Honored Contributor

Re: Week Six of the NFL Regular Season!!!

Thank you @proudlyfromNJ and @gardenman for your opinions.   Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

How delicious would that be?

Romo wearing green/gold?

E2693A40-54DC-4D22-9E26-0161561FEBBA.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WHEW!!!  Those turnovers almost cost us the game....and with us being short handed on defense........Didnt like some of the play calling in the Red Zone either..The Redskins struggled with the running game early...but RB Chris Thompson had a great play breaking free for a 13 yd gain ........Some of Cousin's passes were a tad off and there was an INT........I heard one of the announcers sum it up rather nicely--he showed a few flaws while executing drives when the team needed them---including rushing 7 yds for a TD. .Although Davis had a fumble which was converted into a score for the 49ers, Vernon Davis also came through with a catch and running 33 yds to the 49ers 22, WR Grant also had a key catch.....But for me the team had to settle FGs that shouldve been TDs and then barely hanging on for the win.......

The Redskins face the NFC East leaders next @gardenman Eagles....and we've got to play better than we did or it will be a long Monday Night..........

One ironic note --- 

Beathard, a third-round pick out of Iowa and grandson of former Redskins general manager Bobby Beathard, took over for Hoyer with about six and a half minutes left in the first half and the 49ers down 14-0. After Hoyer was 4 of 11 for 34 yards, Beathard went 19 of 36 in his first NFL action and gave the team a definite lift and showed some poise and leadership. With the 49ers down by two in the final minute, Beathard led them toward field goal range, but he as intercepted by Kendall Fuller on fourth down to seal the win for the Redskins.....Who knows, maybe Shannahan will decide to groom Beathard instead of going after Kirk Cousins.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

WOW---MORE NFL UPSETS!!!!---This is an interesting and upredictable season for sure!!! 

First of all I would like to apologize for AD....how about that TD he had to start the game--and he's really playing well!!!!

That Aaron Rodgers injury---YIKES!!! And the rookie RB sensation Furnette hyper extends his knee!!!

How about those Bears with Trubisky winnning in OT

The only thing that we could count on that came through was another Cleveland Browns loss.......

Lets see if there are any surprise endings to the late games.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

JAMES HARRISON

That's all I have to say.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Surprises continue not even one undefeated team headed into Week 7............

How about that Chargers/Raiders game.....

And those old dinosaurs did it Cardinals win with good games by Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald and AD.........

As @sunshine45 said it was a good day to watch the Red Zone..........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

How about that Chargers/Raiders game.......

LOL, who knew that the chargers would come through at the last moments. my s/o is in SHOCK. he has pretty much given up on them (he is NOT a big phillip rivers fan).

all of you......stop picking my team to win because i am sensing some bad luck coming from all of that.....Smiley Wink

i could not even count on those darn CHIEFS today......grrrrrrr.

i will be at the monday night game the monday after thanksgiving. we better still be in it by then!

@Spurt.....there was LOTS of interesting things going on today.....perfect RED ZONE day!.....well except having to watch our flubs.

congrats on that redskins win today.....i heard you AND my brother screaming. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

How about that Chargers/Raiders game.......

LOL, who knew that the chargers would come through at the last moments. my s/o is in SHOCK. he has pretty much given up on them (he is NOT a big phillip rivers fan).

all of you......stop picking my team to win because i am sensing some bad luck coming from all of that.....Smiley Wink

i could not even count on those darn CHIEFS today......grrrrrrr.

i will be at the monday night game the monday after thanksgiving. we better still be in it by then!

@Spurt.....there was LOTS of interesting things going on today.....perfect RED ZONE day!.....well except having to watch our flubs.

congrats on that redskins win today.....i heard you AND my brother screaming. LOL

@sunshine45

I'm sorry about your Ravens I thought for sure they'd pull out the win.......OK I'll stop picking em...I'm probably the jinx.....

Tell your S/O I like Phillip and he should too....Smiley Happy   I was really torn and almost picked the Chargers.......

I dont know how loud your brother was screaming....but I was SCREAMING all the way to Baltimore AND to the moon and back--LOL!!! And I'll have to apologize to my neighbors for some of the language I used......LOL!!!!  I cant believe my Redskins ALMOST blew that game---SHEESH! 

Honored Contributor

Well, that was an unusual Sunday of football. Lots of weird games and weird outcomes. The Aaron Rodgers injury opens the door for Brett Hundley. The coaching staff kind of handcuffed the kid early in the game having him do little more than hand off the ball. They obviously didn't trust him. You can't do that. You've got to trust the backup when you put him in. Stick to the gameplan and trust the kid to execute. If you haven't given the kid enough reps in practice, then that's on the coaching staff and not the kid. You've got to have the backups ready to play each week and if they're not, then that's on the staff. The staff obviously felt Hundley wasn't ready to play.

The officiating this week was interesting, at best. That call in the Jets game had me baffled. I was hopping back and forth between the early games and watched the Jets get the touchdown, saw the initial replay, decided it was clearly a touchdown. then switched to the other game to watch that for a few minutes only to go back and find the Patriots had been given the ball and it wasn't a touchdown. Say what?

Both conferences are a largely jumbled mess. The Chiefs and Eagles have decent leads but behind them it's a mess. That Eagles/Redskins game next Monday will be huge in the NFC East. An Eagles win locks them in at least three games up on everyone else in the NFC East. A loss makes it a one game lead. That's a huge, huge game next Monday night.

The AFC East is a grab bag with all four teams within a game of the lead. In the AFC North only the Browns are out of the running. (The Browns and their quarterback situation is ridiculous. The list of quarterbacks they passed on starting with Donovan McNabb is staggering. You would think they'd just blindly luck into a good one at some point, but no.) The AFC South is being led by Jacksonville, but all four teams are just a game apart. The AFC West is owned by the Chiefs for now.

In the NFC the Eagles own the East for now. That could all change come next Monday night however. The North is up for grabs and if Trubisky keeps playing well he could be the catalyst to get the Bears back into things. Aaron Rodgers getting hurt opens things up there a ton. The NFC South is up for grabs. Tampa's in the most trouble, but they could sneak back into things. And the NFC West has the Rams leading with only the Niners really out of the race and the Niners are playing pretty well.

It's going to be a heck of a fight for the wild card spots this year.

Colin Kaepernick is now suing the NFL for collusion in not hiring him. Yeah, right. That'll work. He hasn't been hired because he's a brain-dead moron and brain-dead morons generally don't make great quarterbacks. Kaepernick's been frequently injured, hasn't played well recently when given the chance, and has taken a number of very controversial positions. He walked away from a $14 million contract wanting more money. When the Ravens were about to hire him this year, his girlfriend called one of their all time great players a house slave to the ownership. Gee, I wonder why no one hires him? The reason Colin Kaepernick is out of football is Colin Kaepernick. Not collusion. You can make a good argument that RGIII at least as good as, if not better than Kaepernick, but he's also out of football.

That Aaron Rodgers injury is opening up the NFC North in a big, big way. It's hard to have a team completely built around one player, but that's largely what the Packers have done with Rodgers. With Rodgers now gone, a whole lot of decent to good players on the Packers will have to play better than they've ever played before. 

The Niners have lost their last five games by a combined total of 13 points. They lost to the Rams and Redskins by two points and by three to the Seahawks, Cards, and Colts. They could start winning those games in the near future and if they do, things could get crazy in the NFC West. They play the Cowboys this coming week with the Cowboys coming off a bye and with a lot of uncertainty. That could be an interesting game to watch. The Niners may be the best 0-6 in the league and may be better than a few of the 2-3 or even the 3-2 teams. They just need one more play here or there.

Things are going to get kind of crazy as the season rolls along. We've got about eleven more weeks to go and I'm not sure there's a truly dominant team this year. I suspect the Patriots will rally and start playing better, but you never know.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Chiefs Kingdom reeling today. Looked like a practice squad melee with some brutes from PA.

SHEESH