much has to commit safeties to stop the run, which leaves the corner man on man against DeSean, and there aren't a lot of guys in the league who can run with DeSean. Mike Nolan probably isn't happy to hear that news. It complicates planning a defense. Do you give your corner help? That takes a guy out of your run defense though. And your run defense is pretty iffy to begin with. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

GAMEDAY!!!!  And WOW...how about that Fitzmagic and those Dolphins...unbelievable!!! 

In my area----

EARLY GAMES:

Colts vs Steelers--- Lot on the line in this game, should be a good one....

Bengals vs Texans---- ZZZZ teams just filling time until next season...

LATE GAME:

Eagles vs Cowboys---- All I can say is FLY EAGLES FLY! Woman Very Happy

SNF:

Titans vs Packers--- In the frozen tundra at Lambeau....should be a good game...Titans need a win! 

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Jon Gruden is probably about ready to kill himself and his team after that game last night. The missed field goals, and extra points. Then letting Mack Hollins of all people get loose on the sidelines in the last few seconds of the game for a big gain. Add in your defensive lineman ripping off Fitzpatrick's head in the process to get them even closer. Those are the kinds of games that just eat a coach alive. You could have, should have won, easily, and you come out with a loss instead. I'm not even sure Fitzpatrick saw Hollins. I kind of suspect he was just trying to get the ball out of bounds to avoid the sack and Hollins happened to be there and made the catch. Gruden has either gained a handful of grey hairs or has pulled out several handfuls of hair by now. Those are not fun games for a coach.

Gameday three of the week! I have no idea who my early game on Fox is. My online program guide says it'll be the Panthers/WFT, but since they're now playing at 4:05 they won't be airing that game at one. Every other source I have says TBA. The Giants/Ravens will be on CBS however, so I'll probably watch that.

The Eagles play the Cowboys at 4:30 so that should be fun. DeSean Jackson is being briefly dusted off so he can get a new injury yet again. (I believe he'll now be playing in his sixth of 32 possible games as an Eagle since he resigned. Odds are he won't be healthy again next week.) I'd rather see us keep using the kids instead of the old guys who won't be here next year. (Barring them agreeing to taking massive salary cuts.) Jalen Hurts will get the start. The bad news is, so will Matt Pryor who gave up four sacks and countless hurries last week at right tackle. Here's hoping he's better this week going against Demarcus Lawrence. (He certainly can't be much worse.)

Darius Slay is back at corner and he's typically played very well against Amari Cooper, so that could be fun to watch. Cooper is much better at home than on the road and he'll be playing at home today, so he'll be primed for a big game. The Eagles are down a couple of defensive ends in Derek Barnett and Josh Sweat. (Josh Sweat has put up numbers comparable to, or better than Chase Young of the WFT, in fewer snaps. He's been doing it quietly and no one's really noticed all that much, but the kid is good and we'll miss him today.)

The Eagles have a full receiving corps for the first time this decade, or so it seems. Every wide receiver is healthy and the only guy out is our third-string tight end. The offensive line is the same this week for one of those rare times all year. Four-fifths of the offensive line is playing very well. Jordan Mailata our converted rugby player is a beast out there. He's so big and strong that he just throws defenders around. 

It should be a good game. If the Panthers can eke out the win over the WFT and the Eagles get a win over Dallas then the NFC East title will come down to next week's Eagles/WFT game. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

A Raiders win would have helped the Colts for the playoffs. They can still get in by beating the Steelers and a Baltimore loss. Even if the Colts lose today, they can reach the playoffs by certain results next week. A win by Indy and a loss by Tennessee would be huge. 

Both left and right tackles Anthony Castonzo and Braden Smith are out. The Colts brought some players from the practice squad who could help if necessary. 

Besides Colts-Steelers, the other early game is Falcons-Chiefs. 

Late afternoon is Rams-Seahawks. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I wonder if any team will interview Jason Garrett for a head coaching vavancy? He's done a good job developing young QBs. If you're drafting a kid QB, he might be a pretty good hire. I don't think the Giants head coach Joe Judge really wants him around. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I don't understand why the Browns had to play with SIX starters out with possible COVID symptoms. Then their flight was delayed and they had no practice time. 

Other teams this year postponed games when they had key players out due to COVID. It hurt the Browns, especially since this was a pivotal game for them. 

Respected Contributor

The Colts playoff hopes dropped, as they lost 28-24. They started out  dominating the Steelers, but the second half changed as the Steelers got the momentum and went ahead. Indy isn't mathematically eliminated yet, but they will have to win next week and rely on other teams. The Colts have had trouble winning at Heinz Field.

The Jets won their second game. Maybe they are no longer interested in the #1 draft pick. Cleveland still hasn't gotten a playoff spot, but they're closer to it than the Colts. 

If the Colts don't make it, I would like to see Buffalo go far, as they've already won the division. 

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I don't understand why the Browns had to play with SIX starters out with possible COVID symptoms. Then their flight was delayed and they had no practice time. 

Other teams this year postponed games when they had key players out due to COVID. It hurt the Browns, especially since this was a pivotal game for them. 

Maybe it was because the season is almost ended? I don't know, but it seems that the NFL hasn't been consistent. There have been complaints that the Ravens got special treatment earlier on. Also, Tennesee had Covid problems in the beginning, and some were saying that they weren't punished as they should have been. This has been a strange year in the NFL.

Mark Twain