Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Sixteen of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

How many teams are lined up to sign Haskins? I'd like to see how he'd do with NE and Belichick. Woman LOL

I saw the video by JJ Watt. He takes the game seriously and tells things like they are. Houston plays Tennessee next week. After listening to Watt, the Texans might play well. I hope they beat the Titans and then the Colts beat the Jags. Maybe Jacksonville won't want to give up the #1 draft pick and play accordingly. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I would think Duce Staley would get the first shot at being head coach. Duce is very highly thought of by Jeff Lurie and is due for a head coaching role.

Haskins won't be out of work terribly long. He's immature and a bit of an idiot, but he's got some good raw talent. The Steelers might just take a shot at him. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

How many teams are lined up to sign Haskins? I'd like to see how he'd do with NE and Belichick. Woman LOL

I saw the video by JJ Watt. He takes the game seriously and tells things like they are. Houston plays Tennessee next week. After listening to Watt, the Texans might play well. I hope they beat the Titans and then the Colts beat the Jags. Maybe Jacksonville won't want to give up the #1 draft pick and play accordingly. 

@teganslaw @gardenman 

Probably not too much of an interest out there for Haskins a team would have to pick up his 2 yr guaranteed contract.....Yes, GARDENMAN, Tomlin might take a chance with Ben getting up there...

Yep, JJ tells it like it is.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Yeah, Tomlin, Jon Gruden, maybe Kyle Shanahan, could all take a chance on Haskins. Kyle Shanahan would likely love to make Haskins into a star just to rub it in Snyder's face. Haskins has talent. He lacks maturity. Some guys never grow up. Some can grow up quickly. I'm betting lots of coaches/GMs are taking a long hard look at Haskins. He was a consensus first round pick and he's still young. He's just 23. The team named him a captain this year so they thought he had leadership ability. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

If SF or Pittsburgh are interested in Haskins, it would have to be as back up. Kyle Shanahan said that Garappolo, when he gets healthy, is their QB going forward. Roethlisberger's contract ends in 2022, so it looks like he won't be retiring yet. 

The Bills are on a roll. Josh Allen has been playing lights out. Allen has set a record with the Buffalo franchise with most touchdowns in a season, surpassing Jim Kelly. He probably won't, but Allen could get consideration for OPOY. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

I think Rivera made him a Captain to try to help build Haskins confidence and also give him responsibility which unfortunately, he did not take seriously......  They made Chase a captain instead....Chase is young, mature, and teammates say a real leader for the defense....  They both played for Ohio State .... a lot of people were saying that Ohio State is no place to get a QB....

Haskins as a captain....after the offense came off the field he would walk over to the defense and talk to them.....SMH!!! I would have loved to know what those young defensive players REALLY thought of Haskins, here they were working hard to make the team...Haskins just liked to be large and in charge as they say....

Your right, Kyle would love to rub it in Snyder's face.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

If SF or Pittsburgh are interested in Haskins, it would have to be as back up. Kyle Shanahan said that Garappolo, when he gets healthy, is their QB going forward. Roethlisberger's contract ends in 2022, so it looks like he won't be retiring yet. 

The Bills are on a roll. Josh Allen has been playing lights out. Allen has set a record with the Buffalo franchise with most touchdowns in a season, surpassing Jim Kelly. He probably won't, but Allen could get consideration for OPOY. 

@teganslaw @gardenman 

What a contrast did you hear the announcers talk about how hard Josh Allen worked in the off season to improve his footwork, delivery, and accuracy....That's what Haskins SHOULD have done! 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Yeah, Kyle Shanahan would love to take Haskins and mold him into a Pro Bowl level QB just to annoy Daniel Snyder. Most of the kid QBs work with a QB guru in the offseason these days. Wentz does every offseason. Hurts did both before and after the draft. Part of the challenge is finding the right QB guru. If the QB coach on your team and the QB guru have different philosophies, it can just confuse a guy more. You need everyone working together to improve the QB. Brady still works on his throwing motion and footwork every offseason with a guru.

Haskins might need more of a life guru than a QB guru right now though. Immaturity and bad decision making seem to be his big issue. Maybe getting cut will be a wake-up call for him. He likely felt fairly immune since the owner more or less hand-picked him. He needs to be around the right people, maybe get the "right" wife or family members more involved in his life. He's got the talent and ability, but he's worn out his welcome in DC and needs to show teams he's open to changing and growing up. He's still a young guy at 23. There are a whole lot of 23-year-old knuckleheads who eventually grow up to be solid citizens.

The Eagles will be starting Hurts again on Sunday night. Whatever his lower-body issue was has gotten better, so he'll get the start. We heard more from Doug Pederson who says he's been in constant contact with Jeffrey Lurie (Eagles' owner) and that they're in agreement on what has to happen going forward and that he'll be back as head coach next year. (I'm assuming there will be some fairly big changes among the staff.) 

We almost hired former Steeler wide receiver Hines Ward as the WR coach last year. I'm thinking we may go from almost hiring him to hiring him this year. (He's on the Jets staff now, but they'll likely flush everyone soon.) Our kid receivers have shown nearly no development, so bringing in someone like Ward could jumpstart them a bit.

While it now appears both Pederson and Howie Roseman (GM) are safe for next year, Doug said that he wants more input on personnel and is looking forward to working with Howie and the personnel guys on getting the right players. We'll have to see how it all plays out. This isn't really a bad team, they're just playing like one. The offensive line depth is impressive. If Lane Johnson, Andre Dillard, and Brandon Brooks come back healthy next year, we'll have a surplus of quality offensive linemen. Mailata's consistently graded out as a top-five left tackle all season. Nate Herbig has been very good at both guard positions. We've got two starting-caliber QBs. A good stable of running backs. Good tight ends. (Though I expect the Eagles to try and move Ertz if they can a third-round pick or higher for him. They shouldn't trade him for less than that as they'll get a late third-round compensatory pick if he leaves in free agency in 2022.) 

The defensive line is solid. The kid linebackers have played pretty well overall. Alex Singleton has been the best linebacker, but TJ Edwards and the rest aren't horrible. Darius Slay gives us one solid corner. Safety and the second corner are areas of need, but we have kids who could slide into those roles. It's not a horrible roster right now.

No word from the league yet on a fine or possible suspension for Jaylon Smith for the cheap shot he unleashed on Jordan Mailata in the game. The Eagles have sent both the TV footage and also game film to the league about the hit. Mailata had been plowing over Cowboy defenders all game on pulls and was pulling out to take on Jaylon Smith again, and instead of trying to fend off the block, Smith dove headfirst at Mailata's head and head-butted him, giving him a concussion and knocking him out of the game. It was very flagrant and should get at the very least a very stiff fine. Smith clearly used his helmet to try and injure an opposing player and that's just not something the league is supposed to allow. (I guess it might be legal against the Eagles though after Clowney did it to Wentz last year in the playoffs and didn't get punished.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

Yeah, Kyle Shanahan would love to take Haskins and mold him into a Pro Bowl level QB just to annoy Daniel Snyder. Most of the kid QBs work with a QB guru in the offseason these days. Wentz does every offseason. Hurts did both before and after the draft. Part of the challenge is finding the right QB guru. If the QB coach on your team and the QB guru have different philosophies, it can just confuse a guy more. You need everyone working together to improve the QB. Brady still works on his throwing motion and footwork every offseason with a guru.

Haskins might need more of a life guru than a QB guru right now though. Immaturity and bad decision making seem to be his big issue. Maybe getting cut will be a wake-up call for him. He likely felt fairly immune since the owner more or less hand-picked him. He needs to be around the right people, maybe get the "right" wife or family members more involved in his life. He's got the talent and ability, but he's worn out his welcome in DC and needs to show teams he's open to changing and growing up. He's still a young guy at 23. There are a whole lot of 23-year-old knuckleheads who eventually grow up to be solid citizens.

The Eagles will be starting Hurts again on Sunday night. Whatever his lower-body issue was has gotten better, so he'll get the start. We heard more from Doug Pederson who says he's been in constant contact with Jeffrey Lurie (Eagles' owner) and that they're in agreement on what has to happen going forward and that he'll be back as head coach next year. (I'm assuming there will be some fairly big changes among the staff.) 

We almost hired former Steeler wide receiver Hines Ward as the WR coach last year. I'm thinking we may go from almost hiring him to hiring him this year. (He's on the Jets staff now, but they'll likely flush everyone soon.) Our kid receivers have shown nearly no development, so bringing in someone like Ward could jumpstart them a bit.

While it now appears both Pederson and Howie Roseman (GM) are safe for next year, Doug said that he wants more input on personnel and is looking forward to working with Howie and the personnel guys on getting the right players. We'll have to see how it all plays out. This isn't really a bad team, they're just playing like one. The offensive line depth is impressive. If Lane Johnson, Andre Dillard, and Brandon Brooks come back healthy next year, we'll have a surplus of quality offensive linemen. Mailata's consistently graded out as a top-five left tackle all season. Nate Herbig has been very good at both guard positions. We've got two starting-caliber QBs. A good stable of running backs. Good tight ends. (Though I expect the Eagles to try and move Ertz if they can a third-round pick or higher for him. They shouldn't trade him for less than that as they'll get a late third-round compensatory pick if he leaves in free agency in 2022.) 

The defensive line is solid. The kid linebackers have played pretty well overall. Alex Singleton has been the best linebacker, but TJ Edwards and the rest aren't horrible. Darius Slay gives us one solid corner. Safety and the second corner are areas of need, but we have kids who could slide into those roles. It's not a horrible roster right now.

No word from the league yet on a fine or possible suspension for Jaylon Smith for the cheap shot he unleashed on Jordan Mailata in the game. The Eagles have sent both the TV footage and also game film to the league about the hit. Mailata had been plowing over Cowboy defenders all game on pulls and was pulling out to take on Jaylon Smith again, and instead of trying to fend off the block, Smith dove headfirst at Mailata's head and head-butted him, giving him a concussion and knocking him out of the game. It was very flagrant and should get at the very least a very stiff fine. Smith clearly used his helmet to try and injure an opposing player and that's just not something the league is supposed to allow. (I guess it might be legal against the Eagles though after Clowney did it to Wentz last year in the playoffs and didn't get punished.)

@gardenman 

Regarding the non suspension and the hit by Jaylon Smith--but he's a Cowboy ..the NFL will let it slide....😡 The Eagles should bring in the NFLPA since it is an illegal hit....

If Haskins friends/girlfriend are into strip joints and strippers he better find new friends....too many stories of EX-professional athletes where their "posse" made them spend all their money on partying and nightlife...

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Jaylon Smith incident. I've seen incidental contact fined. This wasn't incidental. He directly targeted Mailata's head. Mailata's not a dirty player. It wasn't a quid pro quo. Mailata was flattening Cowboy defenders by simply being bigger and stronger than them. The league should punish him, but we'll have to see.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!