Valued Contributor

Re: Week Six of the NFL Regular Season!!!

I'm a child of the 60s and enjoy a good demonstration and protest.  Freedom of speech is what makes us strong.  Kneel, don't kneel.  It's all good.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.  Go Skins.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone.....late to the party its been a wild week ........Let's see if we can do better than last week!!!

@gardenman

CONGRATS on the Eagles win!

Falcons vs Dolphins---Hmmm Matty Ryan vs Jay Cutler---I'll of course go with Matty and THE FALCONS! 

Bears vs Ravens-Tribusky did well in his debut, and the Bears run game was decent.  The Bears defense struggled against the run. Meanwhile, Flacco got his groove back and the Ravens defense has been helping the offense by forcing turnovers.  The Ravens are at home so going with THE RAVENS!

Browns vs Texans-Sadly the Texans lost 2 key defensive players one of them being JJ WATT Woman Sad....Young Watson continues to play well and you wonder who the heck will be the Browns QB this week....this team has played 28 QBs since 1999.  While Browns struggle with their offense, the Texans have some weapons including their mobile QB....going TEXANS!

Packers vs Vikings-Division game so you never know what can happen but Aaron Rodgers vs Keenum....I'm going with THE PACKERS!

Lions vs Saints-This is a tough one-I saw something scary and it was Matthew Stafford limping slightly-- ankle and hamstring injury. Lions defense has been playing pretty well....Meanwhile Drew Brees will try to make this a shootout since their defense is once again sub par. but the Saints can put points on the board but with Stafford hobbling will the Lions be able to keep up...going with THE SAINTS!

Patriots vs JETS JETS JETS...How strange that these are the top teams in the Division....But this jet plane will be landing because I think the PATRIOTS will take a win with Brady and Coach Beli at the helm and feeling a bit embarrassed how their season is going

49ers vs Redskins-Will Kirk be playing against his future team---at this point in time we will never know.  The 49ers coach knows the opponent....and the Redskins defense is extremely hobbled with so many injuries coming off last week's game with the Chiefs.  On offense the big question mark is LT Trent Williams knee cap injury and listed as questionable.  And T Ty Nsekhe is also out.  Josh Norman will be missed on defense, Zach Brown is questionable......BUT the Redskins have more talent on offense so I think they will go with Perine and Thompson with a strong running game, Jordan Reed is banged up but will play, Crowder will be the go to guy at WR since Pryor has been anything but reliable...And geecan the team just cut Doctson and be done with him---SHEESH.........49ers Hoyer had decent game last week against the Colts, but the 49 defense allowed 447 yds against the Colt's..The 49ers struggle with their running game, they do have reliable Pierre Garcon at WR (wish he was back with the Redskins)......I'm going with THE REDSKINS on this one (call me a homer Woman LOLWoman Wink).....

Bucs vs Cardinals-Bucs arent playing up to their talent and their young QB is making mistakes...........The Cards have the aging Palmer....and the wiley old veteran, Larry Fitzgerald.....but the Cards defense is dealing with injuries so isnt as potent.  I'm going with the Bucs thinking QB Winston will get back on track.......BUCS WIN! (I dont think AD will make a difference to the Cards either)..........

Rams vs Jaguars-This is a very interesting game and should be entertaining..........The Jags have a good defense and a good running game, however, where they lack is the QB department.  The Rams young QB made some costly mistakes, their defense is decent, and Coach McVay has done a good job.The Jags home field doesnt make a big difference....  I'm going with the better QB here and going with THE RAMS and Goff!

Steelers vs Chiefs--When Big Ben mulled over retirement last year, some wise person said, that means it's time to actually retire...All those turners---yep, he shouldve packed it up .....  Antonio is getting frustrated so I wonder what their locker room is like and if their is some division going on...........The Chiefs are the best team in the NFL right now---Alex Smith is having an out of the body experience with a more explosive passing game.......and young rookie Hunt has been outstandin, and their defense is good....going with THE CHIEFS!

Chargers vs Raiders-Well 2 good things for the Chargers, they are not playing at home before a sparse crowd, and they have Philip Rivers at QB, and finally got their running game going.But the Chargers D has been inconsistent.  Meanwhile supposedly Carr will return at QB for the Raiders....the Raiders defense needs to create some turnovers and they need to let "beastmode" run....The Raiders also have some key injuries to deal with and Mack will be their key player on the D side.....I dont know if Carr is fully healthy, but flipping a coin and taking THE RAIDERS!

Giants vs Raiders--Well Halloween Wars on the Food Network looks pretty good as an alternative to this game.....maybe the Broncos should put in Von Miller at QB to keep the viewing auidence tuned in or his highlights from Dancing With The Stars!  This game should get ugly quickly---BRONOCS (no contest)............

@gardenman

Why can't they have a good looking guy well built shirtless for the female NFL fans to sing the SNF opening  song......Woman TongueWoman Wink

Colts vs Titans---2 teams without their starting QBs....the Colts pulled out a win on Peyton Manning Ring Of Honor induction, no Peyton to inspire this week.  Colts have a decent running game, .Tennesse has been awful without Mariotta-28th in offense and Cassel had a miserable game last week and was sacked a lot. Without their starting QBs this is a coin flip going with THE COLTS!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

And it's game day! Sadly not for the Eagles however. We don't play again for another eight days. We get the Patriots/Jets or Packers/Vikings early today, then the Steelers/Chiefs at 4:30, and the Giants/Broncos late. It should be a nice stress-free day of football watching. By next Sunday it'll seem like a month since the last Eagles game.

I'll probably start out watching the Pats/Jets game to see if the Jets can hang in there with the Patriots. I kind of suspect the Jets to hang  in there a bit today. I'll switch to the Packers game if things get out of hand, but I expect Aaron Rodgers to spank the Vikes pretty easily.

Ben Roethlisberger will want a bounce back game in KC today. It'll be interesting to see if he can pull it off. The Steelers have the talent to play with anyone, but they've been running hot and cold this year. I suspect they'll be hot this week. It should be a good game.

Ben McAdoo is trying to play the "No one respects us!" game with the Giants. Yeah, well he's right, but there are five good reasons why no one respects them and that's the first five games they've played. They've now lost arguably the strength of the team in their wide receivers and expecting them to play better without their best players is expecting a lot. The Giants can't run, can't protect Eli, and have no real wide receivers. The defense has given up 122 points while the offense has only scored 82. Other than that though, things are great for the Giants.

NaVorro Bowman looks like he might be signing with the Raiders in the near future after being cut by the Niners. Supposedly  the Niners had a trade in place for Bowman but it was to a team that Navorro didn't want to play for and when informed of that possiblity he made it clear he'd prefer not to go there, so the Niners ended up releasing him so he could pick a good home for himself. Any draft pick the Niners would have gotten for him would have been fairly minimal anyway since he's an older guy with a high salary and a history of injuries. The trade would have likely been a conditional late round pick, but Bowman would hold the power. If he refused to show up, the trade would have been voided, so releasing him was the smartest move.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The games in my area are Ceveland-Houston and Chicago-Baltimore.  I'll probably switch between the two.Maybe I'll get to see Cleveland win their first. 

Pittsburgh-KC is televised later. It wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers won this game. KC isn't going undefeated all season, so this might be the game they lose. 

I'm hoping the Giants win tonight just because no one gives them a chance. Someone could win a lot of money on this game if they wanted to take a chance on that happening. 

Mariota is questionable for Monday's game. He says he's improving and hopes to play, though. The Colts placed guard Jack Mewhort on IR, so that's a loss for them. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@gardenman

I have to say that as one of the loyal fan base, I am never irritated by anyone who exercises his or her First Amendment Rights peacefully, no matter who stages a walk out.

Agreed. All I can say is that I think priorities are way out of whack in this becoming such a huge issue. Wish I could say more, but no.

I think the Pats will win today. Hopefully.

I'm living through an extremely hard time right now but I heard something this week that Goodell's wife created a fake Twitter account in support of him. Lol.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@gardenman

I have to say that as one of the loyal fan base, I am never irritated by anyone who exercises his or her First Amendment Rights peacefully, no matter who stages a walk out.

@Drythe 

I'm a big believer in most of the amendments (maybe not the 16th or 18th, but the rest I'm okay with) and feel the Constitution should be honored, but when it comes to free speech and protests, there's a time and a place. I'm just don't think that while on the job, during the National Anthem is the right time and place. 

In pretty much every NFL city there are talk radio stations and TV stations that either let players have their own shows, or that have players on as frequent guests. Those are pretty good forums for any such issues the players want raised. Pretty much any player in the league can call a press conference at any time to make any statement they want to make. When you hijack something like the National Anthem, it just is the wrong thing to do at the wrong time.

And truth be told, protests during the anthem have been done before, a lot. And it's never really done anything but drive a bigger wedge between the sides. (By the way, if anyone's interested the two amendments I was opposed to are the ones that created the federal income tax and prohibition. I could live pretty well without either of them. The one on prohibition was later wiped out, but the income tax one still irks me on or about April 15th of each year.)

@gardenman @Drythe@hopi

The protests aren't resolving the issue...players can sit or kneel until doomsday but the bottom line, it's not going to make a difference except get people angry at each other.  Real dialogue and a real action plan are what's needed to iniitate real changes to take place....But the anthem protests--NODDA....unless what you want is a standoff of  opinions and nothing gets done!!! ---these protests arent going to change anyones mind........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Things don't sound a lot better in Dallas. They cut Nolan Carroll who was their starting cornerback earlier in the year. Stephen Paea has decided to retire. The players held a player's only meeting that reporters lurking outside said had lots of angry shouting. Jerry Jones has apparently annoyed his players with his statement after last week's game about benching any player who protests. I'm not sure how it's happened, but the Giants and Cowboys are now the NFC East's most dysfunctional teams.

@gardenman

And lets not forget the removal of the injunction and now Zeke is suspended unless they refer the situation to a higher court.....so thats another issue for the Cowboys to deal with............

And Giants McAdoo benched Apple, although he's scheduled to return.....

Its a sure sign of the Apocalypse that my Redskins are actually a FUNCTIONAL team for a change---we got some injuries to deal with---but at least we are NOT dysfunctinal....#HTTR.....Woman Very HappyWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I won a whopping 4 games last week in my football pool.  It was quite an embarrassing display.  I'm blindly picking some games this week. There are a few I'm stuck on but I have to send it off today so wish me luck.  ROFLOL 

@Lipstickdiva

My picks arent great either....but hey its all in fun....good luck this week Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Ezekiel Elliott's suspension is back on again. No real surprise there. Had he served it upfront he'd be about ready to come back now.

@gardenman

I think Jerry was a tad disappointed that his influence didnt make Zeke's issue go away.....

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

Congrats to the Eagles!!! Great game! I thought Wentz was brilliant...threw, rushed, even tackled!!Woman Wink Maybe there will be a resurgence of the Wentzlvania shirts!!!Woman Very Happy

As to those uniforms, Thursday night games since last season often have the teams wearing the Color Rush uniforms which usually are one main color from head to toe! The Panthers had their version on, but the Eagles seemed to be in their monochromatic white that they have worn several other times this season. Read that they prefer the white on hot days, although there was no sunshine last night! Last year their Color Rush uniform was all black and were uniforms worn before . Personally I think most of them worn by other teams look ridiculous! The worst, imo, were a hideous mustard color gold from helmet to shoes worn by the Jaguars last year. Many said they looked like a bunch of Grey Poupon Mustard jars running around!

@yellowBeetle @gardenman

I'm not a fan of the Color Rush uniforms......

Did anyone see the awful uniforms the Florida gators wore in their game against A&M last night....I guess they were supposed to look like gator skin....but they didnt help the Gators and those unis were downright UGLY~~....but the UGLIEST uniforms have to be the 

Steeler's bumble bee outfits....thats a definite advantage for them since opponents are probably distracted by them....

Image result for steeler bumblebee uniforms